First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Organic

Re: First time indoor grow, closet , CFL, Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized aiming for org

also temps running between 78-80 degrees during the day hoping that is satisfactory. thats also without the fan running.

Re: First time indoor grow, closet , CFL, Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized aiming for org

this is my first grow as well, this community is very helpful. The info is plentiful and if your questions aren't answered it usually means the answers are elsewhere available on this site. I also recommend the book growing great marijuana by Logan Edwards.

I'm subbed... I have a lemon kush and the freebie mazar x white rhino (from Herbies) sprouted right now... cool to see someone else popping it at the same time.

I haven't seen anyone mention it as of yet, but with CFLs, most of the light comes off sideways... if you can adjust your bulbs to a horizontal, more light should get to the plants... just a thought, but I noticed a good difference with CFL when the bulbs are at 45* - 90* from the plant canopy.

I'll definitely be watching those plants ... good luck :Namaste:

If you look at the first pictures I had them mounted that way after adding the large 6500k cfl I wasn't able to hang them and be stable and easy to adjust. Working on actually making a mount from scratch as we speak. Thanks for the sub! Hope to see yours!

4/4 sprouted, very happy to start with at least 100% germination. May be high but seriously feel like you can watch them grow.

So with the lights and fan on the soil seems to dry out really fast as well as the jiffy pot. I have been misting the pots and soil with the spray bottle until they sprouted now I don't want to burn them with water droplets .....should I put the jiffy pots inside something? Seems like they suck moisture Fromm the soil.

i would just water your seedlings as required to keep the soil moist. i do not use the peat moss pots, i use small plastic 6 inch pots for seedlings and small plants.

1375633382899.jpg
1375633322360.jpg
1375633426747.jpg
1375633402694.jpg
1375633462318.jpg
Seedlings all started really stretching overnight moved the lights closer....

OK so had some bag seeds fall into my lap decided to soak them and plant em just to see how they take. These pictures are day 5 from planting. Stems seemed to have stopped stretching and the first leave sets are opening.
IMG_20130805_125045.jpg
IMG_20130805_125036.jpg
IMG_20130805_125010.jpg

so the little guys are growing slow and steady, figured I would take some pictures. The leaves feel flexible and dont seem to be drooping or anything I have heard that you can put these CFL's very close to the plant and I dont feel any heat from the bulb on the seedlings but I just want to make sure this isnt TOO close.

6 days after planting:

IMG_20130807_130549.jpg
IMG_20130807_130602.jpg

I apologize if you already mentioned this, but did you ever decide on your ventilation?

You may want to consider getting a small fan for the area - it doesn't even have to be oscillating as direct wind will still hurt the plant. If you get a little bit of wind flow around the seedlings it will encourage a stronger stem as well as circulate the CO2 in the space.

came home from work today and discovered three things, 1, mold that's white on the soil of some of the bag seed pots. 2, little flying bugs that land on my plants and dive into the soil when startled . 3, brown spots on my seedlings leaf. Not sure what to do about any of these.... have read stuff about mold but mostly pertains to mold ON the plant..... here's photos.
White soil mold
IMG_20130808_235052.jpg
IMG_20130808_234944.jpg

Burned seedling
IMG_20130808_235000.jpg

In somewhat better new 3/5 bag seed plants have sprouted
And the other seedlings look OK? Have a fan going gently on 24/7 about 2ft from plants keeps them wiggling slightly and cool.
IMG_20130808_235029.jpg
IMG_20130808_235136.jpg

are you using a Mycorrhizae product? i would water the mouldy soil liberally with 5 millilitres per gallon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. i use diatomaceous earth as a barrier on top of the soil for soil insects, it cuts them as they move through it. i bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. yellow sticky cards and mosquito dunks can also be used for fungus gnats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

shopping.jpg

Not using any mycorrhizae products that I know of but fox farms ocean forest is supposed to have beneficial bacteria and fungi in it as far as I know? I'm going to pickup some diatomacious earth and a pH testing kit today or tomorrow. The seedling with the yellow is looking rough and some of the others look droopy. Over watering? Under watering?
1376083529976.jpg
1376083550665.jpg

picked up some diatomacious earth and my ph meter. ph is reading 6.8 I realize that is too high going to figure out something to adjust it.

never let the tip of your pH meter dry out always store it with either electrode storage solution or pH 7 calibration solution in the cap. re calibrate your pH meter every 2 weeks to keep it accurate. if you do not currently have any pH down then you could use either vinegar or lemon juice to lower the pH of your water.

Back
Top Bottom