White Widow & Blue Cheese First Time CFL Closet Grow

sounds like a good plan for flowering.

Thanks King, guess i'll go with that setup.

I was re-LSTing the plants and wanted to show some of the underside of each plant.

IMG_010726.JPG
IMG_010621.JPG
IMG_010527.JPG

Day 33

IMG_010825.JPG

2 of the plants are doing great but one of them is either showing Phosphorus or Potassium deficiency. It only appears to be affecting only the top leaves. I watered it with 1/2 strength nutes and doesn't appear to be spreading. Any tips on how to prevent this from happening in the future?

IMG_011028.JPG
IMG_010928.JPG

The other two look fine!

how close to the light are your plants? if the damage in your photographs is not from a deficiency it could be heat stress. what is your grow area temperature?

Hey King. I prolly have them less than an inch away from the tallest plant. And my temps range from 77-81 F.

Yea I'm also thinking it might be heat stress myself too. I think I'll raise the reflector to see if it helps.

:Namaste:

i would raise the reflectors to 5-6 inches from your plant.

Got it, raised it like 5 inches. Hopefully no more burns in the future!

Day 34

Watering day. Straight tap water been sitting around for 2 days.

I use a standard water bottle for watering and gave each pot about 2 bottles worth. No nutes added, just straight water. And there was a little bit of runoff, not alot.

I will have to take each plant out and add more soil underneath since I ran out of it when I had them transplanted from the 1 gallons to the 5 gallon smart pots. Bad thing I notice for my setup in smart pots is that I have to remove the LST clips every time I water. But I enjoy redoing the LSTs.

I think I Fimmed all 3 plants Wednesday night which was about 3 days ago, and I started seeing a little growth. Not sure if its working but just hoping it works out.
IMG_011730.JPG

IMG_011829.JPG

IMG_012039.JPG

Day 34

Hey Mates! After watering 2 gallons between all 3 plants, I was sure to get some overwatering problems. But this afternoon, didn't see any signs of it and they have been thriving.

IMG_012918.JPG
IMG_013026.JPG

This plant has about 5 new colas aside from the main cola. But this is the smaller plant of the 3 with very small leaves.

IMG_013119.JPG
IMG_013218.JPG

Biggest and Healthiest plant with lots of rigoruous inner growth! About 6-7 colas aside from the main cola.

IMG_013325.JPG
IMG_013424.JPG

This one was the one with Heat Stress recently and has about 5 new colas besides the main cola.

I really think adding the humidifier has made my plants much healthier and greener and more luscious. Humidity ranges from 50-65 depending on the dial.

Hard to measure the height of these plants with them being bent sideways, but I would say they are about 6-7 inches tall give or take.

Thanks King again, for the advice on raising the reflector. Havn't had any more of those problems since!

I will probably veg for about 2-3 more weeks because I can't wait anymore! I want them buds!

:bong:

Looks good!.....I'm not sure but I don't think over watering occurs from the amount of water given but rather how often you give it to them.......I let my girls dry out then I saturate the soil then I let them dry back out.....the only time I give a little bit of water is if it is to hold them over till a tea is foaming.

Very nice journal Ksm. I'm a first time grower, too. Like you I have lots of gardening experience but have never grown the cannabis. It looks like you're on the road to great success. Subed.

Looks good!.....I'm not sure but I don't think over watering occurs from the amount of water given but rather how often you give it to them.......I let my girls dry out then I saturate the soil then I let them dry back out.....the only time I give a little bit of water is if it is to hold them over till a tea is foaming.

Yea Waknbake, I'm definetely having better control of my urge to water every 2 days now. I'm going bare minimum 3-4 days without watering.

@TheGeneral, Thanks mate!

@PeeJay, Thanks brother! hi5 first time growers. This is prolly my favorite hobby right now ahead of even GTA V!

@Light Addict, Glad you came aboard!

Day 35

Plants are looking really good.

After work I did a mini haul from the local hydro store and picked up a couple of things.

IMG_014429.JPG

And here's an updated pic of my grow closet.

IMG_014025.JPG

I moved the power converter from the right side of the room to the back of the room to prepare for the HPS light. I happened to have on of those dog wee wee trainers and it was just big enough to hold the 3 plants. The front two plants are tilted since there is not enough space to lay them down flat but o wells.

