Emmie's Organic Deep Cheese, August 2020

Transition, Day 1
Here come some more Deep Cheese and Gummy Bears!

DSCF8797.JPG

Em, you should really make some gummy bear edibles from some of your gummy bear strain, it just feels like it belongs lol
probably not with this first plant, but in another 70 days or so I should have quite a bit to work with. These buds are thick and heavy and solid... I am thinking that they would produce a LOT of edibles. There is already an order in for some gummies of any kind asap... apparently, according to my father, edibles, especially gummies, are the new best way to socialize amongst the elderly ladies.

I haven't done a Deep Cheese update in a while... There are 4 more DC's in here in the back rows, right now sitting at day 26 of bloom. This time they are right under the big NextLight MEGA and the temperature is good in the room and they are well trained, so this round, in about 34 days, we are expecting to have a LOT of well hardened cheese appearing in our harvest room.

The cheese are the 3 plants in the second row from the back, and the back left one.

20201217_074309.jpg

Bloom, Day 30
I ran out of Bloom and had to wait to get some more shipped in, so these all got fed about a week late. You would expect much more of a disaster since I am using tap water and all... but they did pretty well while
DSCF8901.JPG
DSCF8900.JPG
waiting for the UPS lady until today. Today they got a good watering and the proper feeding they needed. They will be as right as rain in another day or so.

Bloom, Day 43 of 60

Deep is looking very good as we come into the last 17 days of the grow. There are 3 dense little plants here all in similar shape. The first round got smoked up before it had a chance to cure since it was the only pot in the house for a while, so we are really looking forward to having 10 or so ounces of this to play with.

Having now worked out the temperature issues in the bloom room, everything else seems to be coming into line. I am learning the importance of bringing in the geoflora EVERY TWO WEEKS, not just when they need watering or when I am willing to water them if I am intentionally letting them dry out. I think this neglecting of the microbes, especially when using tap water, is why I am showing a bit of a macronutrient K deficiency because it is important to keep those microbes coming in on a regular basis to offset the chlorine in my tap water. From now on, even if it is a light top watering just to soak in the Geoflora, it will happen EVERY TWO WEEKS. As simple as it is, there is still some learning, mainly training myself, in how to best use the @GeoFlora Nutrients in my environment.

All the plants are also exhibiting a little bit of tip burn, which is perfectly normal in a strong organic grow and nothing to worry about. A tip burn when not using traditional nutrients is a clear sign that everything these plants need is in there, and then some. Does this mean that I should give less Geoflora? Absolutely not. Every organic grow I have done has experienced this same tip burn. It is my belief, and that of my Ag Professor friend at the local University, that the same internal process that sends exudates down to the microbes saying stop, Stop!!, give me this instead... is also what causes the tips to burn. I have no proof of this, but it is a theory.

The trichomes look amazing even here in the 5th week of bloom. Zoom in on one of those closeups to see what I mean.

DSCF8953.JPG
DSCF8952.JPG
DSCF8951.JPG
DSCF8950.JPG
DSCF8949.JPG

Bloom, Day 43 of 60

Deep is looking very good as we come into the last 17 days of the grow. There are 3 dense little plants here all in similar shape. The first round got smoked up before it had a chance to cure since it was the only pot in the house for a while, so we are really looking forward to having 10 or so ounces of this to play with.

Having now worked out the temperature issues in the bloom room, everything else seems to be coming into line. I am learning the importance of bringing in the geoflora EVERY TWO WEEKS, not just when they need watering or when I am willing to water them if I am intentionally letting them dry out. I think this neglecting of the microbes, especially when using tap water, is why I am showing a bit of a macronutrient K deficiency because it is important to keep those microbes coming in on a regular basis to offset the chlorine in my tap water. From now on, even if it is a light top watering just to soak in the Geoflora, it will happen EVERY TWO WEEKS. As simple as it is, there is still some learning, mainly training myself, in how to best use the @GeoFlora Nutrients in my environment.

All the plants are also exhibiting a little bit of tip burn, which is perfectly normal in a strong organic grow and nothing to worry about. A tip burn when not using traditional nutrients is a clear sign that everything these plants need is in there, and then some. Does this mean that I should give less Geoflora? Absolutely not. Every organic grow I have done has experienced this same tip burn. It is my belief, and that of my Ag Professor friend at the local University, that the same internal process that sends exudates down to the microbes saying stop, Stop!!, give me this instead... is also what causes the tips to burn. I have no proof of this, but it is a theory.

The trichomes look amazing even here in the 5th week of bloom. Zoom in on one of those closeups to see what I mean.

DSCF8953.JPG
DSCF8952.JPG
DSCF8951.JPG
DSCF8950.JPG
DSCF8949.JPG
Hi Emilya, your plants look super good,I like your theory on the tips sounds logical. I am looking forward to using the Geoflora this next grow!

I love cheese strains. Cheese always goes by fast with me. One of my next grows will Include cheese strains. I definitely would love to cross a Blueberry Yum Yum with a Deep Cheese, or even a UK Cheese! That would taste AMAZING! Good luck on your grow, I’m In. Definitely want to see this harvest!
Yummy blue cheese

looks grand for no amber.

how many journals are you juggling ? every time i check there's something i didn't see or can't keep up with.

something tells me your dog probably has active fb / twitter / instagram / youtube accounts rolling as well ...
and with a dedicated following .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

looks grand for no amber.

how many journals are you juggling ? every time i check there's something i didn't see or can't keep up with.

something tells me your dog probably has active fb / twitter / instagram / youtube accounts rolling as well ...
and with a dedicated following .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Only 10 right now... but i plan to pare that down a bit after these clones finish out

No, they wouldn't let the dog have an account because he didn't have a verifiable cell phone number and he was too young. I tried to use dog years, but he still wasn't old enough. I tried to use the mac address of his wi-fi collar as his phone number, and that didn't work either.

Back
Top Bottom