Growing Against Alzheimers - A Purely Organic Experience

And what about ml to teaspoon...any conversions? LOL

"A standard dosing teaspoon holds 5ml."

But don't start with a teaspoon, work your way up to that...unless you want to. When I finished my first batch, I licked and swiped with my fingers as much as I can. Way past 5ml, didn't put me over but I had TONS of energy and giggles. ;)

I will start with 1/8 of a teaspoon and go from there. I don't want to be freaking out LOL. I am not a real heavy cannabis user anyways and always error on the side of caution.

I have the trim from 4 different strains and will be making batches for each strain. I will making with both EVOO and coconut oil to see if there is one I like better. This will let me try oil from an almost pure Sative (Durban Poison), a 50/50 hybrid (Blue Kush), another supposed Sativa (ATF) and an Indica dominant (Blueberry). Should give me different choices for different times of the day and I may play around with combining different ones together and see about the effect. I am all about running different experiments.

I like the idea of having different flavors from different strains, excellent idea. I will be attempting FHO most likely with our high thc strain and making up canna caps. I certainly know where to go for pointers now .

*:):):)

You'll want to decide if EVOO or Coconut oil will serve you better for caps. You can start researching which oil will serve your needs better. I haven't tried coconut oil but it's on my list, but Toasty has. You'll also want to try Lecithin which is a natural binder for your liquid in caps. You can get all your supplies on am*zon too, easy. So it's all good, I'm here if you need me.

*Not sure if you can do Coconut caps btw, I know the Evoo can sweat and sometimes leak but you aren't supposed to put too much in the caps anyways. I can do more research for you in the meantime GGG?

Hello Brainiacs,

Amidst my research into healing strains, I found this handy dandy web page from our 420 sponsor Seedsman. When I went to click on the Alzheimer's link it went to the Multiple Sclerosis page. They either linked the wrong page ORRR they don't have any recommendations for Alzheimers because the best strains for this disease is still unknown to date.

But at least they are the first ones to try this and I applaud them for that.

Maybe I can help them?

Medical Seeds | Seedsman

* Hi FP!

*This is my very first time fully accepting my diagnosis publicly and in my title. I'm scared of any backlash, but I have to risk it to heal myself. So this is yet, another step forward, exposing my life through my grow. Hoping that these risks also help others. Let's change the stigma ALZ has in my life, I can only do that by coming forward, no matter how embarrassed I am, no more hiding from the truth.
:

I couldn't help but subbed to your Journal. You are so strong to come out and bare your fears in public. Please don't fear any backlash. I guarantee you will find a strong support network here.

I think everyone here has been touched by a family member or friend affected by ALZ. I know I had numerous conflicts with my sister when my father was diagnosed with ALZ, she just didn't want to use that term and preferred to use dementia, she was buying into the stigma of ALZ. After a number of years being his sole caregiver I have to say that you are right on track and become an advocate for your own healing.

My hospice nurse sent me a number of studies on the use of Coconut Oil to help with cognitive function and to slow the progression of his memory loss. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

One thing I learned was that keeping his mind and body active really helped. I am sure that journaling and growing are a very positive for you.

Thanks for all that info G2! Just so I understand, is that 1 ounce fresh harvest style (washed and hung for 4 hours and then into the pot) or 1 ounce dried?

*Great question! You can use it fresh off the branch, just wash it. I let it sit out on my kitchen counter to air dry a bit while I'm getting ready, 4 hours hung, is a perfect time. Then you will take your frizzesh trim/leaves/bud and decarb them in the oven, which will dry out your plant material for you. Then I measure 1 ounce of decarb to use for oil and put it into the pot/MB2 machine.

*I am writing up my stove top method and will be posting it in the next week or two. I have the decarb method written too. Maybe that will interest you down the road too .

I couldn't help but subbed to your Journal. You are so strong to come out and bare your fears in public. Please don't fear any backlash. I guarantee you will find a strong support network here.

I think everyone here has been touched by a family member or friend affected by ALZ. I know I had numerous conflicts with my sister when my father was diagnosed with ALZ, she just didn't want to use that term and preferred to use dementia, she was buying into the stigma of ALZ. After a number of years being his sole caregiver I have to say that you are right on track and become an advocate for your own healing.

My hospice nurse sent me a number of studies on the use of Coconut Oil to help with cognitive function and to slow the progression of his memory loss. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

One thing I learned was that keeping his mind and body active really helped. I am sure that journaling and growing are a very positive for you.

*Thank you so much, I really appreciate caregivers feedback. You guys have so much to deal with. I think we need a caregivers day to celebrate the patience of our loved ones with us.

*Your perspective is so valuable, thank you for sharing.

*Coconut is EXTREMELY good for ALZ. I am going to do a coconut oil soon. The reason why I chose EVOO is because I love that taste, I am fighting off pre-diabetes so I need Omega 3 enriched goods. I love the fusion with the herb taste, that makes me salivate.

*I virtually drool for evoo right now so I'm listening to my body and started off with that. But I am very interested in coconut oil, just not excited about the taste with my super sensitive stomach.

*Yes Troy you're right, the journalling keeps my mind at the level I remember it being. I can slow down or post several thoughts. I stopped for 1 month, that's it to take a break. I could feel the fog coming back on within a week. Good to show how journalling is like medicine to me. Keep my head down and learn, learn and more learning.

* Also the growing keeps me active, but the horses keep me more active when I go to walk with them. But I don't get enough exercise that's for sure. I miss jogging. I had to stop that cause it was giving me headaches. I wish I could access an indoor track or soccer pitch.

* There are no services for younger patients with ALZ so there are no programs to access. That's why I have a medical team because this is so rare, they keep me active for sure...lol.

*How far along is your Dad if you don't mind me asking, you don't have to answer, I just want to send a virtual hug to him. :love:

You might like to make some canna pain cream, too at some point, Van. I use mine for breakthrough main between oil doses and it's just wonderful. I have a recipe if you're interested or you can just check out this thread:

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Good luck.

P.S. Felonious and I have Durban Poison flowering right now, too.

I will start with 1/8 of a teaspoon and go from there. I don't want to be freaking out LOL. I am not a real heavy cannabis user anyways and always error on the side of caution.

I have the trim from 4 different strains and will be making batches for each strain. I will making with both EVOO and coconut oil to see if there is one I like better. This will let me try oil from an almost pure Sative (Durban Poison), a 50/50 hybrid (Blue Kush), another supposed Sativa (ATF) and an Indica dominant (Blueberry). Should give me different choices for different times of the day and I may play around with combining different ones together and see about the effect. I am all about running different experiments.

Make sure if you're using lecithin that you're using organic liquid sunflower lecithin and not soy or powdered.

If you make coconut oil caps, they'll need to be kept in the fridge or they will go rancid.

Sue says she uses coconut oil for edibles and olive oil for everything else.

:circle-of-love:

*:):):)

You'll want to decide if EVOO or Coconut oil will serve you better for caps. You can start researching which oil will serve your needs better. I haven't tried coconut oil but it's on my list, but Toasty has. You'll also want to try Lecithin which is a natural binder for your liquid in caps. You can get all your supplies on am*zon too, easy. So it's all good, I'm here if you need me.

*Not sure if you can do Coconut caps btw, I know the Evoo can sweat and sometimes leak but you aren't supposed to put too much in the caps anyways. I can do more research for you in the meantime GGG?

*How far along is your Dad if you don't mind me asking, you don't have to answer, I just want to send a virtual hug to him. :love:

My father passed away a year ago. He had a very fast paced progression but also had 85% blockage of blood to his heart.

He was really good about finding ways to work around his memory loss and kept a notebook with instructions for everything from using the remote control to the tv to turning on the faucets to the shower. The scary thing was that he insisted on driving until 6 months before his death. I finally had to take his car keys from him. His anger toward me was sever and lasted for a couple month.

