White Widow & Blue Cheese First Time CFL Closet Grow

Day 49

Just a quick little Update but Goddam! I have not seen such healthy tops since them being in 1/2 gallon containers. Been 2 days since its flushing with no nutes or additives afterwards.

I also pruned a bit of the small undergrowth and middle growth but did not touch the big fan leaves.

Im thinking of giving it a week to recover with its last veg nutes then go into flowering. Any advice on when I can go into flowering would be grateful! :thanks:

IMG_003339.JPG

IMG_003539.JPG

IMG_003440.JPG

IMG_003639.JPG

with the flushing you performed your soil pH should have returned to 6.5, I would adjust your nutrient water to 6.5. I would have your plants using full strength nutrients before you switch to flowering. I believe it would be less stressful on your plants when you transition your nutrients to flowering nutrients during its early flowering.

Looking great! Much better after the flush.

Yes they do. Thanks Shrub

with the flushing you performed your soil pH should have returned to 6.5, I would adjust your nutrient water to 6.5. I would have your plants using full strength nutrients before you switch to flowering. I believe it would be less stressful on your plants when you transition your nutrients to flowering nutrients during its early flowering.

Really King?, so I won't have to add the dolomite lime since its 6.5 now?

I got some of the smaller packets of the Fox Farm

IMG_003835.JPG

Should I go with Week 4 or Week 5 of the pre-flower schedule?

Untitled136.jpg

Aw you lucky bugger, I want to give them nutes a go!

Haha I got the 3 pack from eBay for like $9 bucks shipped. Beats having to buy the trio since Im seeing the full size would last forever.
:Namaste:

So this morning after the light came on, I gave just a gallon of water for all 3 plants with the below nutes mixed below:

Following Fox Farms Week 4 Schedule

1.5 tsp of Big Bloom
1.5 tsp Grow Big
3ml of Cal Mag
1 tbsp of Molasses
1/8 tsp of Open Sesame

I ph the water before adding the nutes and it was 7.0

Now after combining everything, It was hella hard to get the PH because of what the molasses do to the color of the water. Adding the Ph drops to the vial only had the slightest color change. So hopefully I didn't screw up here and give it some drastic high or low PH nute water.

I should be going into flowering mode tonight or tommorrow. Should I just switch 12/12 or do I need 36 hours of blackout and then 12/12?

you could add the dolomite lime to your soil if you wish, it acts as a buffer. I would use the week 4 nutrient schedule. you can go straight from 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness without giving your plants any other additional hours of darkness between.

Day 1 ( Flowering )!

Omg guys, I just prepared everything tonight like a mad man to start day 1 of flowering! Total of 51 days in veg from seed.

I finally am able to play and setup the new HPS setup:

- Sunleaves 6 hood
- 600W Hortilux Super HPS bulb
- 600W Lumatek ballast

Now I only have that Phresh 4x8 filter and the 4" Vortex fan and I have a 6 inch flange from the hood. I know I shoulda have gone with 6" carbon filter and fan but it was a rookie mistake. I gotta work with what I got.

IMG_004233.JPG

So I bought a 4" elbow duct and a 6" - 4" reducer. At first, I was going to go ghetto and use tape to hold attach the elbow to the hoods air intake. But I found some spray foam I used earlier in the grow and filled in the gap.

IMG_004330.JPG

After a few hours, the foam created a nice airtight seal without blocking elbow duct air way.

IMG_004735.JPG

IMG_004834.JPG

Here's the setup all hooked up.

IMG_004945.JPG

The sexyness from beneath.

IMG_005439.JPG

Since I had a hole in the wall to drag electricity cable in, I used that same hole to line the Lumatek ballast which now sits inside the bottom of my dresser in the other room. Eventually, Ill find the will to make a fan hole and wire up a nice 120mm pc fan to cool it down.

IMG_004634.JPG

Plants waiting on me to finish the setup.

IMG_005237.JPG

IMG_005337.JPG

Now they are home where they will flower. Hopefully.

I was going to expect the temps to be in the 80s but so far they are at a consistent 79 degrees. I have them 15 inches from the hood.

Id figured the best time for them to go to sleep is from 7 am - 7 pm because of the daytime heat.