IMG_014128.JPG

I moved the oscillating fan to the back because of the short length of its power cord. I have a hard time leaving it in the back because I know its blowing against the intake of air which might be bad.

Also moved the PC fan orginally exhausting the hot air from the cfls to the front. Now I have the humidifier blowing indirectly towards it and it occassionally lets a stream of that humid air flow above the plants which I thought was pretty cool. Kinda like a humid rainforest.

Day 38

Been busy the last few days, but about 3 days ago, for some unknown reason. All three of my plants started to show shriveling leaves and weakness. Plant 1 took the hardest hit and I've seen this happen to it the first time. The other 2 seem to be much more immune. Maybe Plant 1 is the runt of the litter?

Plant 1

IMG_014632.JPG

IMG_014730.JPG

I got emotional seeing a majority of her top and middle leaves starting to wither, shrivel and brown rusty linings at along the edges and tips of the leaves.

IMG_015326.JPG

For some reason when I touched the branches of the sick looking leaves, they fell off with no pressure at all. I didn't have to pinch them off, they just dislocated at the point of the main stem. About 7-8 of the branches fell off.

Plant 2

IMG_014838.JPG
IMG_014934.JPG

Plant 3

IMG_015028.JPG
IMG_015135.JPG

This Tuesday was Nute day so I gave her full strength of Big Bloom and Grow Big and the Cal Mag I just got to her. It appears to have bounced back alot. I gave between 3 of them 1 gallon of watering.

But do you guys know why branches would shrivel up to like 1/4 of its original size, crisp up and fall off with just the slightest touch?

Is your fan pointed at your plants? Or is the air in the room getting high circulation? Just a guess but maybe not enough air circulation around your plants combined with its bushiness and tight node spacing may be trapping stagnant air around them? Just a thought, have read this can mimic other issue as well

NO worries mate!!
Nice job there buddy hoping all grows well for you:) Ill keep this short soz my PC is screwed and keeps shutting down so anyways Keep up the good work and will chat soon. Smokem..

Is your fan pointed at your plants? Or is the air in the room getting high circulation? Just a guess but maybe not enough air circulation around your plants combined with its bushiness and tight node spacing may be trapping stagnant air around them? Just a thought, have read this can mimic other issue as well

Hey Shrub, yes the fan has been blowing at the plants from the floor from the start. I also have a PC fan blowing into the CFLs to cool down the temp above the fans. And I have another higher power 120mm PC fan that I just dangle above the reflector and let it go crazy, swaying around to provide mid room level circulation. Should I start thinking of mounting that floor fan on the wall perhaps?

Thanks King, looks like its potassium deficiency as always. I'm aiming to move ahead into Flowering stage like next week when I get my hood. You have followed my journal from day one, and with all the shit Ive been going through with the plants, would it be advisable to flush before going into flowering mode?

NO worries mate!!
Nice job there buddy hoping all grows well for you:) Ill keep this short soz my PC is screwed and keeps shutting down so anyways Keep up the good work and will chat soon. Smokem..

Np Smoke, thanks for coming aboard!

Day 43

Plants look much better then the shit storm it went through a week ago. But I still get something that looks like rust on some of the middle and top leaves. I've been reading intensely tonight on some things that I might have done that would have caused stunted growth and these nute burns.

I transplanted about a total of 3 times.

First from the solo cup > 1/2 gallon pot
Second from 1/2 gallon pot > 5 gallon pot
Third from 5 gallon pot > 5 gallon pot (i didn't have enough soil from the 2nd transplant so this time I bought more)

From the second and third transplant, I know I was clumsy and ripped some roots off. Noob me.

Also with all my waterings, I never really had much of a runoff. Just once where I had runoff. So maybe salt is building up from the nutes Ive been adding at the bottom of the plant?

Update from my Fimming I did like 2 weeks ago:

I think I cut the point too low causing 2 of the plants to be "topped".
The 3rd one got 3 shoots growing out of it.

IMG_015530.JPG
IMG_015425.JPG

Plant 1

IMG_015727.JPG
IMG_015827.JPG

Plant 2

IMG_016118.JPG
IMG_016224.JPG

Plant 3

IMG_016318.JPG
IMG_016425.JPG

Back