How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

Re: How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

gotcha. I run photoperiod plants at 12/12 from seed and can determine sex in about 21 days.

Re: How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

With photoperiod strains when sex is known you can start spraying your colloidal silver a day before flip.

I'd get a new timer. :rofl:

Colloidal-Silver.png

Colloidal silver consists of silver particles suspended in a liquid.

Silver was commonly used to treat disorders such as epilepsy, gonorrhea, and colds until the mid-20th century.

Silver compounds are still used in external preparations such as antiseptics,

but there is a growing interest in using the colloidal form of silver orally as an alternative medicine.

It is often produced by home-made generators for this reason.

Silver is very unstable in it's suspension form and can easily bind to other particles.

That's why it's so important to use distilled water when mixing your colloidal silver.

Otherwise the silver will bind with the things found in tap, or even RO water, and lose potency.

You need the silver nicely suspended in pure water when your spraying it for feminized seeds!

Never smoke a plant that has been sprayed with colloidal silver!!

A sprayed plant is used to harvest pollen only, and discarded.

Thanks for reading! :)

Are you going to make seeds with Colloidal Silver? :thumb:

yea i wanna stop having to hold on to mothers cause i cant veg out clones big enough to get the size i want
out of them but seed plants after only 3 weeks of veg thrown into 12/12 does some nice stretching on its
own without having to veg long which i don't have the height space for :rofl:
also easier to hang on to the genetics i want to keep and feminized seeds always better to have
the only mother i want to have to hold on to now but im still gonna make seeds out of cs but since im crossing that particular og kush
with a gdp i wanna be able to back cross it 3 times and cube it so im still trying to get a male out of the f-1's
the first one is a female looks like its pulling more gdp than og kush
but yes i want to make seeds with cs i want a lot of them so i don't have to worry and especially when you find a phenol you like its easier to keep it in seed than have to buy a bunch of seeds to find the same phenol again
thanks to you and others who use cs and let us all have something to follow as guidelines to start with :circle-of-love:

yea i wanna stop having to hold on to mothers cause i cant veg out clones big enough to get the size i want
out of them but seed plants after only 3 weeks of veg thrown into 12/12 does some nice stretching on its
own without having to veg long which i don't have the height space for :rofl:
also easier to hang on to the genetics i want to keep and feminized seeds always better to have
the only mother i want to have to hold on to now but im still gonna make seeds out of cs but since im crossing that particular og kush
with a gdp i wanna be able to back cross it 3 times and cube it so im still trying to get a male out of the f-1's
the first one is a female looks like its pulling more gdp than og kush
but yes i want to make seeds with cs i want a lot of them so i don't have to worry and especially when you find a phenol you like its easier to keep it in seed than have to buy a bunch of seeds to find the same phenol again
thanks to you and others who use cs and let us all have something to follow as guidelines to start with :circle-of-love:

This may sound like a dumb question ut what do you mean by finding a Phenol? what is that all about?

Phenotype
"A phenotype (from Greek phainein, 'to show' + typos, 'type') is the composite of an organism's observable characteristics or traits, such as its morphology, development, biochemical or physiological properties, phenology, behavior, and products of behavior (such as a bird's nest). A phenotype results from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and the interactions between the two. When two or more clearly different phenotypes exist in the same population of a species, the species is called polymorph."

https://en.wikipedia.org Phenotype

This may sound like a dumb question ut what do you mean by finding a Phenol? what is that all about?
There are no dumb grow questions David. Anything you ask there's always at least one of us who didn't know the answer but didn't ask the question

what KJC said in layman terms is through the wide variety of genetics if a seed isn't stabilized which even if it is isn't 100% guarantee
that you will get the same phenol everytime
so it may show 2 or more phenotypes of whatever has been crossed into it
like say you had f-1 seeds from crossing a1 with b1
f-1 being the first cross the seeds can grow either way itll be a 50-50 chance to grow like a-1 or b-1
so youll show 2 phenotypes unless theres more crosses involved that has strong traits showing through
I hope that was a more simple explaination

F1 stands for Filial 1.

F1's are the offspring of distinctly different parental types used to produce a new uniform variety with specific characteristics from either or both parents.

That means the new hybrid will have a uniform phenotype created from dominant genetic characteristics of the parent plants.

The great thing about Colloidal Silver feminizing is the ability to create S1 seed from F1 crosses.

When breeding F1 strains you can sidestep the problems of F2 generation seeds, and duplicate the uniform characteristics, and vigor of a F1 generation.

S1 is first generation "self" pollinated seeds.

F1 stands for Filial 1.

F1's are the offspring of distinctly different parental types used to produce a new uniform variety with specific characteristics from either or both parents.

That means the new hybrid will have a uniform phenotype created from dominant genetic characteristics of the parent plants.

The great thing about Colloidal Silver feminizing is the ability to create S1 seed from F1 crosses.

When breeding F1 strains you can sidestep the problems of F2 generation seeds, and duplicate the uniform characteristics, and vigor of a F1 generation.

S1 is first generation "self" pollinated seeds.

great description thanks for that...

Great thread through and through!! thanks for starting it up and making it easy to follow...i cant wait to see it really getting under action...matter of fact i have 4 autos right now 2 or which just showed sex 2 days ago that i may use one to get some seeds out of.

So just to get this straight in my mind:
right now i have 15+ photo period mothers that im F'n sick of tending to all the time. i tried my hand at grafting to reduce plant count with no successes to date(tried 4-5x now)
so if i were to put lets say 10 of them into flower and start spraying with CS and got them all to produce seeds it would be the exact genetics just as if i were cutting clones correct??

would it be ok to do 10 at a time in one tent? could there be any cross pollination amongst the mothers??

also if i can do them all at once would i have to have it in a sealed enviro away from the other tent with flowering females. (both tents are in the same room, CS tent would exhaust into the same room in which the flower tents intake and exhausted from)??

Each plant should be isolated when producing pollen in a multi strain pollenation scenario.

Pulled away from the group, pollen harvested, and reapplied to buds to self pollinate.

In my journals grow plan I only spray one strain with Colloidal Silver about every 30 days.

So I avoid those problems, by breeding all the flowering plants in the grow with a single type of pollen.

There are no dumb grow questions David. Anything you ask there's always at least one of us who didn't know the answer but didn't ask the question

Excuse me Toker,

And there are those of us who think they ‘kinda know’ and when someone asks all this other information comes out! This education is priceless in my opinion!

Serendipitous learning at its best!

:passitleft:

Each plant should be isolated while producing pollen in a multi strain pollenation scenario.

Pulled away from the group, pollen harvested, and reapplied to buds to self pollinate.

In my journals grow plan I only spray one strain with Colloidal Silver about every 30 days.

So I avoid those problems, by breeding all the flowering plants in my grow with a single type of pollen.

thanks for sharing your knowledge :Namaste:

what is your take on doing this outdoors?? i live on 18 acres and could spread several plants fairly large distance from each other???

Might work out Ok. :)

But growing outdoors carries it's own contamination risks.

My preference is to make indoor seeds.

You have more control of your pollen/plants environment.

thanks for sharing your knowledge :Namaste:

what is your take on doing this outdoors?? i live on 18 acres and could spread several plants fairly large distance from each other???
I would think you might have to worry about flying bugs/bees carrying that pollen to your other plants too.

so indoors it is lol....
since i wanna get atleast 8 of these to seed its gonna take me quite some time and a fair bit of CS.

Ive read about being careful where you get your CS cause it can be diluted and possibly ineffective.
also that the size of the CS particle can play a role in its effectiveness as well.

so i started looking into it.

i found a CS generator which will allow us to make our own CS at whatever dilution you want, and apparently the particle size is based off of the quality of the generator and how it gets to the final product...

???? still researching just thinking that if i am goin to start making alot of seeds for years to come this can save alot of money..not to mention it has threaputic effects for humans as well...

Colloidal Silver Secrets: 7 Good Reasons to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver

The New Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator!

Hey Toker,If I wanted to seed a plant,say a female photo,would all I need to do is spray with the cs through out flower and wait for seed's?

It would work I guess. Better to section off the plant, and keep spraying the colloidal silver on the same branches. Once the sacs open pollination only takes a few days, and maybe even less. The branches can be removed, and because of the limited time frame it allows you more control over your pollen quarantine. :)

Thank's Toker.Would they all be female seed's?
Sorry,I am am new at this and have zero seed making/breeding exp..lol

Actully ,I think I read that in order to make all female seed;s I would need to collect pollen from the female that was sprayed and use it to pollinate another female.Does this sound correct?

Back
Top Bottom