Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yeah I guess I have know reason or theory behind solos.......just saw a lot of successful people doing it.......it helps us newbies get down watering.....if anything.......what new beans did you pop doc?

Edit: you are prolly doing cuttings.......sorry.:)

Well, I just got done popping Colombians recently and they are on their second round.

I'm going to start some F13 seeds next and see what that's all about, then I'll probably start some of BOG's strains: Sour Bubble, Sour Grape, Strawberry Diesel.

But I've also got a lot of seeds that are complete mysteries, like Oaxacan Highland Haze and AFghan x THC Bomb. I may never get to them all!

Well, I just got done popping Colombians recently and they are on their second round.

I'm going to start some F13 seeds next and see what that's all about, then I'll probably start some of BOG's strains: Sour Bubble, Sour Grape, Strawberry Diesel.

But I've also got a lot of seeds that are complete mysteries, like Oaxacan Highland Haze and AFghan x THC Bomb. I may never get to them all!

Wow.....are you keeping paki and grape stomper? I know the Roja is staying in rotation......,:blunt:

Wow.....are you keeping paki and grape stomper? I know the Roja is staying in rotation......,:blunt:

Paki will always remain. It's the best. I've been out of it for about 2 weeks now and the next crop is already gone 3 weeks before harvest.

Stomper is probably close to done. Grape Ape is my go-to purple for the time being, although I'm open to replacing with a BOG strain as they are true purples as well.

Colombian is staying for sure.

I need a strong Indica at some point. Perhaps it's time to look in that direction.

Paki will always remain. It's the best. I've been out of it for about 2 weeks now and the next crop is already gone 3 weeks before harvest.

Stomper is probably close to done. Grape Ape is my go-to purple for the time being, although I'm open to replacing with a BOG strain as they are true purples as well.

I need a strong Indica at some point. Perhaps it's time to look in that direction.

I have a Herbie freebie Afghani I'm doing now in coast of Maine soil, but have a clone I'm going to run in yours soon.

Do you consider that a strong indica? I have been considering using that as a mother plant for a few reasons.

I have no idea of the genetics.... the mother is a beauty...

I have a Herbie freebie Afghani I'm doing now in coast of Maine soil, but have a clone I'm going to run in yours soon.

Do you consider that a strong indica? I have been considering using that as a mother plant for a few reasons.

I have no idea of the genetics.... the mother is a beauty...

Afghani's aren't always Indica. They can resemble a Kush strain many times. On the other hand, some of them are true INdica's. It really depends on what you've got.

Yeah I have a white rhino going now.....14 days old.......she is supposed to be 90/10 indica/sativa......I am looking for a very narcotic even couch lock strain.....

When you are looking for pheno types to keep are you using regular beans......I have read where different phenos come out of regular and feminized beans?:passitleft:

As far as I know true Afgani and Kush strains are both de facto Indicas. Also refer to Sensiseeds Afgani and Hindu Kush descriptions.

Not exactly. There are people talking about adding another species to the Genus Cannabis: right now we have Indica, Sativa and Ruderalis. There are some who wish to add Afghanica to the list.

My Lemon Paki is a great example. It's landrace, but it's no indica. Neither is it a sativa.....it's sort of inbetween.

Doc...this chit chat of you growing a pure landrace, strong Indica....makes me think you should try Sensi's Maple Leaf Indica. It's landrace,pure, strong and a highly covetted strain that is only available as standard seeds(no fems) otherwise i'de have grown it already. To me it's the only true Indica worth doing now. Would LOVE to have some fem beans of her. Watcha think Doc?

how long does it take for you guys to develop a waxy sheen on the leaves?

Mine started really quick - like within the first two weeks after my clones were up-canned from cups to 1 gal DBHBB. They "peaked" after about another two weeks. After that the waxy sheen didn't increase but the brix did/does continue to build.

It's really interesting! Actually I think there are no two identical plants, so all the cannabis plants in the world have a slightly different genetics. Okay, we can set main types like Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, Afghanica or even Pakistani(?).
Your Lemon Paki strain, Paki like Pakistan? Who is the vendor of those seeds? And how can you determine it' no indica, nor sativa. I mean are we really able to look into the genetics and differenciate?
I really hope when a vendor states it's a landrace and/or wasn't ever crossed is true.

Not exactly. There are people talking about adding another species to the Genus Cannabis: right now we have Indica, Sativa and Ruderalis. There are some who wish to add Afghanica to the list.

My Lemon Paki is a great example. It's landrace, but it's no indica. Neither is it a sativa.....it's sort of inbetween.

What's your soil mix. What do I add to get the brix up?
Just kidding; couldn't resist!
Actually, what made me wanna read all of this (gonna start now) is this quote:

"If I could get brix over 23, a naked nymph appears with the blanket."

You achieved this yet Doc? Can your wife see this Nymph? Is the Nymph also over 23?
So many questions; So many things to like about organics!

What's your soil mix. What do I add to get the brix up?
Just kidding; couldn't resist!
Actually, what made me wanna read all of this (gonna start now) is this quote:

"If I could get brix over 23, a naked nymph appears with the blanket."

You achieved this yet Doc? Can your wife see this Nymph? Is the Nymph also over 23?
So many questions; So many things to like about organics!

My last reading was 19. I think I caught a glimpse of her off in the distance!

Back
Top Bottom