First LED Grow Ever

re: First LED Grow Ever

Hi Robert.

Because you have 4 Blue Dream plants in the closet, you'll definitely want to flower early.Four plants will really fill that closet. The most I've ever done was the 3 Master Kush and the closet was packed.

Ok so maybe i should flip tonight lol - They just keep growing and growing while vegging - cant imagine how fast they will grow once flipped to 12/12. Thanks stealth! i didn't want a weak yield, but i don't want sub par quality either from packing it too tight. I will take your advice :) I topped the tallest plant last night and with the last two days growth it is still at 12 inches tall.
i guess tomorrow will be day 1 of flower. I am so excited lol. Again thank you for taking your time!

Ok so maybe i should flip tonight lol - They just keep growing and growing while vegging - cant imagine how fast they will grow once flipped to 12/12. Thanks stealth! i didn't want a weak yield, but i don't want sub par quality either from packing it too tight. I will take your advice :) I topped the tallest plant last night and with the last two days growth it is still at 12 inches tall.
i guess tomorrow will be day 1 of flower. I am so excited lol. Again thank you for taking your time!

No worries man.;)
I think it night be good to keep them a little smaller for a first grow. The whole first grow will give you a really good idea of what to expect next round, and don't forget to take a bunch of clones before you flip.
I'm still trying to work out my grow cycles to try and get a harvest every month to 6 weeks but its been hard. This most recent grow I'm doing now is still vegging but I'm going to stagger the flip to setup the cycles properly. I'm also setting up a new veg area outside the closets so I'll have plants in various stages of veg and will be ready to get new plants flipped faster. I'm gonna have to start a new journal soon.;)

No worries man.;)
I think it night be good to keep them a little smaller for a first grow. The whole first grow will give you a really good idea of what to expect next round, and don't forget to take a bunch of clones before you flip.
I'm still trying to work out my grow cycles to try and get a harvest every month to 6 weeks but its been hard. This most recent grow I'm doing now is still vegging but I'm going to stagger the flip to setup the cycles properly. I'm also setting up a new veg area outside the closets so I'll have plants in various stages of veg and will be ready to get new plants flipped faster. I'm gonna have to start a new journal soon.;)

Yea I am gonna grab another 3 clones tonight. I was kinda thinking the same thing about an "out of closet vegging" area. seems like it will be hard to get a harvest every month without it. Atleast not without losing the mini flowering area above the cloning chamber. I was also debating on doing a SOG next to cut out the vegging all together and just add 2 more plants - or something like that. have not actually measured the space to see what fits on paper. What are your thoughts on SCROG vs SOG in the super closet? Maybe SOG is more strain dependent than size dependent? I was waiting to see how this SCROG turned out first. I feel like the Blackwater would be better on a SOG cuz it does not branch hardly at all.

thanks so much spimp for supporting my log, please feel free to give a noob some advice lol.... I am all ears for my first endeavor.

I've never run SOG in the closets before, but have been tempted to try a round of 6 auto's to see how they would turn out. Would make for a faster harvest. I'm not in any rush, but would be a good experiment.;)

Subbed .... look forward to seeing your progress I am looking at at building a setup like that.

thanks so much spimp for supporting my log, please feel free to give a noob some advice lol.... I am all ears for my first endeavor.

Im just a ghetto-micro guy at the moment. Stealthgrow and others will be able to help you alot morethan me. I'm just here for a joke or two and to learn my friend.
Hydro is over my head. :)
:goodluck:

stealth - hmmmmm someone should try SOG in here then lol. very curios about yield in the supercloset with that method.

2bl - thanks so much, first set up ever. Lets hope it finishes as strong as its starting ( or a strong as it appears lol ) Let me know if you have questions about my set up. Ill help in any way that I can. :tokin:

84 - How do your plants do with those temps? Mine just absolutely hated me with those temps, yet many people grow quit successfully in the 80-90 degree range. My high of the day with 95 degree weather is usually 82 maybe 85. really wish I had my c02 tank

spimp - Hey, nug of the month and member of the month, not too shabby lol - micro or not seems like you have done your research :) I enjoy your grow log. As always thanks!!

ok well I have cut 5 clones from the blue dream - after 15 hours they are looking great. The humidity dome really does wonders for rootless clones. could not be happier (so far). I have flipped the large cabinet. Today will be day 1 of flower Whoooooo Hoooooooo :party::party::party::party:

Blackwater is still trying to make a come back - I had to baffle the ducting to the A/C cuz it was cooling one cabinet faster than the other. Of course the blackwater is always the cabinet with issues. Murphy law lol - just cant win with this side lol - but I keep nurturing her and singing nightly love songs to her lol..... seriously I am trying anything hahaha.

Blue dream: DAY 1 OF FLOWER
AIR TEMP: 78
WATER TEMP: 72
PH: 5.9
PPM: 1050

Blackwater OG: DAY 20 OF VEG
AIR TEMP: 81
WATER TEMP: 71
PH: 5.7
PPM: 1050

IMG_009933.JPG

IMG_010127.JPG
IMG_010231.JPG
IMG_010429.JPG
IMG_010532.JPG
IMG_010231.JPG
IMG_010734.JPG
IMG_009327.JPG
IMG_011133.JPG
IMG_011428.JPG

Well that's the updated for today - will try and do these weekly at the lastest - as always thanks for checking out the grow!! Happy Growing :thanks:

Looking great Robert. Your clones look good too.
Your PPM's are pretty high but the plants look fine.
Good luck with the flower phase.;)

Thanks stealth! the direction for the expert series nutes with GH show 1000-1300 ppm for this time frame. i noticed most people were 800-1000 but i wasnt sure if the nute line using made difference. Although everywhere people say not to use the indicated amount........ seem healthy so well see - not sure if thats what is affecting my blackwater though or slightly higher heat in that cabinet ( as it appears there is still minor heat stress) ? Only time will tell i guess

I have decided to get a grow room controller as i am adding my c02 soon and do not want to waste anything. I am looking at the iponic 600 - any one use this much? does anyone have a grow room controller on their supercloset?

I know technically the trinity would be considered "2 rooms" but i figured i could put a tee in the co2 line and fill both cabinets simultaneously. obviously only one cabinet would have the external monitor. or maybe just get the iponic 624. i would just like to save that extra 500 if i can? any thoughts on this idea would be great as i plan making this purchase this week.

or the growtronix software - seems like more flexibility - better for two closets?

Well I have decided to make a few upgrades - I will be adding c02 and the single hose ac unit I have installed currently is just not cutting it like I want. It runs all day and really does not create the sealed environment that I will be needing for c02. I have decided to get a 12000 btu mini split A/C so I can completely seal the whole box. Here is the unit I will be installing this week or next...
IMG_014432.JPG
I will post updates on this as I go in case anyone here would benefit :)

I have also ordered the growtronix computer which will be here Saturday. I ordered the c02 base unit plus an extra temp sensor and two reservoir temp sensors and two extra controllable outlets. This way I can sync the mini split A/C, Fan units and lights all together and in sync :)
growtronix.jpg

Big projects coming up! I will keep everyone updated oh by the way here is a pic od the blue dream @ 2 days flower :)
IMG_012537.JPG
IMG_012632.JPG
IMG_012733.JPG

Yes just hoping i dont overwhelm my self - whats another week of 4 hour a night sleep lol - brings me to my next question - how many of you just cant stop staring at your grow lol....... does this ever wear off?? lol

Yes just hoping i dont overwhelm my self - whats another week of 4 hour a night sleep lol - brings me to my next question - how many of you just cant stop staring at your grow lol....... does this ever wear off?? lol

Hahaha.:)
Yeah, I like watching the plants also. After a reservoir change I'll just sit and smoke a big joint and look at the plants. I don't grow in my own house though (kids) so my time is limited, which I think is kinda good, otherwise I would never leave the grow alone.;)

Back
Top Bottom