GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

GodSpeed, I'm doing this by memory so........here goes........It doesn't take long for the pollen to effect the females. After painting on the pollen with a small brush or using a paper bag filled with pollen. You can almost immediately
wash the impregnated buds with water. This kills all the left over pollen. :adore:

Yes, I haven't done this yet, but that's exactly how I've seen it done - Hemprocket did this on one of his plants. The reaction is fast, so as OMM says you can spray water almost right away.

If you can, you may want to spray the other plants with water before bringing the pollen in, if the branches you don't want pollinated are already misted, there is less chance for accidental pollination. (As long as you can keep your branch dry that you want to pollenate).

Do a g*ogle search for "TGA Subcool pollen trap", look for the link to subcool's blog. Good reading. Article is called, "All the Young Dudes: Cannabis Pollen Collection and Use".

I want to do this, I may just keep one male and let him pollinate everything. I'm not afraid of seeds, and it doesn't effect the potency contrary to popular belief. It may improve it frankly. Yield? That's another story. Might suffer some, but I provide for myself anyway.

Some experienced growers and tokers prefer seeded bud as they feel it has a fuller flavor - believe it or not. I can't tell on the taste, but the strongest bud I've grown was the only seeded bud I grew. People make to big of deal about seeds in bud. Only matters if you need the yield or are selling it, imho.

Godspeed, Godspeed. ;)

Water does deactivate pollen. I'm wary of pollen in my house anywhere. It really is easy to pollinate selective buds. I wood take the mother plant to another room and pollinate where ya wanted to and wait a hour or two then wash and then tie a paper bag over the soon to be seeded bud. They say water works but I woodn't trust any pollinated bud in front of a fan. Well to each I wish ya luck. Keepem Green

Thank you Norcaliwood this is the first time i will be letting a male produce any pollen in or around my grow so im slightly nervous but im not sure why, very excited at the same time smoke some more to calm my nerves, there is no way i would dispose of this males, i will be using water for pollen control on the females and moving the male to another location.

Man juice! lol No...keep it away from my ladies.

Congrats on the MOM win! I'll be checking for that new journal...much respect from the Siscokid.

Thank Sisco brother the new journal will be around once i have some rooted clones and collected some pollen from the male.

Yes, I haven't done this yet, but that's exactly how I've seen it done - Hemprocket did this on one of his plants. The reaction is fast, so as OMM says you can spray water almost right away.

If you can, you may want to spray the other plants with water before bringing the pollen in, if the branches you don't want pollinated are already misted, there is less chance for accidental pollination. (As long as you can keep your branch dry that you want to pollenate).

Do a g*ogle search for "TGA Subcool pollen trap", look for the link to subcool's blog. Good reading. Article is called, "All the Young Dudes: Cannabis Pollen Collection and Use".

I want to do this, I may just keep one male and let him pollinate everything. I'm not afraid of seeds, and it doesn't effect the potency contrary to popular belief. It may improve it frankly. Yield? That's another story. Might suffer some, but I provide for myself anyway.

Some experienced growers and tokers prefer seeded bud as they feel it has a fuller flavor - believe it or not. I can't tell on the taste, but the strongest bud I've grown was the only seeded bud I grew. People make to big of deal about seeds in bud. Only matters if you need the yield or are selling it, imho.

Godspeed, Godspeed. ;)

Hey Buddy thanks for the the TGA article just been reading at there is some brilliant information, tips and tricks i will be using, there is also some other great info on his blog so thanks again brother. Im thinking im going to move the male away atm he is in with my girls veg room, with only small flowers visible clearly through a loop im not massively worried he can do much damage, im doing some remodeling today so will open up some more space for all the different activity's i have planned.

All my produce is for myself and my wife smokes some to, so having seeded buds isn't a massive problem as it doesn't take that much for the pair of us to get lean, and some could go for edibles and hash.

Do you have any breeding planned your end X ?

Thank you Norcaliwood this is the first time i will be letting a male produce any pollen in or around my grow so im slightly nervous but im not sure why, very excited at the same time smoke some more to calm my nerves, there is no way i would dispose of this males, i will be using water for pollen control on the females and moving the male to another location.

Thank Sisco brother the new journal will be around once i have some rooted clones and collected some pollen from the male.

Hey Buddy thanks for the the TGA article just been reading at there is some brilliant information, tips and tricks i will be using, there is also some other great info on his blog so thanks again brother. Im thinking im going to move the male away atm he is in with my girls veg room, with only small flowers visible clearly through a loop im not massively worried he can do much damage, im doing some remodeling today so will open up some more space for all the different activity's i have planned.

All my produce is for myself and my wife smokes some to, so having seeded buds isn't a massive problem as it doesn't take that much for the pair of us to get lean, and some could go for edibles and hash.

Do you have any breeding planned your end X ?

Can't wait to follow your efforts! Glad you found TGA's stuff useful. He's someone who's taken a lot of time to share his knowledge on a number of different subjects related to cannabis, so g*ogle up on him more for some good reading.

