Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Brixers, I have a question as a non-Brixer...

What's up with the root scoring? Does this make the roots grow more or some other part of Doc's process?

I'm just curious about what the science behind that is and it's a big thread to search through. I'm guessing that it causes new adventitious roots to form after the apical meristem has been severed from the rest of the root growth? I am hoping that means it could be used to prevent/treat root bind.

Anyway just figured I might have better luck asking than trying to scour the thread. Thanks in advance :D

What's up with the root scoring? Does this make the roots grow more or some other part of Doc's process?

I'm just curious about what the science behind that is and it's a big thread to search through. I'm guessing that it causes new adventitious roots to form after the apical meristem has been severed from the rest of the root growth? I am hoping that means it could be used to prevent/treat root bind.

Anyway just figured I might have better luck asking than trying to scour the thread. Thanks in advance :D
Hey Fert! I cant resist - not a long time DBHBB kit grower.. but I been scoring roots for a longs while. It helps them break out into the new soil a lot faster. This is what I was told by a horticulturalist many years ago and I’ve just stuck with it. Was part of what I liked about DOc’s approach when I first found him :)
Others may say more than that... but that wot i know :passitleft:

Sup High Brix Gang,

I'm fresh to the forum and doc bud high brix kit! It feels warm and cozy in here, I know I’m going to enjoy my stay :)

Today I received a mail package and it had my first kit in it! According to tracking numbers, the package was supposed to arrive sometime beginning / middle of next week... just wow! I have to say doc has some fast shipping haha.

I have a question for doc or anyone in the brix gang before i start cookin the soil mix.
- Does cold temp have affect on the kit? I saw the package sitting on my deck and maine winters are cold. I have no idea how long its been there lol. Hope the stuff will still work good

-I found a local EWC company in my state and I would like to give them my business instead of getting unco worm casting that most people uses. The thing is, I do want to follow doc bud high brix kit to a T and not deviate from proven methods of doc’s kit. If I can use local EWC instead of unco, I’d be happy to do that and if you think otherwise, please share the why.

Here’s a picture of their product and a address to their site is below

fixitfarmmaine dot com

Thank you

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 113
Should be fine look at Doc's site , I think he mentions it.

Awesome, thanks man! I did searched through doc web page and couldn't find info about the EWC other than unco brand displayed on doc web page under "about brix" in "soil" section . After reading your post, i decided to search again in case i did miss something. I actually did missed something lol! My bad! I found my answer under the tab called " THE KIT" not under "soil" in "ABOUT BRIX" tab . Midway through the page under "the kit" it listed basic supplies needed, it said ( 20-40 lbs organic worm castings that show NPK of zero K. (ie: 1-1-0 or 1-0-0) ) So I see the local fixit soil has 1-0-0 that means I should be all set to use it instead of unco! Sweet, i'm going to purchase two bags of fixit soil ewc and start cookin today!

Hey Limpy! Welcome to the crew! So glad you found us, the kit and the locally sourced ewcs. I wish I could get those! 30lb bag for $20 is amazing!

Will you be starting a journal? It's a great way for us to follow along and help out as needed. If you do start a journal, drop a link in here and put it in your signature then go visit other brix journals and the crew will come over to yours. Until then, don't hesitate to ask us any questions!

:passitleft:

This was an everyday practice when I worked for both a nursery & an organic farm. Like Amy said, it helps rootbound plants take to new soil.

Hi Dub, welcome to 420 Mag. Great to have you aboard and growing with DBHBB. This neighborhood is loaded with it's very happy users. Please make sure to get around to some of the DBHBB grow journals happening right now, some exciting stuff, as always , with very cool and knowledgeable growers. Not sure about your history with Doc's gear , as u mentioned you used to call GI , GE. I still call it GE. The reason Doc made that , name change was for compliance to federal labeling laws . The formula has /was improved slightly as you also noticed. Doc is very busy right now but will be returning shortly. Cheers Dub, and once again , a very warm welcome to 420 Mag.:420:....:welcome:..

Hey Limpy! Welcome to the crew! So glad you found us, the kit and the locally sourced ewcs. I wish I could get those! 30lb bag for $20 is amazing!

Will you be starting a journal? It's a great way for us to follow along and help out as needed. If you do start a journal, drop a link in here and put it in your signature then go visit other brix journals and the crew will come over to yours. Until then, don't hesitate to ask us any questions!

:passitleft:

Do it Limpy! Starting a journal is an amazing way to learn to grow badass weed--especially with this crew, and in this kit. Cheers, and welcome!

Hi every one,

Thank you and thank you all for your warm welcome. Your friendliness and kindness is heartwarming.

Having a journal is a great idea and I am looking forward to growing under the guidance of this crew. I like what I see when I am reading other people’s journals. There are a lot of successful stories in high brix crew and I can’t wait to see how mine turn out.

Update on my story before I start my first journal. :)

I sent a email to the local EWC company with questions about their product to get more information for our high brix grow. The main thing was potassium and finding out the true NPK rating. As we know in Doc’s kit the EWC needs zero potassium ( 1-1-0 or 1-0-0 ) . The company could not answer any of my questions and they tried to explain their knowledge/practice about plant and minerals which I never asked about. Lol. So I asked for a lab test result which they claimed to have their products tested. I’m still waiting on a reply about that.

I couldn’t wait any longer and I really wanted to start growing. So I bought the same unco ewc as posted on doc site and started mixin!

I used one big 50 gal bin

20190320_102126.jpg

pups chillin and helpin when they feel like it
20190320_105153.jpg

20190320_105559.jpg

Used 4 gal of RO water (0 PPM, 60 TEMP, 6.8 PH)
20190320_114623.jpg

Now I have to wait to plant some seeds on my birthday :)

Great mornin to ya Fingerz, Welcome to 420 mag. , and especially this neighborhood. Glad to hear you have been reading some DBHBB grow journals. Our HB gang is a special group and we all welcome your arrival , welcome aboard sir! Lovin your pups btw...lots of dog lovers around here too. Sumpin about that ,..not sure what , but we all love em.
You have found a very good resource in the gang...please do not hesitate to ask us questions , no matter how trivial.
Growing with Doc's gear is a lot of fun and no guess work or uncertainty to stress you out. have fun, and enjoy .
Cheers to ya Fingerz!:welcome:...:high-five:.

@limpfingerz207 that reminds me I used the same size bin. Works a treat!
I used a cheap tarp from Harbor Fart for the process as that’s a lot easier than churning that mix around in a tote in my experience. Also you can throw some in and water, throw more in and water, etc.
I hope you start journal up and feel free to join me as I complete my first Doc Buds grow and start to harvest in the next couple weeks.

I found more support in the brixxers than I could’ve imagined during my grow. I had a few learning moments along the way but they never stopped encouraging me :high-five:

peanut gallery back here
:ciao::high-five::tommy: Welcome @limpfingerz207 to one of the best growing zones on the web :welcome: This High Brix gang will treat you right!

cheap tarp from Harbor Fart
:laughtwo:

Man I’m envious of you American continent folk with that wiggle worm! I spoke to 5 or 6 different suppliers of worm castings here, locally and all over the country, and no one could tell me the NPK. Responded like i was outta my mind to ask! o_O Most just kept trying to resssure me, even tho I said i was after 1:blushsmile:0 or 1:0:0, that their castings had heaps of everything my plants could need - without figuring that was the wrong answer! :hmmmm::laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom