Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpetual

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

Sweet set-up man! I am looking forward to following your cherry pie, I have some going myself currently 30 days. Looks like a great strain!

My Cherry Pie from my last grow turned out pretty good, it still is curing and hasn't really got the smell yet, but the bag appeal and the taste are really good. It actually does taste like cherry pie.. :) I think this one will even be better.

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

*comes crashing and stumbling thru the door,gasping breathing heavily* ok! everybody can relax.....gasp....im here...now!!! i ran all the way i had to knock down and old lady (and steal her walker!) i accidentally stepped on a midget/little person ...sorry buddy ....gasp,,sputter!...
didnt see you standing there my bad ! wow what a great a thorough first thread starter ice!!!
a most excellent start and you did some serious work getting ready :bravo:
i know your heart is set on advance led but i have news im more or less dropping here first (i did mention it in my journal)
but paul at budmaster II a sponsor is having me test a budmaster 675-xg it looks pretty impressive s i should have it here and up and running tomorrow, i am excited due to its impressive specs you should go have a look and follow along with my new journal for it (not yet started) i will post the link in my current journal and here if you like testing of the topled mars II will also continue

im excited to see your current run with new soil once you get your balance perfect bugs will not be interested in your plants there a great description of how this works on the a&g labs site if you have not already read up on it,, have you ever tried neem oil, i had my best results with gardensafe neem oil extract i picked up at homie d,
oh and im subbed btw:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey buddy just to jump in have you looked at Kind LED's they have the ability to dim and pick your light colour frequency. In new year I'll be building my own LEDs gonna go daft perhaps spend 6-800 on it but want to learn and then produce tailor made units. Sorry im rambling its just I always shoot big lol.

*comes crashing and stumbling thru the door,gasping breathing heavily* ok! everybody can relax.....gasp....im here...now!!! i ran all the way i had to knock down and old lady (and steal her walker!) i accidentally stepped on a midget/little person ...sorry buddy ....gasp,,sputter!...
didnt see you standing there my bad ! wow what a great a thorough first thread starter ice!!!
a most excellent start and you did some serious work getting ready :bravo:
i know your heart is set on advance led but i have news im more or less dropping here first (i did mention it in my journal)
but paul at budmaster II a sponsor is having me test a budmaster 675-xg it looks pretty impressive s i should have it here and up and running tomorrow, i am excited due to its impressive specs you should go have a look and follow along with my new journal for it (not yet started) i will post the link in my current journal and here if you like testing of the topled mars II will also continue

im excited to see your current run with new soil once you get your balance perfect bugs will not be interested in your plants there a great description of how this works on the a&g labs site if you have not already read up on it,, have you ever tried neem oil, i had my best results with gardensafe neem oil extract i picked up at homie d,
oh and im subbed btw:cheesygrinsmiley:

LOL Way to make an entrance BID!!! LMAO Thanks for the compliments on the start of my journal, I definitely want to keep up with this one much better than some of my last journals. Will have much more time now that I got laid off from my job (hopefully wont be long before I get a new one) I checked out the budmaster and it looked pretty decent. I wish some of these LED companies would let me test their products...Maybe I should ask...lol That Budmaster looks pretty nice. I definitely will be stopping through to check it out. I was going to get some of the TopLed ones, but they don't use a full spectrum to address the UV as well as they fall short in the blue green area, and also the yellow orange area by the way the websites layed out. I so far am considering the Advanced Led as the most likely purchase in the near future. Now just to make some money :)

For the pest control I have been rotating a 3 part spray regiment of Bonide Mite X, SNS spider mite spray, and Safer End all and so far I haven't noticed any mites or thrips at the current time. I will be going to the store hopefully tomorrow to pick up some ladybugs and let them go to town on my plants and this hopefully will keep my ladies safe for a healthy flowering. I just hope they don't get all over my apartment...lol

Glad to have ya around my journal BID, will definitely be keeping an eye on yours as well with the new LED test going.

Hey buddy just to jump in have you looked at Kind LED's they have the ability to dim and pick your light colour frequency. In new year I'll be building my own LEDs gonna go daft perhaps spend 6-800 on it but want to learn and then produce tailor made units. Sorry im rambling its just I always shoot big lol.

I took a look at the Kind LED and they seem to have a very nice product. I will have to do a little more looking around to see what my best options are at the time of buying but so far it looks like it will be advanced led. I too would like to make my own led grow light but I have very little electrical knowledge and a very small apartment so it wouldn't be much of a viable option right now. I hope that in the near future I will be able to make my own, with my own standards. I really would love to make one with the new cree ceramic metal halide replacement chips. The 2700k chip looks amazing for growing purposes and I would love to throw in a 5000K as well, and then support them with all the necessary blue, red, uv and ir frequencies.

Just wanted to do a quick update for my grow. Today would make Day 4 of flowering and the ladies are taking off good. They really seem happy in their new soil and I haven't done much since the watering a few days ago. Even though visually I haven't seen any pests, I have been continuing the pest sprays on rotation and tonight just before lights out I sprayed them, top and bottom of the leaves with Bonide Mite X. I really want to make sure that my tent is bug/pest free now, because later in flowering it will be very hard to control them if they get out of hand then. I also will be picking up some ladybugs to monch on any eggs and pests that may be remaining. Overall I am winning the battle and I don't see any mites or thrips at this time.

I will be mixing up a feeding tomorrow for bubble for 2 days. I will be doing a compost tea just to spark up the microbe populations and add to soil health and will be using a teabag of the soil I just mixed.

As far as my clones, they are looking very healthy and strong. I have been giving them 1x per day foliar spray of r/o water with a drop of superthrive, and a few drops of SNS systematic to make sure there are no pests carried over from the mothers. So far so good :)

Here are a few pics..

Clones.
DSC07369.JPG
DSC07371.JPG

Flowering Tent:

Front left Cherry Pie, Back Left SFV OG, middle front GSC, middle back blue dream, right front Ogiesel, right back UVH OG.

DSC07372.JPG
DSC073731.JPG
DSC07374.JPG
DSC073751.JPG
DSC07376.JPG
DSC07377.JPG
DSC07378.JPG
DSC07379.JPG

love the update, im thinking if this new light lives up to its claims of outperforming a 600 hps with 150% more output for 440watts its gonna get some attention, i know it would be worth the cash paul seems pretty convinced his light is gonna blow my mind so we will see, dhl didnt show yesterday so it should be today, ,i wanna be a bong for halloween lol

love the update, im thinking if this new light lives up to its claims of outperforming a 600 hps with 150% more output for 440watts its gonna get some attention, i know it would be worth the cash paul seems pretty convinced his light is gonna blow my mind so we will see, dhl didnt show yesterday so it should be today, ,i wanna be a bong for halloween lol

Thats pretty awesome that you get to test the lights out, I definitely would love to see a 440w light put out more light than 1 1/2 times a 600w hps. I will definitely look into them and see whats up. I definitely am feeling confident about LED's being up to par now with all the different grows going on here with success.

Hey everyone, Today is Day 7 of Flowering (since the flip) and still I am not seeing much as far as pistils forming yet, but the stretch has definitely started and already they have grown about 5" since a week ago or more. I have been doing a little supercropping to the tallest stems to encourage the axillary growth and so far it has been working, especially on the cherry pie, ogiesel and GSC.

I fed the girls a compost tea yesterday which composed of 5 gallons of r/o water with:
30ml of Adv. Nutr Carboload (sugars without the NPK)
30 ml of 2-3-1 hydrolyzed squid
1 tbsp of 3-18-0 fish bone meal 24% calcium
24ml of hygrozyme
1 teabag of my premixed soil.
32ml of SNS systematic drench
1 oz of SNS soil drench

This was bubbled for over 24 hours and had a dense foam on top of it when it was fed to the girls..today when I opened the tent, the leaves were reaching for the sky and they looked like they were so happy :)

I did notice that when my HPS came on, I spotted 2 thrips on top of the leaves of my cherry pie. I immediately squished them and followed up with a spray of Safer End All which is potassium salts and pyrethrins and neem extract. I've been trying to get a chance to go to the store to get lady bugs so if they are open I will get them tomorrow, if not for sure Monday. I just want to make sure to have them gone by the time my plants start budding. I've had them destroy crops very quickly and they multiply fast, so I want to make sure to get rid of them quickly. I think I may even get a azamax or azatrol soil drench or even use some mosquito dunks to see if they help control the reproductive cycle. I don't believe they are bad yet, but if there's 1, there is more..

So I shot photo's of all the buds that I pulled from my last grow....some turned out amazing, some just OK but overall I am happy with what I yielded. I definitely prefer the V-Scrog style of growing over just letting the plants go so I may very well in the near future be bringing the v-scrog back into effect.

OGiesel
DSC07395.JPG
DSC07395.JPG
DSC07396.JPG
DSC073971.JPG
DSC073981.JPG
DSC07403.JPG

GSC
DSC074042.JPG
DSC07406.JPG
DSC074082.JPG
DSC074092.JPG
DSC074092.JPG
DSC074101.JPG
DSC074111.JPG
DSC074111.JPG
DSC07412.JPG
DSC074132.JPG
DSC074141.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC074163.JPG
DSC074151.JPG
DSC074171.JPG
DSC074182.JPG
DSC074192.JPG

SFV OG
DSC074202.JPG
DSC074212.JPG
DSC074222.JPG
DSC074231.JPG
DSC074241.JPG
DSC074241.JPG

University Hills OG
DSC07425.JPG
DSC074261.JPG
DSC074271.JPG
DSC074281.JPG

And here are the photos of the plants in the flower tent today. The leaf shine is not due to high brix but to the neem spray that I gave them a few hours before the photo's were taken.

DSC07387.JPG
DSC07388.JPG
DSC07388.JPG
DSC07389.JPG
DSC07390.JPG
DSC07391.JPG
DSC07392.JPG
DSC07393.JPG
DSC07394.JPG

Here are my clones... I noticed that one has roots already formed and coming out of the plug...I only hope the rest are doing as good :) I also noticed that my Hawaiian seed looks as if it is splitting so it may also be popping up very soon. None of the other seeds have germinated yet.
DSC07429.JPG
DSC07430.JPG
DSC07431.JPG
DSC07432.JPG

Really nice camera work, Ice!! :thumb:

And I see you have a Hawaiian Snow! That's a fun seeding - she'll put on a nice show for you - she'll shame everything around her.

Really nice camera work, Ice!! :thumb:

And I see you have a Hawaiian Snow! That's a fun seeding - she'll put on a nice show for you - she'll shame everything around her.

Thanks Graytail. I wish I had a DSLR to shoot with but my point and shoot sony seems to do ok for being pretty old. :)

I'm not sure what variety of Hawaiian I have. A grower friend of mine went to Hawaii and she had a grower friend there who gave her a bunch of seeds that were from some Hawaiian strain they were growing. I've kept these seeds for about 3 to 4 years now and so I definitely hope that it pops so I will be able to see what I have to work with :) even if I get a male I will keep it and grab some pollen for future crosses :) I did get a chance to try an outdoor bud of this same strain that my friend grew and it was very pinapple fruity tasting with a very soaring sativa type high. I can't wait to see what she brings :)

I also am excited if my Holy Grail OG seed pops, it was from a few grows ago and I would love to get a male to cross with the GSC and even the Ogiesel to help bring out more hefty buds :)

The Purple DNA one was a gifted seed by a grower buddy of mine from Norcal who got them from someone he knows at DNA genetics. All he knew was it was some experimental purple but thats it. Hopefully I will be able to see what I get.

The other ones which are the purple steves x gsc and I got a chance to see what they produce when I was up in Norcal. Very frosty fully budded branches with a very stanky smell. Can't wait to try this one too :)

The camera you are using takes pictures very well, regardless those buds back a page make my eyes red wooo! Some killer looking herb there Icemud. A lot of OGs on your list caught my eye definitely going to sub up! :bravo: can't complain with some cherry pie either sheoot!

The camera you are using takes pictures very well, regardless those buds back a page make my eyes red wooo! Some killer looking herb there Icemud. A lot of OGs on your list caught my eye definitely going to sub up! :bravo: can't complain with some cherry pie either sheoot!

Welcome CA215!! glad to have ya here...thanks for the compliments!! I think I always will have an OG going, so damn good :)

Happy Halloweed everyone!!!!!

A quick update for Day 11 flowering.

Most of my clones rooted and so I transplanted 5 of them today while there are a few I am waiting to get stronger before moving them to 3 gallon pots. I moved to 3 gallon plastics: 2x GSC, 1x OGiesel, 1x UVH OG, 1x SFV OG, 1x Cherry Pie. The Cherry Pie, GSC and Ogiesel rooted very fast and branchy so I know they will thrive, however the 2 OG's didn't root very well at all so I think I will have to baby these and may possibly take another few clones off the early flowering girls since it is still before 2 weeks of flower.

DSC074441.JPG
DSC074452.JPG
DSC074465.JPG
DSC074485.JPG
DSC074491.JPG

I also have one seed so far of 5 that has popped and is reaching up out of the root riot plug. Its the one I got from up in Sonoma County called Purple Steve which I believe is a (purple trainwreck x afghani ) x GSC. I was pretty baked when he told me the crosses but I think that is correct. These ones are not feminized so I am happy with either male or female. I kind of want a male so I can cross all of the strains I currently have going and see what happens :) But only time will tell...I am going to wait another week to see it get roots and show some leaves before letting it hit the soil. So far none of the other seeds have popped yet but since the tray is still going for the other clones to root I might as well let them go as long as I can to see what else pops up.
DSC074473.JPG

As far as my flowering tent things are looking great and the girls are really looking happy as they reach up for the light and show lots of buds now forming on all the nodes. I have been continuing to spray them with a foliar feeding/pest spray every day to keep away any critters and kill off any thrips or mites that may remain. I called the local stores for lady bugs and they said they are out of season so I will be searching online to see if I can find any but so far the sprays are working and I have not seen any new signs of anything.

My foliar spray was a watered down version of my feeding below. Mixed at a 2:1 ratio with r/o water.

I also fed the girls yesterday because they were already dry and the weather has been semi arid as well so I figured it would be a great time to get them a drink. I mixed up 5 gallons of r/o water and added:
30ml of advanced nutrients organic B (7 different B vitamins)
25ml of Advanced nutrients carboload (deoxyribose, lyxose, ribose, Xylulose, Xylose)
40ml of fulvic acid (chelate)
30ml of 5:1 General Organics Cal/mag with humic acid
32ml of SNS 209 systematic pest control
80ml of SNS 203 Pest control
15ml General Organics Florablend (tea components from rock powders and plants)

DSC074522.JPG
DSC074512.JPG
DSC074532.JPG
DSC07454.JPG
DSC074552.JPG
DSC07456.JPG
DSC074571.JPG
DSC07458.JPG

Looking good man +reps!

Thanks for the compliment and the reps Backpackin!

Man Ice you have a ton of fun stuff going on in here :) i cant wait to see what happens with those beans bro, they sound rather special :) Everything looks great bro :high-five:

Thanks Curso, yeah I'm excited about the beans too. Its like presents at Christmas wondering what you got!! LOL I definitely look forward to seeing what happens. I just wish I had room for like 3 more tents... I then would be content with room for experimentation :)

So that Mars LED your rocking looks like it is doing a great job on your girls. LED technology really has me wanting to convert and I know it will be soon :)

Ok so today I added a few more backup products to my best control arsenal. First off I am having a hell of a time spraying the leaves and making sure I get full coverage with the typical hand pump style spray bottles so I decided to get a pressurized sprayer with a wand so that I can more accurately cover all the leaves and really reach in to my foliage. I have read many growers love these things so I decided it is very much worth the 20$ price tag to get one.

Even though I haven't seen any thrips in my tent in over a week, I really want to make sure that they are dead and won't destroy my grow as flowering is underway, so I picked up 2 products that are reviewed very well over the internet for thrip control. I picked up some Bonide Insecticidal Soap with is organic and used to control mites and thrips as well as other pests. I also picked up a product called Captain Jacks Deadbug which is a Spinosad which I have read over and over will rid thrips goodby. I picked up a 3rd product for protection called BonNEEM which is Pyrethrins, Neem Oil extract and Piperonyl Butoxide which will make sure to protect my plants.

I will continue using these products on rotation every 3 days for the next week to 2 weeks and hopefully by then all the little buggers (if there are any left) will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom