In The Lab

Good morning Delta, Sue and anyone else having problems in bloom.
Everyone has to remember that Doc has always said ..if your using smaller pots in bloom like 5 gal.you must initiate bloom
Right after transplant.Thist way u will have NO issues with plant health deep into bloom. Sue..hat plant was and has been in that pot for too long.Its perfectly ok to use 5's but ya gotta follow Docs lead , and bloom in them right away ok!!
I get away with vegging longer cuz of the big pots i use..period. Sue my advise is to simply follow directions and grow like Doc...especially if your using 5's...ok.
Its not hard....the longer our mature ,fast growing plants are in pots like 5's....the more of a chance to have some issues.Please remember....Doc had never advised an extended veg . in 5 gal. pots and always flips right after transplant.
Posted this from my phone....bahhh!
Have a great day gang!

Thank you Duggan. You hit me at just the right moment. :hug::hug::hug:

I accept full responsibility for this, and forgive the frustration. I'm using the kit because I believe in it. I missed the Transplant-to-flip opportunity with her, and it looks like she'll lose all her fans. Her sugar leaves are unaffected so far, but it's flowers we grow.

Next plant up is a CBD Critical Cure, and I'll flip her on the day of Transplant. So far she's holding nice in one gallon.

Thank you all again. I wish there was something more I could do for her. She just had a Recharge ten days ago. Looks like it's get her to harvest. These setbacks of mine never result in less than stellar produce. Thanks for that too Doc.

I accept full responsibility for this, and forgive the frustration. I'm using the kit because I believe in it. I missed the Transplant-to-flip opportunity with her, and it looks like she'll lose all her fans. Her sugar leaves are unaffected so far, but it's flowers we grow.

Next plant up is a CBD Critical Cure, and I'll flip her on the day of Transplant. So far she's holding nice in one gallon.

Thank you all again. I wish there was something more I could do for her. She just had a Recharge ten days ago. Looks like it's get her to harvest. These setbacks of mine never result in less than stellar produce. Thanks for that too Doc.
Sue...the Recharge will help her but there is nothing like fresh soil.I know you wont do this but..lets just say you could up pot her into say a 10 gal......she not only would recover nicely ...she would thrive in it!Please...next time if you still wanna use the 5's...make sure to grow her as long as possible
In the 1's...then flip when you transplant into the 5's ok!
Cheers..

Top dress with a bit of Root! and that will help you make an emergency landing at harvest time. Use lots of GE....it has the most calcium.

Sue...the Recharge will help her but there is nothing like fresh soil.I know you wont do this but..lets just say you could up pot her into say a 10 gal......she not only would recover nicely ...she would thrive in it!Please...next time if you still wanna use the 5's...make sure to grow her as long as possible
In the 1's...then flip when you transplant into the 5's ok!
Cheers..

You have my word I'll flip at transplant from now on with the five gallon pots, because that size is much easier for me to handle. She's halfway through flower Duggan. Do you think a transplant to ten would be safe?

Top dress with a bit of Root! and that will help you make an emergency landing at harvest time. Use lots of GE....it has the most calcium.

As you know, I just ordered a good quantity of Roots! :cheesygrinsmiley: How timely, eh? I appreciate the idea about Energy. That sounds more sensible than transplanting her. She's drinking every three days. I can make the next drench Energy and hold the CAT off one more cycle. Under these lights she should do well regardless.

My goal is to show off the system Doc, not to continually demonstrate the danger of not following instructions. My apologies. At least we all get to watch me make corrections and trouble shoot, eh? Not quite where I envisioned positioning myself, but if it helps the cause, better me than someone who really can't afford to make these avoidable mistakes.

I'll do my best to get her to harvest looking less wounded.

You have my word I'll flip at transplant from now on with the five gallon pots, because that size is much easier for me to handle. She's halfway through flower Duggan. Do you think a transplant to ten would be safe?

As you know, I just ordered a good quantity of Roots! :cheesygrinsmiley: How timely, eh? I appreciate the idea about Energy. That sounds more sensible than transplanting her. She's drinking every three days. I can make the next drench Energy and hold the CAT off one more cycle. Under these lights she should do well regardless.

My goal is to show off the system Doc, not to continually demonstrate the danger of not following instructions. My apologies. At least we all get to watch me make corrections and trouble shoot, eh? Not quite where I envisioned positioning myself, but if it helps the cause, better me than someone who really can't afford to make these avoidable mistakes.

Sue....no...its not too late....just sayin ok! She still has 4 to 7 weeks left right? Up to you!

I think with everything you've learned so far, when you actually do veg a small plant and bloom it right away, you'll be surprised with the results. I do wish you'd use 7 gallons instead of 5....but with a small, fast plant 5 gallons will still deliver something.

I think with everything you've learned so far, when you actually do veg a small plant and bloom it right away, you'll be surprised with the results. I do wish you'd use 7 gallons instead of 5....but with a small, fast plant 5 gallons will still deliver something.

Good point Doc. I have 7 gallon pots, and at the moment I have an exciting Carnival vegging in one. Hmmmm.... She's been in that pot a while now, and it might be a good idea to upcan to ten with her as well when I'm ready to flip.

I still want to use five gallon pots, but I'll be careful to make it faster chemovars. I grow a few of them. The rest I'll stick to 7 gallons, flipped at transplant, and plan to have one or two at a time, max. I think I'll put the Jamaican into ten gallons tomorrow, after she's dried out a bit more. Lessons learned. I appreciate all the help guys.

A question for you Doc. The Jamaican had her Rescue drench and it's going to be time for the next drench in a day or so. Her last two were a strong Trans followed by the Rescue. She's halfway through flowering and hasn't had any CAT yet. I'd like your advice on which drench to feed the soil next.

She's still in the five gallon pot. I wasn't comfortable transplanting this far into flowering.

A question for you Doc. The Jamaican had her Rescue drench and it's going to be time for the next drench in a day or so. Her last two were a strong Trans followed by the Rescue. She's halfway through flowering and hasn't had any CAT yet. I'd like your advice on which drench to feed the soil next.

She's still in the five gallon pot. I wasn't comfortable transplanting this far into flowering.

Hi Sue,

I wouldn't do the Cat. Just follow through alternating Trans/GE, finish on GE. It will probably come out better, given the circumstances. You won't be dissapointed with the product. Next time, you'll get the whole effect.

Hi Sue,

I wouldn't do the Cat. Just follow through alternating Trans/GE, finish on GE. It will probably come out better, given the circumstances. You won't be dissapointed with the product. Next time, you'll get the whole effect.

OK, sounds good. I was wondering if that was a viable possibility. She's frosting up like mad and the blossoms are already going purple. :woohoo: I'm harvesting a hempy CBD Critical Cure tomorrow and replacing her with one in soil. I've decided to listen to you this time and upcan her to 7 gallons instead of the planned 5 and flip her right off. I'll get to see what I should have been seeing all this time.

Doc... thanks for being so patient with me. :circle-of-love:

OK, sounds good. I was wondering if that was a viable possibility. She's frosting up like mad and the blossoms are already going purple. :woohoo: I'm harvesting a hempy CBD Critical Cure tomorrow and replacing her with one in soil. I've decided to listen to you this time and upcan her to 7 gallons instead of the planned 5 and flip her right off. I'll get to see what I should have been seeing all this time.

Doc... thanks for being so patient with me. :circle-of-love:

It's gonna be great to see it actually work out for you. You're going to like it!

I just opened one of my bins of soil and found this.

IMG_88045.JPG

IMG_88053.JPG

Any idea what I'm looking at?

I just opened one of my bins of soil and found this.

IMG_88045.JPG

IMG_88053.JPG

Any idea what I'm looking at?

If they've been stored indoors and haven't been exposed to outside spores and such, I think you're seeing mycellium from all the critters in the soil.

How does it smell? Stir it up before using it if it smells right.

For the record, we have NEVER heard of soil going "bad." dormant due to cold temps? Yes.......but never "spoiled." You should be fine.

If they've been stored indoors and haven't been exposed to outside spores and such, I think you're seeing mycellium from all the critters in the soil.

For the record, we have NEVER heard of soil going "bad." dormant due to cold temps? Yes.......but never "spoiled." You should be fine.
Betcha that opened up your eyes eh SS....lol

Thanks Doc, that's what I suspected. It smells wonderful. :battingeyelashes:

Betcha that opened up your eyes eh SS....lol

Lol! It did make me pause Duggan. :laughtwo: I used another bin to transplant my baby while I waited for response.

Flowering lighting begins today.

IMG_88084.JPG

IMG_88094.JPG

I'm looking forward to having it work too Doc. I feel good about this one. She's been managed properly from the start.

It looks a bit cold and wet.....what are your temps?

She looks wet because she was just drenched. Temps range around 73 degrees. She was looking perky and happy by the time lights went out.

Back
Top Bottom