Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc-

I'm still working on putting together a bulk order, partly because I'm interested in trying HB for our veggies, as well as MJ.

How much amendment is in "the kit" for first run soil? I've heard 1.25 lb. and 1.5 lb.

Are there crops that seem to work best in HB and any to avoid? I think you mentioned melons not working well with the kit as it's formulated. Root crops? Berries? Summer/winter squashes? Herbs?

For crops that work with the kit, are there are significant changes to how the kit items are used?

Outdoors we grow all the usual stuff: potatoes, onions, squashes, tomatoes, broccoli, eggplant, brussels sprouts, carrots, salad greens, peas, artichokes, tomatillos, corn, most kinds of herbs (sage, parsley, rosemary, basil, bay, oregano, mint, marjoram, chives, cilantro, etc.), and several kinds of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries, blackberries).

If I can expand my indoor grow area, I'd love to have some HB tomatoes next winter.

:thanks:

Hey Major....you grow all that stuff? Wow brotha I'm impressed....how much time to plant and look after all those veggies and things?My dad used to have some wicked gardens when i was growing up ,and i remember he spent alot of his time doing something in his big veggie garden. One time he grew this african corn that was over 8ft. tall. Have a great afternoon....GF's commin over for some steaks on the barby . Cheers Gang.:thumb:

I don't spend as much time at it as I should. My wife does more of it than I do and we only grow a little of each, other than the herbs. We probably have enough fresh and dry to last a lifetime. Some of the berries we cultivate / some are wild or we just let fend for themselves.

Doc input? Yeah not big on led but willing to maybe give platinum a go. So 2 600 over one 1200.

Also here's another question. Later today once I'm done recording I'm gonna up pot a 7 gallon cbd widow into a 45. This plants order was canceled so I pulled her from bloom at week 4 and threw her outside. So she's shocked as hell and trying to revert to veg. Is there anything special besides roots and the transplant drench once I up pot. Also I'm obviously not dunking it so in a 45 you think 10 gallons would suffice for a top fed drench

A slow drip system would be perfect for that 45. You could even rig a gravity version. 10 gallons is about right, with a more thorough soaking every now and then.

Spray De-Stress weekly to help it cope....poor thing.

Doc-

I'm still working on putting together a bulk order, partly because I'm interested in trying HB for our veggies, as well as MJ.

How much amendment is in "the kit" for first run soil? I've heard 1.25 lb. and 1.5 lb.

Are there crops that seem to work best in HB and any to avoid? I think you mentioned melons not working well with the kit as it's formulated. Root crops? Berries? Summer/winter squashes? Herbs?

For crops that work with the kit, are there are significant changes to how the kit items are used?

Outdoors we grow all the usual stuff: potatoes, onions, squashes, tomatoes, broccoli, eggplant, brussels sprouts, carrots, salad greens, peas, artichokes, tomatillos, corn, most kinds of herbs (sage, parsley, rosemary, basil, bay, oregano, mint, marjoram, chives, cilantro, etc.), and several kinds of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries, blackberries).

If I can expand my indoor grow area, I'd love to have some HB tomatoes next winter.

:thanks:

Wow....lotta questions, little time.

1.25 lb
All crops will grow well, you just need a different foliar and drench for certain crops.

You want seed/fruit crops seperate from green leafy/root/melon/squash. With the sole exception of carrots, which belong in the fruiting/seed group (strange, just trust me) the root/leaf crops have a different foliar, while the melon/squash crops have a different drench.

Doc, I'm sure you have mentioned it somewhere, but I had a question about Veg. I remember you saying that you use T5s. I was curious... Are they a specific K light? Have you used any of the High Output bulbs for your plants?

Doc, I'm sure you have mentioned it somewhere, but I had a question about Veg. I remember you saying that you use T5s. I was curious... Are they a specific K light? Have you used any of the High Output bulbs for your plants?

Both have 8 bulbs....I have 100% "grow" spectrum in one, and 5 grow, 3 bloom spectrum in the other. Plants move from the former to the latter as they get larger. I believe it is just a T5, not a VHO T5.

my kit was shipped out friday morning on the opposite side of the country, and it's already here today! can't beat that!

hey, doc, when you blow up and need a bunch of people packing those kits up let me know :D :p

my kit was shipped out friday morning on the opposite side of the country, and it's already here today! can't beat that!

hey, doc, when you blow up and need a bunch of people packing those kits up let me know :D :p

Seriously Doc, this guy can pack kits like a mofo. I've seen it with my mind's eye.

