White Widow & Blue Cheese First Time CFL Closet Grow

Anyone have advice or pictures of 2+ wire LSTing?

Subbed. A long time ago I thought of an LST method that I have used ever since. Get a card of ladies Bobby pins and a small bag of rubber bands. Cut the pins in half with wire cutters, using needle nose pliers bend one end into a small circle and slip onto a rubber band, bend the other end into a hook. Put two onto each rubber band. Now you have an easy to use LST that will last a long time. They can easily be hooked over pot rims or onto clamps. The elasticity allows bumps and scrapes without damage to your babies. you could use different sized bands, depending on the length of stretch needed. I just finished a Jack Herer, which is a very bushy plant. I couldn't bear to fim it, so I LSTed the top back to the mainstem. I ended up with an 18 inch foxtail on a 31/2 ft. plant. I also trained all of the lower branches into a circular pattern resulting in a very ornamental potted plant on my back steps.

Yea that bobby pin idea sounds good because the bad thing with Wire LSTing is that if I am not careful and twist it too much around a stem or branch, starts to choke it and u can see the dark outline after you remove it.

Im just a first time grower so Im still really new to this and learning what I should do on my next grow to maximize the LST effect.

With the rubber band & hooks you will see growth under the hook that is crimped slightly but things will be back to normal within a few days. I don't know how long other growers leave their LST on, but I rarely go more than 4 days

I forgot to mention that you can also get large sized Bobby pins if you need larger/looser fitting hooks., like for the main stem or larger branches.

Yea I usually take the LST wires off before every watering which is starting to get a pain in the ass because I use about 10-12 wires per plant to tie them down.

Ive decided, they got to the shape that I like and Im going to stop LSTing from now on. They are starting to get really wide and with 3 plants in there, im worrying about the spacing.

Day 10 Flowering

Yesterday, I gave the girls 3 gallons of water between them all with 2/3 of a tablespoon of Cal-Mag. They looked like they were having some deficiencies. Today they looked really good as I still LST train them. Thinking about stopping after my next watering.

To combat the low Soil PH runoff problem (tested it and it is at 5.0), I was able to mix about a gallon of the remaining water with 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime. Surprisingly, it dissolved pretty well. Hopefully it does its job soon.

On average, the diameter of each plant is approx. 21"-22". And a height of like 10". They look like those trees on the savannah in Africaa!

IMG_007730.JPG
IMG_008034.JPG
IMG_008335.JPG
IMG_008235.JPG
IMG_008137.JPG

+ reps on the awesome setup and beautiful turn around my friend. I'm as green as your plants with envy!

Thanks Shrub, yea Im surprised at the turn around myself. Just so goddam green now and no more burned leaves.

Day 11 Flowering

IMG_009632.JPG
IMG_009523.JPG

Looking Sexy. The are lots of growth underneath the Tops. Looks like pistils every several inches on all of them :thumb:

IMG_009425.JPG
IMG_009319.JPG
IMG_009231.JPG
IMG_009128.JPG
IMG_009025.JPG
IMG_008928.JPG

Day 13 Flowering

Plants are really transforming and I can see the buds coming out. The small lower inner growth in the is still yellowing, and I tested the ph soil runoff this week and it is still 5.0. Dolomite is slow as molasses in working.

Im gonna flush in about 2 days.

But the middle and tops do look very good.

I nute watered it yesterday(75% strength in 3 gallons of water):

Big Bloom - 6.75 tblsp
Tiger Bloom - 4.5 tsp
Open Sesame - 9 pinches
Cal Mag - 2 tsps
Molasses - 2.25 tblsp

They really got taller and bigger after its nights rest. :yummy:

I finally figured which ones were the White Widows and Blue Cheese!

IMG_011325.JPG
IMG_010728.JPG
IMG_010826.JPG
IMG_010929.JPG
IMG_011129.JPG
IMG_011029.JPG
IMG_011628.JPG
IMG_011831.JPG
IMG_011935.JPG

Day 15 Flowering

So 24 hours after water been sitting around. I dumped 10 gallons each into each of the 3 pots. Runoff was collected at two intervals. First runoff came out to like 5.5 PH. Second runoff came out to 6.0 PH.

Since I had no more water to flush with, I was contemplating if I should or should not flush more. After reading online about the chlorine in tap water, I decided that I needed to do it right and one shot it. So I let 15 gallons of water sit for an hour and then I flushed them all.

