Growing Against Alzheimers - A Purely Organic Experience

d9e00ed52ff1c54d14d09756d7f97009.jpg

This is what you're looking for. Most health food stores carry it.

All caught up. Know what I love about being around you? You have me rolling on the floor with laughter all the time. :laughtwo:

The clones are kickin' it girl! :high-five: You're developing an eye for that shot that'll win the gallery contest. Good work.

*There is already a comfy cozy chair for you my friend. So glad you could make it! :Namaste::thanks:

Awwww....thanks. :hug: Let me do my best to be brief. :laughtwo:

There are approximately 17 drops per ml bud.. i work in a pharmacy, gotta know to figure out the days supply on eye drops and ear drops.

Thank you for this invaluable bit of information. :hug:

*Ooooh back nerve issues, okay I hear yah, so yes, continue on with what Toasty and I have recommended. I find that my popcorn bud and trim is most effective for my oil. You'll still get the potency of fresh harvest oil even if it was frozen, mostly. I like plant material in my oil too, because my grow is 100% organic, I feel I get a whole new kinda flavour.

When you're making an oil to treat chronic pain I'd think the best buds, holding the highest concentration of oil, would be preferred. Trim and popcorn make good oils, for sure, but not at the potency you'll get from good buds. Just a thought. :battingeyelashes:

"A standard dosing teaspoon holds 5ml."

But don't start with a teaspoon, work your way up to that...unless you want to. When I finished my first batch, I licked and swiped with my fingers as much as I can. Way past 5ml, didn't put me over but I had TONS of energy and giggles. ;)

Hahaha! I lick up more than 5 ml when I play with oil. I use bread to clean up the pots. :laughtwo: I'll admit I have a higher appreciation for the stratigraphic euphoric experience. LOL!

There you go. I encourage experimenting after your first batch.

The Indica should help with your back. The sativa/THC will attack global pain, CBD attacks global inflammation, FYI.

I’m excited for you!

I'm mighty impressed with how much you've learned, how bravely you expose yourself for the greater good, and mostly how your writing has improved. Girl......

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You visit my Threads thread, look at that long list, and decide I must be too busy. It's a common misconception, fueled mostly by my proclivity to be everywhere at once. :rofl:

Let me say this slowly, so you all can hear it.

I....am....never....too...busy. :circle-of-love:

I'm honored to be welcomed into this loving circle you attract. I'll take this spot on the floor, if you don't mind. Stopped sitting on furniture over two years ago. Something flipped in my brain and suddenly I had a new habit. :laughtwo: The brain is a marvelous piece of biochemistry. Thank you for being so passionate about learning how it works, and sharing what you learned.

Wait...there was more. :oops:

*:):):)

You'll want to decide if EVOO or Coconut oil will serve you better for caps. You can start researching which oil will serve your needs better. I haven't tried coconut oil but it's on my list, but Toasty has. You'll also want to try Lecithin which is a natural binder for your liquid in caps. You can get all your supplies on am*zon too, easy. So it's all good, I'm here if you need me.

*Not sure if you can do Coconut caps btw, I know the Evoo can sweat and sometimes leak but you aren't supposed to put too much in the caps anyways. I can do more research for you in the meantime GGG?

You can do coconut oil capsules. They just get solid in the fridge. Olive oil won't go solid in refrigeration, but storing them in the fridge keeps the seeping down. Olive oil loves to seep. Lol!

Any cooked oil is best stored in the refrigerator. This limits the possibility that it'll go rancid. Short term it doesn't matter. Light and heat matter more. My daughter keeps her week's worth of capsules next to her computer. I keep all of mine in the fridge.

The lecithin will speed absorbtion - read that to mean will speed onset. Once you strain the oils, add the lecithin, mix throughly and refrigerate for 24 hours. This allows the lecithin to encapsulate the oil-bonded cannabinoids. That's the "magical" step to better oils.

That, and making your oils with fresh buds, or something closely akin to fresh. Frozen meets this definition.

Hello Brainiacs,

Amidst my research into healing strains, I found this handy dandy web page from our 420 sponsor Seedsman. When I went to click on the Alzheimer's link it went to the Multiple Sclerosis page. They either linked the wrong page ORRR they don't have any recommendations for Alzheimers because the best strains for this disease is still unknown to date.

But at least they are the first ones to try this and I applaud them for that.

Maybe I can help them?

Medical Seeds | Seedsman

You can definately help them. They'd appreciate the heads up. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for all that info G2! Just so I understand, is that 1 ounce fresh harvest style (washed and hung for 4 hours and then into the pot) or 1 ounce dried?

That would be 1 ounce wet, if you're making FHO, but at 28 grams that's a light oil in my world. The measurement I use for the FHO that forms my family's base meds is double-strength, 400 grams of wet buds to 500 ml of EVOO. So I'm using 400 grams to that 28. The regular recipe uses twice that amount of olive oil.

FHO infuses as well as decarbs, and it's incredibly labor intensive. We're exploring ways to get the quality without the work. Low and slo-dried buds appear to be the closest, and a dehydrator looks to be as effective and dries a harvest in like three days. :laughtwo: I know, crazy, huh? But it works.

The method G2HM shared is a new variation on the theme, and apparently a rather effective one. :battingeyelashes: One of the delights of cannabinoid therapies is the many ways to reach the same goal - inspiring the ECS to get back to the business of spontaneously healing your cells.

Make sure if you're using lecithin that you're using organic liquid sunflower lecithin and not soy or powdered.

If you make coconut oil caps, they'll need to be kept in the fridge or they will go rancid.

Sue says she uses coconut oil for edibles and olive oil for everything else.

:circle-of-love:

Olive oil gets absorbed into the lymphatic system. Most inflammatory disease is treated by the immune system, and the doorway to that system is the lymphatic system.

For serious disease, you want to avoid the liver, and since the lymphatic system and the circulatory system intersect, you can use olive oil as a sneaky way to get into the system and gain time as they seek out cells that need their help.

Coconut oil oil gets absorbed into the bloodstream, after passing through the liver, where delta-9 THC will be converted into 11-hydroxy THC, and you get much higher. If that's your intent :woohoo: You also lose some of the medicinal qualities you often take THC for, like the ability to tell cancer cells to commit suicide for the good of the community.

Not all THC passing through the liver at any one time gets converted. It'll be back through again, and enzymes will have another chance. The circulatory system is very efficient. :battingeyelashes: We have competitive inhibition practices to help distract the enzymes further.

Coconut oil oil is also chosen when the disease you're treating is in the liver - the first stop for the medium-chained fatty acids like coconut oil, or for concerns that benefit from coconut oil. This sounds like one of those cases.

Should i be keeping my infused coconut oil in the fridge then? I am a little confused about that now.

Yes. It means you have to bring it back to room temp before you use it, unless you're using it in capsule form, in which case it doesn't matter. But yes, store all infused oils in the refrigerator. I love the taste of the infused coconut oils. Well, most of them. :battingeyelashes:

Twelve pages of love and joy. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? :kisstwo:

I didn't know that you were supposed to add the lecithin after you strained it. I've been adding it to the oil prior to adding any cannabis and heating the oil and the lecithin up together.

You can do coconut oil capsules. They just get solid in the fridge. Olive oil won't go solid in refrigeration, but storing them in the fridge keeps the seeping down. Olive oil loves to seep. Lol!

Any cooked oil is best stored in the refrigerator. This limits the possibility that it'll go rancid. Short term it doesn't matter. Light and heat matter more. My daughter keeps her week's worth of capsules next to her computer. I keep all of mine in the fridge.

The lecithin will speed absorbtion - read that to mean will speed onset. Once you strain the oils, add the lecithin, mix throughly and refrigerate for 24 hours. This allows the lecithin to encapsulate the oil-bonded cannabinoids. That's the "magical" step to better oils.

That, and making your oils with fresh buds, or something closely akin to fresh. Frozen meets this definition.

Olive oil gets absorbed into the lymphatic system. Most inflammatory disease is treated by the immune system, and the doorway to that system is the lymphatic system.

For serious disease, you want to avoid the liver, and since the lymphatic system and the circulatory system intersect, you can use olive oil as a sneaky way to get into the system and gain time as they seek out cells that need their help.

Coconut oil oil gets absorbed into the bloodstream, after passing through the liver, where delta-9 THC will be converted into 11-hydroxy THC, and you get much higher. If that's your intent :woohoo: You also lose some of the medicinal qualities you often take THC for, like the ability to tell cancer cells to commit suicide for the good of the community.

Not all THC passing through the liver at any one time gets converted. It'll be back through again, and enzymes will have another chance. The circulatory system is very efficient. :battingeyelashes: We have competitive inhibition practices to help distract the enzymes further.

Coconut oil oil is also chosen when the disease you're treating is in the liver - the first stop for the medium-chained fatty acids like coconut oil, or for concerns that benefit from coconut oil. This sounds like one of those cases.

Yes. It means you have to bring it back to room temp before you use it, unless you're using it in capsule form, in which case it doesn't matter. But yes, store all infused oils in the refrigerator. I love the taste of the infused coconut oils. Well, most of them. :battingeyelashes:

Twelve pages of love and joy. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this? :kisstwo:

And, thank you for explaining my regurgitation of a Sueism.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

You showed up at exactly the right time. :goodjob:

My beloved grandfather died from Alzheimer's. It's such a horrible disease. I hope with all my heart that your mission will be a successful one. I'll follow this journal with great interest

d9e00ed52ff1c54d14d09756d7f97009.jpg

This is what you're looking for. Most health food stores carry it.

Whats the difference in the powdered vs the liquid? Is one used for something different or can they be interchangeable?

420-magazine-mobile30588479.jpg

Just so everyone knows, I will be posting my oil and decarb notes next time I make oil.

Say good night to my flowering friends.

Gniiite .❤️.

Ooo they look beautiful G2HM! Very happy plants :circle-of-love: Glad to see all is well in your world

You might like to make some canna pain cream, too at some point, Van. I use mine for breakthrough main between oil doses and it's just wonderful. I have a recipe if you're interested or you can just check out this thread:

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Good luck.

P.S. Felonious and I have Durban Poison flowering right now, too.

Thanks so much for sharing that, will check it out. We are wanting to expand into creams. Ms Stank has some severe elbow pain that she can't seem to get rid of and she wants to try it out. I think she might have actually already subscribed to that link (I know I have seen her reading something with Magnus8 in the title) but I will certainly check it out.

Whats the difference in the powdered vs the liquid? Is one used for something different or can they be interchangeable?

They're not interchangeable.

Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components.

They're not interchangeable.

Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components.

Ok, I comprehend what that says, now can you break down why I am supposed to use one or the other for whatever reasons if you could please Sue (or anyone else). Sorry, I just like to know reasoning behind whys.

Originally Posted by InTheShed:
Thanks for all that info G2! Just so I understand, is that 1 ounce fresh harvest style (washed and hung for 4 hours and then into the pot) or 1 ounce dried?

That would be 1 ounce wet, if you're making FHO, but at 28 grams that's a light oil in my world. The measurement I use for the FHO that forms my family's base meds is double-strength, 400 grams of wet buds to 500 ml of EVOO. So I'm using 400 grams to that 28. The regular recipe uses twice that amount of olive oil.

FHO infuses as well as decarbs, and it's incredibly labor intensive. We're exploring ways to get the quality without the work. Low and slo-dried buds appear to be the closest, and a dehydrator looks to be as effective and dries a harvest in like three days. :laughtwo: I know, crazy, huh? But it works.

I have a wet weight/dry weight question. If you were using 400 grams of wet (and I'm guessing that means wet after washing and 4 hours of hang/spin dry), what will you be using for your new recipe with the low-and-slow or dehydrator-dried buds? Buds tend to lose a large % of their unwashed harvest weight when dried (and a greater % if they are weighed after washing), so how will you be calculating a grams/ml ratio with the dehydrator buds?

Enquiring minds want to know! Or at least I do ;) I can post this to the FHO journal if that's a better place for it though.

Glad that everyone is enjoying my journal. Oil questions are welcome to be discussed here.

I'm going through a really tough day, I'm staying in my bubble right now. Be back tomorrow. Big sigh

Thank you dear. It's all relevant to your journey, isn't it? I always love checking in and finding a conversation going on in my yard. It makes me feel like I made the place a welcoming space. :battingeyelashes:

Rest darlin'. :hug: :love:

InTheShed, I use 100 grams of dried bud in place of the 400 grams of wet. You're correct in your assumptions, that's 400 grams wet, after being washed and hung to dry for four hours. That spinning works so well, but I keep forgetting and cutting the branches too short to do so effectively. :laughtwo: I'll have to make a sign to remind myself next harvest. LOL!

I have a wet weight/dry weight question. If you were using 400 grams of wet (and I'm guessing that means wet after washing and 4 hours of hang/spin dry), what will you be using for your new recipe with the low-and-slow or dehydrator-dried buds? Buds tend to lose a large % of their unwashed harvest weight when dried (and a greater % if they are weighed after washing), so how will you be calculating a grams/ml ratio with the dehydrator buds?

Enquiring minds want to know! Or at least I do ;) I can post this to the FHO journal if that's a better place for it though.

Back
Top Bottom