Yes, I'm planning on either selectively pollinating somehow on a branch similar to what we were talking about, or I may just keep one male in the room and let him go to town. So I have a harvest with seeds?

I am kinda hoping to get a good Jact the Ripper male, and cross it with my OG Kush and Pandora's Box, etc. (Jack in the Box?). If I like JTR, I'm going to cross it eventually with a Chocolope (think Jackalope), and a Jilly Bean (Jack and Jill). See, they almost name themselves!

The Chocolope I grew last round is, by far actually, the best I've grown for my nerve damage pain, so I plan on including Chocolope in some crosses in a quest to make the best medicine for myself through selective breeding. It will take a while, and it's a new quest for me, but one I'm excited about. Chocolope crosses are for next round, though, as there are some things I want to perfect regarding cloning and breeding a bit better before I germinate my last Chocolope seed. (Bummed that I only have one more, and they're out at the seed banks as usual).

Can't wait to follow your efforts! Glad you found TGA's stuff useful. He's someone who's taken a lot of time to share his knowledge on a number of different subjects related to cannabis, so g*ogle up on him more for some good reading.

Yes, I'm planning on either selectively pollinating somehow on a branch similar to what we were talking about, or I may just keep one male in the room and let him go to town. So I have a harvest with seeds?

I am kinda hoping to get a good Jact the Ripper male, and cross it with my OG Kush and Pandora's Box, etc. (Jack in the Box?). If I like JTR, I'm going to cross it eventually with a Chocolope (think Jackalope), and a Jilly Bean (Jack and Jill). See, they almost name themselves!

The Chocolope I grew last round is, by far actually, the best I've grown for my nerve damage pain, so I plan on including Chocolope in some crosses in a quest to make the best medicine for myself through selective breeding. It will take a while, and it's a new quest for me, but one I'm excited about. Chocolope crosses are for next round, though, as there are some things I want to perfect regarding cloning and breeding a bit better before I germinate my last Chocolope seed. (Bummed that I only have one more, and they're out at the seed banks as usual).

At the moment i am just using what i have in the garden its my first attempts so im not realy trying to select any certain phenoms just successfully breed 2 plants and hope for a star, doubtful tho lol i have never grown out a purple strain before so i was very excited to grow the purps as its a male i guess this gives me the chance to breed and grow out my own purple strain to pop my purple cherry.

Iv read a bit on Reserva Privada OG Kush and it is supposed to be a very potent strain but hard to grow in your hands im sure you will have a master piece! My main objective is to cross the purps with Og, this has already been done and seeds are available to buy but as i have both strains growing these will be my first cross.

I will be following your breeding buddy cant wait to see what you create, very exciting not knowing what is going to come out of your work, i have added chocolope to my list of wanted strains mind you its about 6 foot long now :)

lookin good, keep it coming.

Thanks Vapin.

:peace:

I don't know much at all about breeding and males but keep up the work GodSpeed!

you are always doing something new!:thumb::goodjob:

Nothing like a little practice to learn I say ;)

Its been a while since iv had an update so though id show you guys whats been going on with the mothers for the 2L SOG.

Northan Light
IMG_11987.JPG

IMG_11959.JPG

Growth has been kind for Northern Lights and shes very happy and health, out of the bunch she is the tallest all tho my aim is to keep them very short she has lots of nodes growing and in a few weeks she alone will be able to fill my flower room with 2 Liter hempys.

Og Kush
IMG_120712.JPG

IMG_12199.JPG

Og Kush is a difficult girl to get dialed in but is still continuing to grow strong and healthy, she has less resistance to nutrients and drought then the others have she is always first to show signs of nutrient burn at her tips. I run the girls on a wet/dry cycle to allow there roots to spread and search for nutrients she is always the first to get a wilt on and cry for some water this might be that her roots structure is more advanced than the others and require more frequent watering.

Snow White
IMG_12239.JPG

IMG_122610.JPG

Snow white is a stubby little girl being the shortest of the group but having tighter inter-nodes she has more growth than OG Kush, i find myself chopping more foliage off her to allow better penetration to all the grow nodes im hoping she has a good stretch on her in flower. She is alot lighter shade of green with her stems being slightly thinner and softer than the others i think she will be a star when i come to cloning with more taking and quicker root growth.

Something missing ??

Ak 48 has now been put in the flower tent with The Purps and original kush, i will also be taking a cutting from all the other mothers to join them and will let The Purps pollinate the lot, i was originally only going to take a cutting from the AK and keep the mother for the SOG but i wanted to free some space and out of the 5 she was less desired.

The Purps

This is the last time you will see the most beautiful plant i had in this journal, he will now enter his very own journey and pass his purple gene on, he is the most stunning plant i have never experienced before he has this texture to his leaves that's thick like leather and chalky color that's so distinctive, the leaves have a resin coating it doesn't look like tricome glands more like a natural oil that smells like nettles (strange is this normal? ), the stems smell very skunky, thick and dark were more mature.

IMG_12398.JPG

IMG_12349.JPG

IMG_12305.JPG

Thanks for dropping in guys and sorry for the lack of updates on the girls around here, everything seems slow with the soil girls but dam they are loving were they got there feet. Hope you all enjoyed.

woo!
i love this sog journal!

hey im working on mine as well just starting it
i did the most random craziest way to germinate my fem seeds. but hopefully it works.

haha lemme ask you
how do you maintain your moms as for as TOP LST FIM etc
and how do you germinate yours seeds

i would love your input
your plants look happy

my moms are going to be in 5 gal smart pots

much appreciated ~
:adore:

Sounds like fun times ahead my friend!! Glad to see you moving along so nicely! It would seem there are a lot of us here lately, who've gotten the "Breeding Bug"!! I too am about to do some crosses, and our friend X has some exciting prospects in regard to crosses...Its quite exciting, at least to me!! I'll be watching:Namaste:

Beautiful plants! Snow White is a really great plant to grow. Easiest plant I've grown. All is looking good - nice looking dude, too - sounds like an interesting plant!

woo!
i love this sog journal!

hey im working on mine as well just starting it
i did the most random craziest way to germinate my fem seeds. but hopefully it works.

haha lemme ask you
how do you maintain your moms as for as TOP LST FIM etc
and how do you germinate yours seeds

i would love your input
your plants look happy

my moms are going to be in 5 gal smart pots

much appreciated ~
:adore:

Hello Spiri was hoping you would drop a comment some time :thumb: Im no expert to be honest man infact im far from it lol i just improvise and what ever seems to work i do again, techneiques i try dont come out to much i dont try again, with mothers i just give them a heavy prune every few weeks to produce more node growth for cloning, feed very little and make sure you are following a strict wet/dry cycle if in soil.

Iv used air pots is this a similar pot maybe these are the fabric ones ? There is a great grower on here called icemud i think he is using them check his grow out!

nice! i love that male, i have a gorgeous purple #1 male i will post pics of him soon less than a week in flower he showed me massive flowers and purple color hes getting bread with all my females!!:adore: i want your male for my collection lol a beauty!!!:adore:

Hey bro iv seen your male and Jeeeez!! hes a big boy bearing lots of pollen sacks, cant wait to see what you come out with!

Sounds like fun times ahead my friend!! Glad to see you moving along so nicely! It would seem there are a lot of us here lately, who've gotten the "Breeding Bug"!! I too am about to do some crosses, and our friend X has some exciting prospects in regard to crosses...Its quite exciting, at least to me!! I'll be watching:Namaste:

Hey Brother yes i keep seeing everyday more and more males in the journals and its great, to me both male and female cannabis plants are beautiful and it excites me massively what you are able to do the possibilities are endless!

Ill be watching your your breeding man!

Beautiful plants! Snow White is a really great plant to grow. Easiest plant I've grown. All is looking good - nice looking dude, too - sounds like an interesting plant!

Thanks X yeah they all seem to be on auto pilot, whack a bit of fish mix in there pots and let them be, miss the hands on now though you got with DWC and Ebb.

:peace::love:

Lets get down to Business

Finally the time has come to get some 2 liter hempys into flower i have decided to drop the verm/perl mix and go with coco coir i am so impressed with the results i have been getting i would be silly not to, i will be filling the res up with perlite and topping off with Coco Coir i was going to fill the res with hydroton but as i have bags of perlite i'm going to use this up first.

I started to prepare my mothers for taking cuttings on the 4th feb and for 5 days received nothing but plain water, i reverse foliar fed by misting them with clean water every morning my aim was to leech as much nitrogen out as possible and start to build up carbohydrate in there stems, leaves started getting lighter and growth slowed down this was my window to get the cuts.

These pictures are just before i took clones from each.

Snow white

20120216_184549.jpg

Og Kush
20120216_184744.jpg

Northan Lights
20120216_184909.jpg

When i was at the hydro shop i was offered to take some new cloning gel for free to test and let them know what i though of it, i have been a loyal customer to clonex and have purchased there gel for over 3 years and get great results but as theirs has a best before date i found i wasted so much it wasn't value for money so i agreed to try it out, to be honest i doubt you even need this stuff i have rooted with just plain water before but it gives that extra piece of mind and i think speeds things up a bit.

Dutch Master - Gold Range Replicator
IMG_12657.JPG

Tools For cutting;

-Propagator
-Root Riot cubes
-Scissors for clipping large fans down
-As always clean sharp blades is a MUST
-Spray bottle with light mix of Rhizotonic
-Glass of water for my clones to sit in while i am working

I took 4 cuttings from each mother giving me a total of 12, these were rooted over the week and today when inspecting the cubes there roots not only breaking out but growing into the tray below so i am impressed with the hormone gel and will be using again, i have uploaded a few pictures of the clones and roots that will be potted into there 2 liter bottles with in the next 2 days, exciting to finally get here guys :)

20120219_173951.jpg

20120219_174037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom