Five Strains In 33"x33" - 600W HPS - Organic Soil Mix - 7 Gal Pots - Water Only?

AC/DC and SS are sold as medical. You can buy as recreational but why? If your medical forget you heard me say that. I'm somewhat spoiled since we routinely have product (flower only) at or above 30% tested THC. Most medical shops will turn recreational since money us much better. While in line at despencary you get 1 to 2 med per every 15 recreational customers.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

AC/DC and SS are sold as medical. You can buy as recreational but why? If your medical forget you heard me say that. I'm somewhat spoiled since we routinely have product (flower only) at or above 30% tested THC. Most medical shops will turn recreational since money us much better. While in line at despencary you get 1 to 2 med per every 15 recreational customers.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Same here, but luckily I don't need to buy anything from the dispensaries any longer. Well, I do buy seeds and clones on occasion.
Shark Shock is no big deal for me. I have plenty of other options. It was a real pain to trim and was also the lowest yielder. My wife is interested in CBD strains and it was what I could find at the time, so I grew it for her.

Hey crashbox-
I did try a little of the SS. Unfortunately, I have to report it is unremarkable - both in taste and effect.
I can't really describe the taste. Not spicy, fruity, or piney. Maybe a little earthy. The best way to describe it is, "generic". I can't say it did much for me, either for pain or mood. Meh... I may wait for it to cure, or I may just pitch it. :hmmmm:

Thanks for taking the time to post back on this Major. Like you, I was trying to locate a strain with equal THC / CBD which would still be decent for mood. I'll look around for another strain maybe.

I just managed to get an ACDC clone to take in Veg... I'll let you know how it works out... 1 part THC for 25 part CBD is quite a ratio. Wifey can't wait. She says it will be the strain for her. She wants CBD strains. Herbies has some others but I could only find par or even CBD vs THC. Wifey found ACDC from a friend. I can't even find much information on the web about it..(well no growing info.)

I'll give you a report but that will be a ways away...

:peace:

FE

I just managed to get an ACDC clone to take in Veg... I'll let you know how it works out... 1 part THC for 25 part CBD is quite a ratio. Wifey can't wait. She says it will be the strain for her. She wants CBD strains. Herbies has some others but I could only find par or even CBD vs THC. Wifey found ACDC from a friend. I can't even find much information on the web about it..(well no growing info.)

I'll give you a report but that will be a ways away...

:peace:

FE

AC/DC is a phenotype of Cannatonic with 20+ percent cbd. I grew out an ac/dc x querkle cross that I had 2 phenotypes of. 1 came out with a 1:1 ratio of thc:cbd and the 2nd one was a 2:1 thc:cbd. I don't think you can buy ac/dc seeds, you need a cutting or get the cannatonic and phenotype hunt.

Happy New Year & congrats Pita. I look forward to your next run.

Yeah - it's my balancing act of humidity vs. temperature when in an unheated space. Lights-on and temps are high while RH is low. Lights-off is just the opposite problem. I can dial in my temps just fine but it throws the RH too far for my liking - especially as the buds develop.
That bathroom has no exhaust fan, but better yet is the new little fan added yesterday. It runs non-stop now. It is too new to tell for sure, but even with it going (60 CFM, remember? :cheesygrinsmiley:) it only dropped the RH from 91% to 84%. I'm not done with it. I have another idea or two I'm going to try.

Major,

Not sure what you're up to nowadays, but I had a thought--I wonder if lighting them using the GLR would help because of the more intermittent on/off of lights?

Major: I use a double window fan faced outwards to regulate heat and RH. I keep it running 24/7 year-round. The grow room sucks in warmed air from the rest of the house, which is lower in temp than in the tents.

Major,

Not sure what you're up to nowadays, but I had a thought--I wonder if lighting them using the GLR would help because of the more intermittent on/off of lights?

Major: I use a double window fan faced outwards to regulate heat and RH. I keep it running 24/7 year-round. The grow room sucks in warmed air from the rest of the house, which is lower in temp than in the tents.

Right now the RH is "OK". I'll never get it perfect with my current setup, but I have it as good as I think it will ever be. I'll make a new grow room before I do anything else to the shower. The shower is running 25% - 45% RH, with 35% being what I see most of the time.

I do have a fan running 24/7, as well as a small heater on a timer for when the lights are off. Right now things are in bloom so no GLR is possible. Since I'm in an unheated building, my conditions are somewhat variable with the weather.

:thanks:

Major, can you pre-vent (before the vent ;) your air going into to the GR by having a duct connected to dehumidifier vented into the room with dehumidified air?

i think this came out ok...LOL Im trying the BuddhaHaze x BlueBlood chopped, drying Lo' and Slo' some daZe..wow..
Sweet, Fruit, Earthy smell...fruity, earthy taste really nice!!
Hi--heightened awareness yet subdued, The mind wants to get going, but the legs are say'n 'not so fast' :) Never had something like this..
awesome taste.. will vape some when i get mine back-
(DONT lend out your Toys, uh..TOOLS :))

Major, can you pre-vent (before the vent ;) your air going into to the GR by having a duct connected to dehumidifier vented into the room with dehumidified air?

i think this came out ok...LOL Im trying the BuddhaHaze x BlueBlood chopped, drying Lo' and Slo' some daZe..wow..
Sweet, Fruit, Earthy smell...fruity, earthy taste really nice!!
Hi--heightened awareness yet subdued, The mind wants to get going, but the legs are say'n 'not so fast' :) Never had something like this..
awesome taste.. will vape some when i get mine back-
(DONT lend out your Toys, uh..TOOLS :))

I could easily, except...
The shower is in a tiny bathroom (duh) and it pulls air from there. I could dehumidify the bathroom and the air would get pulled into the shower. The problem is space and power. I'm on a 15A circuit that is being used as much as I feel safe. A dehuey would probably be fine but finding a place to put it is the real issue. I'll think on it.
(Hmmm...maybe I can hang one from the ceiling???)

Major,
I am a little concerned as I have a Shark Shock that will have been in flower for 6 weeks tomorrow and it is already showing some Amber Trichomes. Do you recall how long you let yours go in 12/12? I'm afraid even 55 days (55-60) will be too long. (And yes, I topped the buds 3 days ago.)

S_S_.jpg

Major,
I am a little concerned as I have a Shark Shock that will have been in flower for 6 weeks tomorrow and it is already showing some Amber Trichomes. Do you recall how long you let yours go in 12/12? I'm afraid even 55 days (55-60) will be too long. (And yes, I topped the buds 3 days ago.)

Mine went 57 days from the 12/12 flip to chop.

Mine went 57 days from the 12/12 flip to chop.
That fits right in with their projections of 55-60 days. Do think I should see if I can find a way to slow down the development of amber this last 2 weeks? The last thing I want is couch lock.

Hope you don't mind me asking on your completred journal:thumb:

That fits right in with their projections of 55-60 days. Do think I should see if I can find a way to slow down the development of amber this last 2 weeks? The last thing I want is couch lock.

Hope you don't mind me asking on your completred journal:thumb:

I don't mind a bit.
I wish I could give you an informed opinion. I was not happy with my SS. If the yield is there for you now, and you think it is where you want it, I'd chop it early. I've only grown it once so I can't compare results to shorter harvest times. Tough call, for sure and I have no idea how to slow down the amber. Some GE maybe??? :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom