Emmie's Organic Deep Cheese, August 2020

Cheese strains are so freaking good. Does the tomatoes cages work well for you to keep everything in place and maybe even give stability while buds develop? I've never used the cage but it has crossed my mind before.
I love the tomato cages and after the first time I used them I realized that they were a superior way of holding up these particular plants. Our plants, being oftentimes topheavy with buds, use the concentric rings to lean on while the cage doesn't let them get too wide. Not only do I get vertical stability, but it helps greatly to manage a normally bushy and wide plant into being a good neighbor, and as a result I can get more plants into the area. I used to have to use garden tape to tie branches to support stakes, but the cages don't require affixing the branches to anything at any level in order to get stability... the plants just hang in the cage like it was meant for them, gaining stability at each ring as they push fan leaves out of openings above and below the wires. Try it and you will see what I mean... I believe that the cages were misnamed. They are actually cannabis cages that commoners use to grow tomatoes with.

I love the tomato cages and after the first time I used them I realized that they were a superior way of holding up these particular plants. Our plants, being oftentimes topheavy with buds, use the concentric rings to lean on while the cage doesn't let them get too wide. Not only do I get vertical stability, but it helps greatly to manage a normally bushy and wide plant into being a good neighbor, and as a result I can get more plants into the area. I used to have to use garden tape to tie branches to support stakes, but the cages don't require affixing the branches to anything at any level in order to get stability... the plants just hang in the cage like it was meant for them, gaining stability at each ring as they push fan leaves out of openings above and below the wires. Try it and you will see what I mean... I believe that the cages were misnamed. They are actually cannabis cages that commoners use to grow tomatoes with.

Will do soon as my next grow gets underway.

5 new Deep Cheese have joined the party! They just came out of the bubble cloner and have been put into Happy Frog. They are in the Red solo cups.

DSCF8480.JPG

Bloom, Day 11

Cheese is loving the bloom phase of her life. She has hit it hard, already developing large thick buds. She is loving life, and is reaching up to the MEGA as if it were the sun itself... she is doing very very well and has many leaves way bigger than my hands.

The @GeoFlora Nutrients are doing a great job, and no nutritional problems at all can be seen. The well water also seems to be doing a great job for these girls, and the large reflective room isn't hurting anything either. This plant is going to produces a lot of first run cheese, and then we have another wave of 4 more coming in toward the end of this bloom. Life is good at a large cheese party!

DSCF8488.JPG

Bloom, Day 15

Cheesy is looking great! The big puffball buds are building strongly and she is loving what we are doing for her. She got fed her second dose of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM today, and it should be just what she need to get things going. I also did final cleanup of her underside today, just for increased airflow. I shouldn't have waited this long, but some people do their cleanup right at the end of stretch, so I am going to do it here too and see what happens.

Cheese on my friends... cheese on.

DSCF8514.JPG

Bloom, Day 24

Cheese is really packing on the pistils now, making huge puffballs and already the most impressive buds in the room. There are already little bits of trichomes beginning to form. Her color is excellent and no deficiencies at all can be seen. What can be noted is the typical organic grow tip burns, showing us that she has everything she wants, plus a little bit more... exactly where I like to run my plants.

DSCF8555.JPG
DSCF8554.JPG
DSCF8553.JPG

In this picture, take a look at the color of the plants in the room. The plants getting Geoflora VEG are definitely a lighter green than the blooming plants. They don't seem unhealthy at all, just a lighter green. I will be watching for how this color might change when these last 7 plants start getting the bloom formula in about a week. Stay tuned on that one.

DSCF8556.JPG

Bloom, Day 28

Cheese continues to be impressive, with big puffy buds everywhere. This is sure to be one of my favorites when they all get finished, and I can already picture the hard chunky buds this one is going to produce. She got watered with the rest of the room today, with a good 4 day cycle till the first signs of droop can be seen. I am not pushing water as hard as I usually do, one because I want to try out using the mini stressor of letting them go dry between waterings all through bloom, and two, getting water up to the upstairs grow room can be a pain. This morning, the room in total took 15 gallons of well water. The strategy seems to be working... just look at those trichomes piling on already! I would have to say that a good amount of the credit goes to the well water and @GeoFlora Nutrients for this impressive growth, because all of these plants appear to be perfectly healthy, a great shade of green, lots of trichomes and absolutely no deficiencies to be seen.

DSCF8562.JPG

Bloom, Day 41

Deep Cheese is really piling on the weight now as we near the 6 week mark. These yummy looking buds are not going to disappoint! The Nextlight Mega and the @GeoFlora Nutrients are coming together to really produce a superior looking plant, and I couldn't be more pleased with what we see here today.

DSCF8641.JPG
DSCF8640.JPG
DSCF8639.JPG

After looking at those pictures from yesterday, I figured I better get up here with a loupe. It turns out, that this girl is already finishing out! She is 48 days in bloom according to my calculations, and 55 days from the flip. They call her a 60 day wonder, and I think I am seeing why. I am thinking seriously of chopping off the main kola today and letting the rest go for another week or so. Microscope pictures are coming soon...

That's a pretty serious fat bud.

You using convection oven to bake the moisture out.... Can we use a regular oven?

Does this make the cannabis taste like blah, or super grassy? Intrested in this form of super speedy smokable test buds... I'm used to just letting the tester bud dry out over a few days before rollin it.

That's a pretty serious fat bud.

You using convection oven to bake the moisture out.... Can we use a regular oven?

Does this make the cannabis taste like blah, or super grassy? Intrested in this form of super speedy smokable test buds... I'm used to just letting the tester bud dry out over a few days before rollin it.
There really isnt a good way to quick dry and get quality smoke out of it... but I find that 15 or 20 minutes in an oven at around 300° will convert enough of the product to a smokeable point. It still tastes green and nothing like what the cured product will taste like, and most of the time you cant even tell what flavor it is going to be. What it does do is give you a quick indication if it is going to be any good, knowing that the quality is going to get much better with the cure. It is also a cool way to call the crew in and let them get an experience that most will never see... fresh off the vine test buds. It is a sort of an event around here, and people are gathering as I type.

Back
Top Bottom