Greenthumbs42019 1st Journal, Blueberry LED DWC

What is your average success rate with beans cracking and tap roots emerging? How many days on average before they show signs of life? I’m impatient sometimes I guess.
My success rate is pretty high. I’ve lost about 5 I think... not because of the method chosen, but more because they were the runts of the group. I’m not perfect but I feel the way I germ is a for sure way to germ seeds unless the seeds aren’t viable.

I always soak them in water for 12 hours, then tap the seeds down tI’ll they sick to the bottom. Let them sit there for another 12 hours(ish). Then put the seeds in paper towel that’s wet but not drenched. Fold the PT twice and into a sandwich baggy for another 24 hrs (ish). Then into peat pucks/ or first pot.

My success rate is pretty high. I’ve lost about 5 I think... not because of the method chosen, but more because they were the runts of the group. I’m not perfect but I feel the way I germ is a for sure way to germ seeds unless the seeds aren’t viable.

I always soak them in water for 12 hours, then tap the seeds down tI’ll they sick to the bottom. Let them sit there for another 12 hours(ish). Then put the seeds in paper towel that’s wet but not drenched. Fold the PT twice and into a sandwich baggy for another 24 hrs (ish). Then into peat pucks/ or first pot.
I only dropped 1 seed and left it in water for 30 hours maybe it never sunk, not even if I pushed it down. Now going on day 4 I think since it hit the water. Since I only have room for 1 plant I don’t want to waste seeds if possible l.

I only dropped 1 seed and left it in water for 30 hours maybe it never sunk, not even if I pushed it down. Now going on day 4 I think since it hit the water. Since I only have room for 1 plant I don’t want to waste seeds if possible l.
Absolutely, it sucks to lose any seed at all. I just checked my seeds. 10 out of 13 have cracked. Just waiting for the final three that I germinated late.
I find it the seed sits in water any longer then 24 hours, the seed gets water logged and turns non viable. I could be wrong, but that’s just the way it seems to me.

sometimes I need to tap it down quite a few different times before it sticks. Normally though, I’m my experience, if they don’t sink, more often then not, they’re not viable. I hope that is not the case. Get the seed out of the water and drop it into PT. Soak the Pt in your hand, lightly ring out. Leave it wet but not soaked. Fold the paper twice or three times, and put it in a sandwich baggy. That would have to be the last ditch effort to get it to germ. I hope it cracks for you man!!

Cure goes on, took some measurements though... 8 mason jars full at harvest now shrunk to 1/2 to 2/3s full, all hanging out at 61-63% RH.
Each jar weighed out at right below an ounce each almost... total 202g for 7.125 oz.
Each taste seems to be better than the last. Though jars still smell like hay some but breaking up the buds they smell nice.

Damn!! It sucks losing beans! Where were those seeds from?
Ordered the whole lot back on Black Friday (I think) in November. They have been stored in the original packaging in a cardboard box under my bed which is in the basement. So always 60-70 f and 40-55% RH. I tried scoring the 1st 2 with a sandpaper tube and some shaking, even cracked the shells myself with tweezers. Now in starter plugs. 3rd seed went in water till sank then into starter plug always using a seedling mat to warm stuff, sitting in darkness. Don’t think I am doing anything terribly wrong.

I always store my seeds in the crisper drawer of my fridge.

you sound like your doing things right.... idk what to say.... I mean I let soak for 12 hours, tap with my finger or what Evers around till it sinks. Let it sit for another 12 hours. Then a paper towel, soaked and rung out half way. Put seed in pt then in a sandwich baggy for 24 hours.. there’s usually a tap root atleast visible by then.. I hope you have some better luck!!

Dropped another seed yesterday in water, forgot to add h2o2, but it sunk and let it sit in there 10 hours maybe at the bottom. Put in PT and a baggie to try it that way. But not sure it’s going to get anywhere, thinking I somehow fried all the seeds I have. Ordered a bunch of seeds from seedsman yesterday too. Paid 70$ for 29 seeds, whole bunch of freebies because of 420 sales and used bitcoin to pay. Also ordered some aluminum black zip locks and 1g dry packs so they can be stored correctly in the fridge or freezer. My buddy also said he may have a couple seeds for me if mine don’t work. One of the free seeds I got were NH autos. Not sure I have the space but I like a challenge so guess we’ll see if I can keep the height under control when growing those.

Dropped another seed yesterday in water, forgot to add h2o2, but it sunk and let it sit in there 10 hours maybe at the bottom. Put in PT and a baggie to try it that way. But not sure it’s going to get anywhere, thinking I somehow fried all the seeds I have. Ordered a bunch of seeds from seedsman yesterday too. Paid 70$ for 29 seeds, whole bunch of freebies because of 420 sales and used bitcoin to pay. Also ordered some aluminum black zip locks and 1g dry packs so they can be stored correctly in the fridge or freezer. My buddy also said he may have a couple seeds for me if mine don’t work. One of the free seeds I got were NH autos. Not sure I have the space but I like a challenge so guess we’ll see if I can keep the height under control when growing those.
Good luck with the seeds I hope they work for you.

So this is my probably week attempt at a smoke report... been taking samples of lower stuff but tried a top cola tonight, thing was rock hard prob should have used a grinder. Smoke was smooth and slight berry flavored. High is nice.

On another note getting closer to a seedling taking, dropped another Girl Scout cookie in water & little h2o2 and it cracked and almost starting showing 1st leaves before I put her into the starter plug. Seems to be taking so hopefully this time it will grow.

Back
Top Bottom