Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yup, that soil definitely ran out of steam for some reason. Doc calls it a rescue drench, I call it resetting the soil, same principle tho. Lots of transplant and some recharge is what Id have done :)

Yup, that soil definitely ran out of steam for some reason. Doc calls it a rescue drench, I call it resetting the soil, same principle tho. Lots of transplant and some recharge is what Id have done :)

Thanks scrubby,

That makes sense
:high-five:

Here are some pics of Grape Stomper, Colombian (early bloom) and Lemon Paki.

Picture_014196.jpg
Picture_012218.jpg
Picture_011226.jpg
Picture_010245.jpg
Picture_009253.jpg
Picture_007277.jpg
Picture_006298.jpg
Picture_005317.jpg
Picture_004329.jpg

isn't 7ml to strong?

15ml is for 6 plants so 7 is a triple dose isn't it?

My plan is to use 7 ml per plant, but they are in 25 gal of soil.

My plan is to use 7 ml per plant, but they are in 25 gal of soil.

Major, your big O/S plants will handle that amount ...no problem, no worries. Hell, see what i give my 26 gal pots...4-5 gal's each w/20-25 mls. of Drench each pot! Yours are also outside,too, so it's not all confined to a container ,some will run off, get washed away, etc.
Major , i'de really like to know how far those roots have managed to go outside the pots!! It's the lateral ones i wanna know about, how far away from "home" did the roots go. Have a great night Major and the rest of you.....Gang. :passitleft:

Major, your big O/S plants will handle that amount ...no problem, no worries. Hell, see what i give my 26 gal pots...4-5 gal's each w/20-25 mls. of Drench each pot! Yours are also outside,too, so it's not all confined to a container ,some will run off, get washed away, etc.
Major , i'de really like to know how far those roots have managed to go outside the pots!! It's the lateral ones i wanna know about, how far away from "home" did the roots go. Have a great night Major and the rest of you.....Gang. :passitleft:

I'm very curious about those roots too. I won't know until after the chop. They can't grow laterally, near the surface, more than about 2 feet in some directions. They run into concrete until they get down 2 feet into the soil. In the other directions, they can go as far as they want at any depth.

The Cat is the only drench I'm thinking I'll take it easy with. I give the G.E. and Trans the same as you: 20-25 ml per drench per pot/plant. I'll see how the Cat drench does at 7 ml. I might try three drenches, but it all depends on how things look after #1 and #2.

My next decision is when to start the Cat. Their next drench is planned for Friday, but I think that will be too soon. The following drench will be Tuesday, just over a week away. That will be the middle of their 3rd week of bloom. I'm thinking that's more likely.

Have a great one gang! It's beer and bong time here.

those roots are probably 8 ft round. People have studied it.

those roots are probably 8 ft round. People have studied it.

Ya Doc...I remember you posted some VERY interesting results from outdoor grows in raised beds of different sizes. It was pretty cool to see just how far out the roots will travel! I believe the study was all about yield and bed sizes. The yield increased as the bed size went up.....to a limit of eight feet I believe...they didn't go beyond that distance in those raised beds. Thanks Doc!

Hey Doc,

I've been researching Brix Gardening all week and have been delving into the nitty gritty. I have you to thank for that!

Oh, and this is my first post ever on this forum... I have actually been a "troll" member here and a few other places for years.

Anyway, I was actually curious about a DIY Promix recipe. I understand you have a specific recipe, and was wondering if there was a DIY version all of us ganja lovers could make ourselves?

I am no chemist or even that good with building things, but I sure can follow an instructional manual/video to the tee. It seems like you have this recipe/formula down and have been getting amazing results that can be replicated by others. It would be awesome if you could share this formula so some of us could try to recreate these "concoctions."

Thanks for sharing all this knowledge :thanks:

Hey Doc,

I've been researching Brix Gardening all week and have been delving into the nitty gritty. I have you to thank for that!

Oh, and this is my first post ever on this forum... I have actually been a "troll" member here and a few other places for years.

Anyway, I was actually curious about a DIY Promix recipe. I understand you have a specific recipe, and was wondering if there was a DIY version all of us ganja lovers could make ourselves?

I am no chemist or even that good with building things, but I sure can follow an instructional manual/video to the tee. It seems like you have this recipe/formula down and have been getting amazing results that can be replicated by others. It would be awesome if you could share this formula so some of us could try to recreate these "concoctions."

Thanks for sharing all this knowledge :thanks:

My DIY mixes are all here on the forum with some searching you could find them. I abandoned that once I got the soil professionally tested and amended, something I continue to do as things progress.

The results of my years of research, time and expense are available in my kit and the products I carry. You could get your own soil tested and buy your own materials---and I can get those products for you at the same price you can get them anywhere else or better----and figure it all out on your own, like I did.

Or, you could save the cost of the soil tests and get your gear from me. Oh, and quite a bit of my stuff is uniquely formulated for our crop.

Doc

I am already starting seeds for the next grow and I sprinkled about 1/2 tsp Roots in the middle of the 1gl pot and mixed it in a bit.

I planted 4 seeds just a bit deeper than I normally do. (point end up)

In just less than 48 hrs, The Colombian Gold is up and running and is the healthiest sprout I have ever seen.

The Lost Coast Hashplant totally popped out of the soil so I made a wide hole and buried it all but the starter leaf.

The Jamican Dream is half way up

Only the MK-Ultra is a now show so far, but for only 48 hrs I'm not worried.

Question is did the Roots help speed up the sprouting, or is it once the root pops out it kicks them in gear?

My DIY mixes are all here on the forum with some searching you could find them. I abandoned that once I got the soil professionally tested and amended, something I continue to do as things progress.

The results of my years of research, time and expense are available in my kit and the products I carry. You could get your own soil tested and buy your own materials---and I can get those products for you at the same price you can get them anywhere else or better----and figure it all out on your own, like I did.

Or, you could save the cost of the soil tests and get your gear from me. Oh, and quite a bit of my stuff is uniquely formulated for our crop.

I understand. Thank you for the reply.

I have been reading a few of your journals and others who have used your kit and am impressed. It amazes me the health of the plants and their stature, its like they are posing for the camera lol

Doc

I am already starting seeds for the next grow and I sprinkled about 1/2 tsp Roots in the middle of the 1gl pot and mixed it in a bit.

I planted 4 seeds just a bit deeper than I normally do. (point end up)

In just less than 48 hrs, The Colombian Gold is up and running and is the healthiest sprout I have ever seen.

The Lost Coast Hashplant totally popped out of the soil so I made a wide hole and buried it all but the starter leaf.

The Jamican Dream is half way up

Only the MK-Ultra is a now show so far, but for only 48 hrs I'm not worried.

Question is did the Roots help speed up the sprouting, or is it once the root pops out it kicks them in gear?

Yep. It sounds like the battery is fully charge. Sounds like your soil is doing its thing. Good things lie ahead.

one of my HB plants has 1 branch and one or two leaves have what looks like some type of nute burn with the tips twisting to the left, but still otherwise healthy. The rest of my plants look great.

Have any of you grown delicious seeds cotton candy? it's supposed to be mostly sativa like 80 percent or more I think.. anyways the pheno I have is incredibly stout and indica like.

one of my HB plants has 1 branch and one or two leaves have what looks like some type of nute burn with the tips twisting to the left, but still otherwise healthy. The rest of my plants look great.

Have any of you grown delicious seeds cotton candy? it's supposed to be mostly sativa like 80 percent or more I think.. anyways the pheno I have is incredibly stout and indica like.

One or two leaves not quite perfect and you're slightly concerned.....ANOTHER HIGH BRIX GROWER!!! Welcome.

I've not grown that strain before. Wish I could say more about it, but I've never had it.

Doc I had to make an unorthodox move on one of my HB plants.

My mystery Nirvana sativa clone in this grow is still grew like crazy and barely showing a hair or two and the other plants are budding real nice as you have seen.

I don't have the heart to cull plants, especially a healthy one.
So last week the Nirvana clone was put outdoor at a place I might not be able to give the regular brix feedings.
and rain may be its only water if I don't get to check on her to often. There is no lack of rain this season.

I added about a 1/2 cup of Happy Frog Fruit and Flower 5-8-4 and scratched it in the top.

I made a point to check on her today to make sure she at least survived the transition.
She may be the most vibrant green I have ever seen on a plant.

Time will tell how a Kit raised plant will do with an abrupt difference in feedings.

"It's a science experiment Marty" ala Doc....Brown this is. as in Back to the Future.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom