GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

Oh my dear Pigeons!

I'm okay, just ridiculously busy - 4 big projects on the go.

But here's a wee update on the girls to mark their 8 week birthday

Here's the big cola on Scylla - ripening and getting frosty

image1629.jpeg

Jim licks screen

:rofl:

My $0.02 - strip off everything but the top 6-7 nodes. Doc Bud has more than proven the effectiveness of this, although the Kit ratchets up the plant's performance. This grow was my first time being ruthless, and my experience has been that the plants don't miss a beat and grow buds like mad on those nodes you left.

I also followed his advice to clear out enough of the interior going into bloom that you can see soil when you look in from above. This isn't defoliation, it's stripping everything you know won't grow high-quality buds. More along the lines of lollypopping.

I think the man knows what he's talking about and decided to listen to him on this point. Now I have some very neat plants in the tent that I don't worry about air flow problems, and I know the light can penetrate through the canopy, which incidentally, I tried to keep to within 18" deep with that stripping, at Graytail's encouragement. I have some serious mentors watching over these shoulders.

Yep -- they're getting a bit bigger, for sure. Not sure how much longer they'll be -- a few stray pistils have turned brown, but that's about it. Three weeks? Two weeks? We'll see. I want to let them go as long as they need, and I've got the magnifying loupe to try to work it out :)

First thing Monday morning I leave on a business trip of 9 days. According to my original calculations this grow would have been done by now, but the best laid plans ... Let's just say they've ganged agley, and leave it at that :)

So here's my wee plan. I'm setting up a SWICK for the girls and that should keep them hydrated while we're away. Not sure how well this will work with coco coir, but I've got a nice 8" high tote bin that fits the two Smart Pots pretty much exactly (I've been doing my reading in your threads, Sue :)) and it seems the best solution to my problem. The room's temp and humidity is pretty stable, the lights are working well. I will have to cross my fingers, of course, but I think it should work.

Every day I take a look at the girls and trim out some fluffy lower buds. Everything is much tidier now. I've been freezing these, in the hopes of adding them to the rest of my harvest trim to make canna butter -- there do seem to be a lot of trichomes on them, but if it's pointless then I'll stop saving them :)

Here's a photo I took yesterday of a typical trimmed mini bud - let me know your opinion on saving these:

image1737.jpeg

And, again, thank you for weighing in. I'm so sorry I've been stupidly busy which has kept me from all but the most cursory visits to your threads, my friends. Soon things will settle down!

I generally save those little buds as well, Glimmer. I usually don't if I'm trimming them off earlier, when they don't have much resin on them, but those look fine. I toss them in the freezer till I can get around to making hash.
Good luck and I hope all goes well during the absence :thumb:

I generally save those little buds as well, Glimmer. I usually don't if I'm trimming them off earlier, when they don't have much resin on them, but those look fine. I toss them in the freezer till I can get around to making hash.
Good luck and I hope all goes well during the absence :thumb:

Thanks so much, WC! I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but it seemed really painful to throw trichomes (even unripe ones) away :) The early ones I took off weren't sticky at all, but these are sticky as hell and getting stickier. The smell is really building, too -- nice and green. I have to work to keep the cats away from them now :)

I trim them off as well and straight to the freezer.

I think your SWICK system should be just fine by the time you get home. Maybe they'll look a bit over watered but I think you'll be fine!

Lots of love and all the best on your travels

Back
Top Bottom