Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

re: Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

Maybe try without clonex? I dont seem to need rooting addatives with the aero cloner. Usually in my cloner its just water, tap or RO and z7 or a drop or two of bleach. I dont even ph.

I put Z7 in fresh water and it has to be added every 2 or 3 days. i would change out the water weekly. I noticed my success rate go down when i stopped my weekly water changes. I have been adding a drop of bleach every 3 or 4 days and seems to work well but i get a slime and loose clones if i dont change the water. Not sure if that helps.

Nice buds!

Maybe try without clonex? I dont seem to need addatives with the aero cloner. Usually in my cloner its just water, tap or RO and z7 or a drop or two of bleach. I dont even ph.

I put Z7 in fresh water and it has to be added every 2 or 3 days. i would change out the water weekly. I noticed my success rate go down when i stopped my weekly water changes. I have been adding a drop of bleach every 3 or 4 days and seems to work well but i get a slim and loose clones if i dont change the water. Not sure if that helps.

Nice buds!

Thanks. I may change it out again tonight with just plain RO and see what happens. Can’t hurt, that’s for sure. It’s got me baffled.

Appreciate the help bud.

GT,

I know you said you been doing it this way for a few years, but......

Harley Smith has a video on Youtube about cloning that is very good. The point in that video that sticks in my head is to only ever dip clones in clonex one time. Having them in a mild solution of it I think could be a problem. I would dip some new ones one time and try in straight water. When I was playing with my fog cloner the one thing I got from research was to not give them any nutes until you have roots, just water. Looking at your current clones you may be able to cut them off way above the black dead area, dip them and put into straight water for a shot at saving them.

GT,

I know you said you been doing it this way for a few years, but......

Harley Smith has a video on Youtube about cloning that is very good. The point in that video that sticks in my head is to only ever dip clones in clonex one time. Having them in a mild solution of it I think could be a problem. I would dip some new ones one time and try in straight water. When I was playing with my fog cloner the one thing I got from research was to not give them any nutes until you have roots, just water. Looking at your current clones you may be able to cut them off way above the black dead area, dip them and put into straight water for a shot at saving them.

i appreciate the help, but I think you’re confusing Clonex rooting Gel, and the Clonex cloning solution. Two separate products. I forgot to mention that I also used the Gel just after cutting the clone. I dip them in the Gel and then they go to the cloner with the cloning solution.

71FWcLIEXSL._SL1500_.jpg
618NFBQTvAL._SY879_.jpg

No issues JM. I really appreciate all the suggestions I can get. Don’t think I’m unappreciative, I’m just frustrated because I been doing this long enough to know what I’m doing...but, apparently not. :surrender:

I actually have some colloidal silver. I may just give it a go. Not right this minute since I have these two Raspberry Cough meds in flower.

There is a shimmer of good news however. I just checked when I went for my evening look at the girls. I’ve decided I’m going to give these clones another few days as ONE of them looks as though it may have a root nodule beginning! Please send good vibes this way. I did my part...as I left the room I said, “Root Bitch!” I figure I might as well try that since they been treated like little queens from day one. Time for something different. :tokin:

Root you stubborn little shit!!!

Sorry they aren't wanting to take. My only thought is if you dip your clone ends into clone-x it may have developed some bacteria in the container? But that should have been killed by the z7 so I'm at a loss. Your the grow guru... So if you figure it out be sure to share!

It has to be bacteria of some sort that got into it. Maybe in the spray heads or pump. When I clean out the cloner next time I’m going to run some bleach thru it for a few days. I normally do that, but maybe it wasn’t enough. Oh well, it could be worse.

That's sucks man hope they freaking root I Ben dien to.make some seeds but ant as easy as a spray n if u got fems in flower u can mess up the project but lmk pops wen u do some seeds def would like to c how u do it

Back
Top Bottom