:Namaste:

NIce one!!
You will see a big change in their growth after 1 or 2 weeks, I like ur hood, how its like my batwing but it urs has higher raised panels either side of globe presumably to refelct light better, Not sure on my batwing hood if it gives ff better reflected light or not, Butmaybe sumthin to look into.. GOOD GROWING - take ur time and watch em boom:) Dont trim too much from em atm since you have done recently, Or do what you like!! But maybe let em alone for a bit to adjust to the HPS..
Happy Harvesting!!! Smokem

They're gonna love it my friend, awesome to have your girls under Hps goodness!

Thanks bro! I have to wear my Ray-Bans every time I take a peek at them!

NIce one!!
You will see a big change in their growth after 1 or 2 weeks, I like ur hood, how its like my batwing but it urs has higher raised panels either side of globe presumably to refelct light better, Not sure on my batwing hood if it gives ff better reflected light or not, Butmaybe sumthin to look into.. GOOD GROWING - take ur time and watch em boom:) Dont trim too much from em atm since you have done recently, Or do what you like!! But maybe let em alone for a bit to adjust to the HPS..
Happy Harvesting!!! Smokem

Yea bro, I did alot of research and this hood fit my price range and the features of it. I was going to go bat wing at first but I knew my temps weren't that good even with CFLs in vegging.

I'll definetely won't defoil the leaves like I use to, too scared of it going hermie on me.

Day 3 (Flowering)

Ey Mates! All 3 plants looking really healthy and have seen maybe like 1/2" of growth since putting it into flowering 2 days ago. The girls has been sucking up all the water within 2 days of watering.

Today I gave them 2 gallons and a quart of 6.5 PH water (no nutes or anything else).

The problem now I have is the soil runoff. Its literally 4.0! My jaw dropped when I saw orange in the ph vial. :yikes:

The thing is that I topped dressed the 5 gallon pots with 5 tbsp each of dolomite lime. Not sure if that has any effect on the 4.0 ph level?

Here they are:

IMG_006036.JPG

IMG_005726.JPG

Day 5 Flowering

Plants are looking pretty good some decent height growth, I'd say 1/2" a day. About 14" from the light to the top of the plants.

IMG_006728.JPG

Problem with one of the plants is that I noticed some purple stems and a few yellowing leaves inside the bottom leaves. I gave her straight ph water like 3 days ago. Anyone have an idea why its affecting just this one plant and not the others. The tops look really good and healthy, its just the lower portion fan leaves that are having this.

IMG_006130.JPG
IMG_006225.JPG
IMG_006325.JPG
IMG_006530.JPG

I found out just right now that Ive been giving her Big Bloom in teaspoon portions instead of tablespoon portions. I just read the label fUUCCCCK!

Day 6 Flowering

Just gave the girls their weekly nute watering following the FF week 5 schedule:

IMG_006829.JPG

Going 75% all nutes this time with 2 gallons between them all

Big Bloom - 4.5 tbsp
Grow Big - 3 tsp
Tiger Bloom - 3 tsp
Open Sesame - .375 tsp
Cal Mag - 1.5 tsp
Molasses - 1.5 tbsp

This time I was able to PH the water after mixing all the nutes to 6.5. I had to dump about 2 teaspoons of PH Up to get it back to 6.5.

I am really excited to see what Tiger Bloom + Open Sesame can do to these plants.

Anyone have advice or pictures of 2+ wire LSTing?

Subbed. A long time ago I thought of an LST method that I have used ever since. Get a card of ladies Bobby pins and a small bag of rubber bands. Cut the pins in half with wire cutters, using needle nose pliers bend one end into a small circle and slip onto a rubber band, bend the other end into a hook. Put two onto each rubber band. Now you have an easy to use LST that will last a long time. They can easily be hooked over pot rims or onto clamps. The elasticity allows bumps and scrapes without damage to your babies. you could use different sized bands, depending on the length of stretch needed. I just finished a Jack Herer, which is a very bushy plant. I couldn't bear to fim it, so I LSTed the top back to the mainstem. I ended up with an 18 inch foxtail on a 31/2 ft. plant. I also trained all of the lower branches into a circular pattern resulting in a very ornamental potted plant on my back steps.

Back
Top Bottom