White Widow & Blue Cheese First Time CFL Closet Grow

Pistils Watch

So two of the healthier plants have shown something that looks like pistils!

IMG_000174.JPG
IMG_016027.JPG

Also, found these elevating crates from a doggy poop tray. Thought it would help aerate the bottom of the smart pots.

IMG_016621.JPG

Hey buddy,
Looking good my friend, FIM to the max!! Hoping they bulk up with bulk buds for ya:- And yeah - Those appear to be the SEX- PISTILS ;) A single calyx at the joint of stem/branch with 2 white pistils coming from them.. ITS A GIRL!!!!
My Teresa showed no calyxes just white hairs at first but now in flower she got massive Sex pistils, largest ones Ive noticed on my gals so far.
Goodluck mate will chat soon.. Smokemup

Thanks King, looks like its potassium deficiency as always. I'm aiming to move ahead into Flowering stage like next week when I get my hood. You have followed my journal from day one, and with all the shit Ive been going through with the plants, would it be advisable to flush before going into flowering mode?

you can flush your plants with at least twice as much volume of pH adjusted water as your pot size before flowering if you wish, it should ensure that fertilizer salts are at a minimum in the medium.

you can flush your plants with at least twice as much volume of pH adjusted water as your pot size before flowering if you wish, it should ensure that fertilizer salts are at a minimum in the medium.

I think I will do that. But dam I got 3 x 5 gallon pots. That means Ill need at least 30 gallons of water. Dam thats alot for me.

Day 46

So plants are still not looking too good. After a good 4 full days of no watering, soiled looked dry and did the finger poke down into the soil and it was dry.

This time instead of 1 gallon of full strength Big Bloom and Grow Big, I used 2 gallons of 1/2 strength Big Bloom and Grow Big following the Week 4 Fox Farms schedule.

Monitoring the changes after a few hours, the leaves were definitely greener and the browning edges sorta stopped.

Plant 1

IMG_001248.JPG
IMG_001346.JPG
IMG_001446.JPG

Plant 2

IMG_000958.JPG
IMG_001055.JPG
IMG_001152.JPG

Plant 3

IMG_000670.JPG
IMG_000768.JPG
IMG_000863.JPG

I'm preparing to flush tomorrow, most likely. But I'll see how do look and see if there's any significant growth.
I've been looking at some of you guys journals and I know I'm doing something wrong, cause you have huge ass leaves spilling out in all directions from your pot.

I had to pull out all the stops gathering everything I could around the apt to get 30 gallons. Gonna do 2 times the flush of each 5 gallon pot.

IMG_000583.JPG

You have to remember that less is more with MJ in most cases. I used to over feed and over water all my previous grows.flowering time is dependant on each indervidual strain. As for big leaves I only have 2 big fans left on mine at mo. Its the way I defol and train though. But ill take both of them off soon also. I haven't seen any down side to not having big huge fans during flower.
Also not sure which way you prepared for the flush but id have cleaned my bath rinsed it well then filled it up adjusted ph in one go then watered from there Using your jug. Just a thought.

You have to remember that less is more with MJ in most cases. I used to over feed and over water all my previous grows.flowering time is dependant on each indervidual strain. As for big leaves I only have 2 big fans left on mine at mo. Its the way I defol and train though. But ill take both of them off soon also. I haven't seen any down side to not having big huge fans during flower.
Also not sure which way you prepared for the flush but id have cleaned my bath rinsed it well then filled it up adjusted ph in one go then watered from there Using your jug. Just a thought.

Yes Light, no more full strength nutes from now on. Learned my lesson. Most I am going to do is 1/2 from now on.

I also have lots of undergrowth literally like every 1/4" of each stem, there is a branch out. I havn't cut any of them off since I heard that's where all the food comes from. I'll post some more pics when I get home.

*Morning Update*

So after the water dechlorinated for 24 hours, I went ahead and flushed all 3 plants with 30 gallons. I used a little 1/4" PVC tubing and put one end into the water bucket and the other end, I would suck on it and therefore creating constant flow.

I put all 3 plants back into the grow closet with the drainage crates under them.

I measured the PH runoff from each plant and they were in the 6.0 Ph mark. Is this something I should be concerned with?

IMG_000384.JPG

Day 48

So I have to say the Flushing I did yesterday has really bounced the plants back to life. The rusting and curling has stopped. And I saw a significant growth from the leaves after 5 hours of sleep. I am slowly transitioning to an 18/6 schedule so I can ease her into flowering soon.

Plant

IMG_002443.JPG
IMG_002555.JPG

Plant

IMG_002644.JPG
IMG_002747.JPG

Plant

IMG_002944.JPG
IMG_003049.JPG

Also very excited that I got my Sunleaves Sunspot 6 Hood today and some Epsoma Garden Lime.

IMG_002151.JPG
IMG_003138.JPG

Now bottom of the Smart Pots still are moist even after been placed on draining crates since flushing yesterday. Kinda worried about root rotting. I did not add any nutes or Cal Mag after flushing and am worried the plants might rust and curl again from not enough nutrients.

Im thinking about doing 1/2 strength Big Bloom and Grow Big and Cal Mag for the next feeding, what do u think?

Can I also crush the Dolomite into powder and add it to my nute mix and feed it to the plants?

If you have not begun feeding nutrients yet I would start with a 1/4 strength dosage and see how your plants react to it.

Okies ill go with 1/4 nutes. Just one more thing, Im pretty sure the soil Ph range is around 6.0 +/-

Will Ph ing the water to 7.0 level out the soil Ph to 6.5?

Can I add the dolomite lime and Cal Mag to it, or am I doing too much?

Thanks King

Back
Top Bottom