:Namaste:

Finally, I took the runoff reading and this is the first time ive seen 6.5 PH runoff!!!!

I saved a couple of runoff samples for me to test when I get a digital PH meter in a couple of days. Make sure that shit is accurate compared with the Vial PH testing.

Ill let you guys know how things turn out later on today.

I've tested my meter against the vial, and it's pretty damn accurate. Plants are looking nice sir, good job!

Yea Im using that General HydroPonics vial tester. GH really needs to check out their label printer, because the 6.5 PH looks like a dirty brown instead of something between yellow and green.

prodimg_phbuffers_phtesting_01.png

Thanks man, Im hoping they keep looking good!

Day 19 Flowering

Hey John, yea I finally figured out which ones were the White Widow and Blue Cheese. Blue Cheese is prolly the healthiest one of them all being the indica dominant.

IMG_013621.JPG

So there's been quite a lot that has happened since the last update about 4 days ago. The plants seem to be coping well after the flushing to being the soil ph runoff back to 6.5, which I was really happy.

The White Widow Not Sexy plant I believe has broad mites. Thats why the leaves are half curling like that and it has spread from top to bottom. I have a 100x microscope and have been trying to find any signs of broad mites or eggs, but have not found any at all. I was not about to go out and spend $100-$200 on Forbid or similar pesticides for broad mites. So I got some Neem oil and some Dish soap and mixed it with water and sprayed just that one plant covering every single inch with the spray.

The next few days, I believe it seems to stop spreading. The weird thing is my other two plants have no sign of broad mites and have been doing fine.

IMG_013929.JPG

Now growth has seem really slow lately, maybe because of the flush and me waiting 4 full days to let the soil dry and then to Nute feed it which I did today. Or maybe because of the high temps (84-81F/ 25-35% RH).

Nute Watering FF Week 7 Schedule (75% strength in 3 gallons of water):

Big Bloom - 6.75 tsp
Grow Big - 3 tsp
Tiger Bloom - 4.5 tsp
Beastie Bloomz - 9 pinches
Cal Mag - 2 tsp
Molasses - 2.25 tbls

Now today I kinda fucked up my watering. I was kinda in a rush and forgot to PH the water after adding nutes. It was 4.0 after nutes mixed in!

So I usually do a initial light soak of the dry soil wait an hour or so and then do the full watering. I fucking watered all three plants with 1/4 of a gallon of that 4.0 PH water! Then I waited an hour and proceeded to water 2/5 of a gallon of 4.0 PH water to the White Widow Not Sexy plant. Then I realized I didnt fuckin PH the water and corrected the nute water to 6.5. Confirming with my new PH digital meter and the Vial PH Meter. Then watered the rest of the plants.

Im not sure how the 4.0 PH water is going to affect my plants, I will have to see tomorrow.

IMG_013827.JPG
IMG_013726.JPG

Day 20 Flowering

The soil is getting try quicker now, its been 2 days since I watered and the top few inches are dry already. So I gave her just Ph water this time! Also whenever I brush up against the pistils, I get the dank resin smell on my fingers, O i love it so much :love:

Here are some bud shots :rollit:

IMG_014225.JPG
IMG_014327.JPG

Blue Cheese

IMG_014430.JPG

This is pretty weird, it has two tops connected to each other. I realized that it was in fact two branches that couldnt grow apart, so it just formed one single branch. But you can see the outline of the two branches within that single branch.

IMG_014839.JPG

White Widow

IMG_014634.JPG
IMG_014731.JPG
IMG_014526.JPG

This is pretty weird, it has two tops connected to each other. I realized that it was in fact two branches that couldnt grow apart, so it just formed one single branch. But you can see the outline of the two branches within that single branch.

IMG_014839.JPG

A mutant bud, hehe.

I didn't read your entire journal, just the beginning and this page, so this has probably been discussed but why did you start flowering early? Seems like they still had plenty of space in that room.

looks like i showed up late in the game, but your journal has provided me with some solid insight. sub'd for sure. i brew beer as well and for some reason the thought never crossed my mind to just carbonate water in a carboy for my ladies (probably due to the medication). thanks for the eye opener haha but dude your blue cheese looks amazing!:goodjob: im in the middle of my first grow as well and i have 3 blue cheese clones that i can only hope end up lookin as fine as those mamas. im looking forward to seeing how it all turns out for you!

Back
Top Bottom