I bet your kits are even easier and end up looking nicer than most!

Seriously Doc, this guy can pack kits like a mofo. I've seen it with my mind's eye.

I bet your kits are even easier and end up looking nicer than most!

I'm almost to the "blow up" point.....with zero advertising. We'll get there, but honestly, I'm still ironing out kinks in the program and trying to improve a couple things first.

It's not enough to grow the best weed.....I want the kit to grow PERFECT weed. While I don't actually think I'll ever arrive at that destination, I do see some improvements and tweaks that need to be made before I take the next step.

All Ya'll have been indispensible beta testers! I'm even more happy that everyone likes the produce.

It's gonna get better. Seriously.

Honestly Doc, I think the best selling point for your kit is how hard it is to mess it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sure, it's nice to design a system that will produce the best of the best, but hey - most people are thrilled with the idea that they can produce their own high quality stuff without fear of failure. Have we ever seen a failure? Have we ever seen below average results? ... heck, have we ever seen "average" results? ................

I don' think so.

THAT's invaluable right there. :slide:

Plus ... it has the tools to produce "the best". :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

The instructions call for 1/2 oz. concentrations for the drenches (up to 1.5 oz.). Somewhere along the line, it appears 1 oz. has become the standard, at least for Transplant. Is "best practice" to increase the concentration of GE to so it is about the same as Transplant?

I really enjoy seeing all the different ways the kit is being manipulated (explored?).

Hey Doc! I have been absent from the forum lately due to school and life but I am back and about to start some new things, and I have a question! No pictures today unfortunately, I forgot my memory card yesterday so couldn't take pictures.

I have 2 clones of Strawberry Diesel in Solo Cups of HB soil. Took them about 7 days to start rooting (in Coco) and another 7 to make it to the bottom of the Coco. Dusted generously with roots before transplant and watered with 1/4 strength Transplant. Gave them a De-Stress spray on the second day in soil. It has been 3 days and they don't look sad but they don't look happy and growth seems slow. Is it usual to see a transition period when transplanting into HB? They are under 18/6 about 25" away from my LED panel.

Hey Doc! I have been absent from the forum lately due to school and life but I am back and about to start some new things, and I have a question! No pictures today unfortunately, I forgot my memory card yesterday so couldn't take pictures.

I have 2 clones of Strawberry Diesel in Solo Cups of HB soil. Took them about 7 days to start rooting (in Coco) and another 7 to make it to the bottom of the Coco. Dusted generously with roots before transplant and watered with 1/4 strength Transplant. Gave them a De-Stress spray on the second day in soil. It has been 3 days and they don't look sad but they don't look happy and growth seems slow. Is it usual to see a transition period when transplanting into HB? They are under 18/6 about 25" away from my LED panel.

I hate coco....I simply hate it.

I'm not surprised you're having trouble going from coco to HB. I think you'll need to be patient and get them into at least a gallon of HB soil.

Honestly Doc, I think the best selling point for your kit is how hard it is to mess it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sure, it's nice to design a system that will produce the best of the best, but hey - most people are thrilled with the idea that they can produce their own high quality stuff without fear of failure. Have we ever seen a failure? Have we ever seen below average results? ... heck, have we ever seen "average" results? ................

I don' think so.

THAT's invaluable right there. :slide:

Plus ... it has the tools to produce "the best". :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Well, I personally like the idea of every household having their own high brix cannabis patch.....and if the produce is better than what Big Ag can deliver all the better.

I hate coco....I simply hate it.

I'm not surprised you're having trouble going from coco to HB. I think you'll need to be patient and get them into at least a gallon of HB soil.

Well that's a shame... I will let them get a root system started then transplant them to the 1 gallons once they start asking for it. Do you think I should be spraying with De-Stress more than 2 times a week?

I have two 1-gallon pots of soil with holes ready to go for seeds. They are currently soaking, will take them out at 5 tonight (24 hours) and pop them into the HB soil. Blueberry and Berry Bomb, should be fun. Excited to see their growth compared to my clones growth.

Back
Top Bottom