We were just talking yesterday that it would have been nice to have given him some edible marijuana. In his later stages we had quite a bit of trouble with his evening anger issues. The Dr finally gave us some "happy pills". While the pills weren't ideal and would really knock him out it allowed us to keep him at home until his death. In retrospect I think that a nice tincture would have been as effective without the side effects.

My father passed away a year ago. He had a very fast paced progression but also had 85% blockage of blood to his heart.

He was really good about finding ways to work around his memory loss and kept a notebook with instructions for everything from using the remote control to the tv to turning on the faucets to the shower. The scary thing was that he insisted on driving until 6 months before his death. I finally had to take his car keys from him. His anger toward me was sever and lasted for a couple month.

We were just talking yesterday that it would have been nice to have given him some edible marijuana. In his later stages we had quite a bit of trouble with his evening anger issues. The Dr finally gave us some "happy pills". While the pills weren't ideal and would really knock him out it allowed us to keep him at home until his death. In retrospect I think that a nice tincture would have been as effective without the side effects.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but more sorry that MJ wasn't available to make him and your family more comfortable. So my journal must have been a blast from the past. Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I promise to take his memory and have a oil dose just for him.

The suffering has to stop. This is why I'm trying to make this dosing oil information available for peeps like us. And for peoples who want to AVOID dementia altogether and brain disease, this is a promising avenue to take. I'm the guinea pig here without needles, more scans and happy pills. Really trying to pull this altogether for families too.

It's good to know you would have tried this sort of green therapy. It's like my counsellor said, it's such a terrible disease that there is nothing left to lose. Sorry to rant, I feel like I'm living in a glass box sometimes when I could be chasing butterflies, you know what I mean. I have no idea where this journey is taking me, but I'm gonna stay medicated and happy as long as I can. ;)

Your story, I honour...you're very welcome here. :Namaste:

Make sure if you're using lecithin that you're using organic liquid sunflower lecithin and not soy or powdered.

If you make coconut oil caps, they'll need to be kept in the fridge or they will go rancid.

Sue says she uses coconut oil for edibles and olive oil for everything else.

:circle-of-love:

Okay, thanks for the info, can we break this down a bit further.

*Rancid Caps if not refrigerated??? According to my research, caps, whether olive oil or coconut oil, canna caps must be refrigerated and that's a standard practice. It's exactly what I said before, it's because the air speeds up the expiration and canna caps are to be used right away.

*Don't forget, when you make Canna caps that the oil hardens in the caps and can cause them to leak. There is so much to cover here but I think we covered the most important point here. ;)

*Here is a quote about Coconut Oil for Toasty - "Coconut oil is perfectly suitable and stable for shelf or pantry storage for up to two years. Depending on the indoor temperature and the season, this could mean it is either a liquid or a solid. You can store coconut oil in the refrigerator, but it will be hard and more difficult to use."

*According to my research, SEALED oil jars, whether olive oil or coconut oil, can be stored outside of the fridge in a cool dark place, they have to be in air tight jars which is what we already do. They recommend fridge or cupboard, again keep in mind, once you put your oil in the fridge it will harden and tend to separate. It will change the consistency of the oil in the jar we dose everyday.

*So agreed, caps go in the fridge, sealed jars of oil can stay in the fridge or cupboard but must be sealed either way. Hope that helps everyone.

"Sue says she uses coconut oil for edibles and olive oil for everything else."

*Well dosing oil is edible? Do you mean for cooking/baking/creating edibles? Coconut oil is one of the primary medicines used for Alzheimers for dosing and caps, so this rule I'm going to bend to the limit. I understand it's a great basic instruction because in cooking desserts, you only would use coconut oil and not olive oil because it's a EVOO is savoury. So I think this is where it comes from. But for ALZ, I'm making coconut oil.

*Thank you for the great information HG, I hope you can come back and explain your informative comments more cause we want to learn from you. Gniiite cool chica:thanks:

I missed your start. :thedoubletake: So sorry to be late. I'll catch up now. :hug:

.....you don't mind if I tag along, do you? :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom