First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Organic

Re: First time indoor grow, closet , CFL, Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized aiming for org

So the new seedlings look to be doing better than the ones I first planted I'm thinking I may have had the others too close to the lights before, one of the newer ones has curly odd leaves since it sprouted but its still growing, the other seedling is the one with curled up leaves. Going to get some pH down and a pH test kit to test my water and run off. The one I got yesterday is just got soil I think.

1376318407637.jpg
1376318378280.jpg
1376318329265.jpg

Re: First time indoor grow, closet , CFL, Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized aiming for org

Have the plants on 24/0 right now, thinking of switching to 18/6 by the end of the week, first seedlings coming up on 2 weeks old

There is a lot of debate about 24/0 vs 18/6. From what I've read I personally believe that the darkness period is good for the plants. Many people claim the plants are unable to absorb any light past 18 hours, some say that photosynthesis is sped up with darkness periods, some say that the root growth is bigger during the darkness periods. And of course there's those who just do it to save energy.

Either way, most people who have been growing for a long time say they do not notice a difference between 24 or 18.

So i picked up some fox farms happy frog,ph down and a liquid pH test kit. I think the jiffy pots are hurting my babies, I have some other plants like basil and Rosemary I have started clones in the jiffy pots and they are all suffering more than those in regular pots. I feel the lights\sun dry the pots out and the moisture is then absorbed from the soil stealing it from the plant. Going to transplant the roughest looking one and a lemon kush and water it with pH balanced water. Fox farms happy frog reads almost 7.0 so going to add a small amount of pH down. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the input hijinks I'm thinking that by Friday they should be ready for it.

1376348491710.jpg

New homes! Transplanted all of the original seedlings misted the soil to help settle it ,now going to water with pH down.

1376353495258.jpg

First two pictures are the white rhino x mazar
Second two are white widow x skunk #1
The two pictures of two plants together are lemon kush
And the four plants are the mystery bag seeds. Very clearly a different strain than the others. In input on there variety is appreciated I know its still very early. Everyone is looking happy now. They are all 2 weeks old and the bag seed are a week and a half. Will be shifting to 18/6 Friday.

Day 17 for the lemon kush , white rhino x mazar, white widow x skunk #1
Day 12 for the random seeds.
On 18/6 lighting
Runoff from watering is 6.0 ish so going to stop adding pH down and continue with normal watering.
No more mold in any of the soil. Very few fungus gnats after treating with diatomacious earth.

1376888501365.jpg

1377145371226.jpg

Worked 12 hours today and came home and one of my plants looked like this!?!?! All the others look fine accept one sagging a little , just watered all of them including the dead looking one maybe under watered? Plant looked fine @ 8 am ...... treated the same as all, the others.

The plants are looking good , the one that was sagging isn't dead yet but isn't looking good. Going to re-pot I think. I want this transfer to be the final pot size so have not decided exactly what it will be yet. Some of the plants are showing some yellowing on the leaves gonna check the pH again here soon and see if it needs adjusting.

1377391670049.jpg
1377391619328.jpg
1377391575196.jpg

Put the largest plant into a larger pot to see how the roots looked. They were starting to curl up at the bottom so going to transplant them all now.

1377465639286.jpg

Yeah there are a lot of factors to pay attention to and its difficult to not over analyze everything. But its all notes being taken for the next round. Learning experience all around.

All I can offer is, spots and small issues seem to work themselves out. Overwatering seems to be the main issue, I let mine get real dry, very light to pickup. Then I water. I was doing the water then two days off method , but all your plant will take water at thief own pace. Careful with notes, I go light on them till plants are really moving along, inch per day or more.

I was actually referring to notes as in "take a note of" but as far as NUTES go today I did pickup some general hydroponics Flora Gro. It was on sale for $6.99 for a 16oz bottle. Not sure if thats a deal but I grabbed it anyways. Dont think im going to use it quite yet but I have it just the same. Its also not organic which I didn't realize until I got home so may just use it as sparingly as possible. Purchased 1 Gallon pots for all my babies, once the bagseed one that I transplanted first gets a little more settled He will go into one as well.Also purchased two more 42watt 2700k CFL's and out Y-adapters on the others so I boosted the watts by 84. Mainly did this because I will need more of those for Flower anyways and on the next grow Im going to get a second 125watt 6500k similar to the one I have and modify a hood to fit both.

1377559413102.jpg

1377559353111.jpg

1377559388833.jpg

Looking good so far, going to add some diatomacious earth to these in a bit every time I add new soil the damn fungus gnats attack. New soil is a mix of FFOF and FFHF as well as some soil from the local nursery that contains perilite and some other stuff. after I mixed them all together the PH read just under 7.0 so going to add a little PH-down for this watering. I always mist the soil (not the plant) with a spray bottle because I feel this helps settle it better in the pot. Then I water it later and it doesnt run through the soil or make odd holes as much. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated as usual, I kind of just assume that if no one says DONT DO THAT! then im not doing too terrible lol. Today is the first day where I opened the door in the morning and got a subtle whiff of fresh ganja. This is the most fun thing to grow out of all my other projects. Now its time for some motorcycle riding + a little craft beer + packing a bowl. In that order.

1377642764189.jpg
1377642743680.jpg
1377642712520.jpg

So I decided to top the largest plant , at least I think I did lol just wanting to see how the plant recovers from it at this stage. Considering it for the others as well. Too soon?

Back
Top Bottom