In The Lab

Welcome to the Dank Side! :passitleft:

Haha, love it Gray!

Hey Wren! I think this is the journal you are looking for, Darkscotia Apprentices Doc Bud - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

I don't know of a newer set of instructions than the ones a few posts down on page one of my 1st Brix journal, Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

The only thing I think has changed is drenches can be doubled, I think directions say .5-1ml per gal of soil but lots of people, myself included are dong 2ml per gal of soil EXCEPT FOR THE CAT DRENCH WHICH IS STILL .5-1ml.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way!

Rock on!

:theband:

Welcome to the Dank Side! :passitleft:

Haha thanks Gray :Namaste:

@ween, :thanks:

I read it a while back and forgot *facepalm*. I Was all over the place reading from recent posts. Then heading back all the way to 2012 working back to now.

Thanks for the tips, and I sure will. So anxious to get this kit. Hoping I can begin this HB grow around Halloween time. Until then I’ll be dropping by other Kit grows. Collecting supplies and finishing my current Gorilla OG auto grow.

Once I finish that grow I’ll be coming to 420Mag for all future grow journals. GD needs work. The server is so laggy just to enter anything. I suspect way to many uploads and their server can’t handle it. Nice platform but it’s lacking revamping. Can’t even show what brand of lights ur using or model. Atleast on 420mag we can enter data in text Lag Free.

I use 355W of Perfect Sun LED. A Dwarf Star + a Mini. What do you guys think of that in a 3x3? I’m a little worried the HB plants can handle more light then I can provide. I’m guessing the DS can output like 500-600 PPFD. The mini I’m less sure on. Maybe 300-400? Neil claims 300Par. Also I’m interested in a UVB/A light for supplement. I’ve heard the UV and some far reds in current LeD is hardly effective like 5-10% max for what our plant really wants. For $150 I can add two tubes and provide this extra boost in Spectrum. Just an idea. I COULD.. also buy a bigger tent and drop $1600 on HLG 550V2 or DIY Quantams. But that gets pricey fast. Mixed lights intrigue me. Gavita+LED+UVB. AnDiy Cobs aswell.

I recall doc saying I could use up to double the light with these plants. I only have a 3x3 to grow in but I think 4 plants. Each in a 7gal Nursery pot should fill the tent nicely and hopefully not to much. I’ll try to LST a bit. Coupled with a Doc’s tips on pruning and potentially topping.

Strain will play a huge variable here. My only fem Seeds I currently have are SLH , Blueberry, and WW by Canuk Seeds.

And 5 Lemon Kush Headbands by HSO. I can pop by my local grow shop and they have more that I’m willing to try like Dinafem OGK. Master Kush by HSO. Strawberry Cough by DP or Dinafem. Anything more landrace like you guys are saying works better. Wish I could try Docs Lemon Paki. I love his grows and pics of those :drool:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Happy growing gang :circle-of-love:

Indeed, strike down your pH pen and your journey to the Dank Side will be complete....I have foreseen it. :yummy:

Howdy Doc! Astalavista PH Pen :rip: Hello Dank Side :cool: :theband::adore::bongrip:

Hey Guys hope all is well! So I got my kit and everything needed. Except... the EWC! I could not find any 1-0-0 in my area. Not sure if I want to go to amazon for EWC but I’m sure the weight will be expensive. I did find one there that was 1-0-0 the Wiggle Worm in green/white bag.

I do have 20-30lb of waytogrow African night crawler worm castings. I called the company and the lady said they were

0.24 / 1.02 / 0.69

Not sure if this was the NPK or some line in a soil test.

Is this okay to use ? Will EWC with 0.5-0.5-0.5 be okay? If so what tweaks if any would I do with the kit ?

Thanks in advance :circle-of-love:

-Wrenn

Go with wiggle worm. I just ordered 60 lbs from the zon with free shipping. It is the same price as in the stores.
Neiko, and are you in Canada? I checked wiggle worm and I believe they are in Wisconsin. I’ve been slammed before by ordering off Zon to Canada for ridiculous import fees and shipping fees. Just wondering if that free shipping is within Us only. Would hate to spend $100+ for a $20-25 bag of EWC.

Thanks a lot for the input Neiko / Duggan

Ken.....ya...your right...I'm in Canada and lemmy tell ya...shipping anything in from the states is very costly..so great idea to inquire first.
Enjoy your day sir!

Yeah normally I wouldn’t be bothered to be so cautious with ordering stuff online. But with anything heavy I have to be careful. Last order that was 25lbs went for $100 shipping and another $125 import fees!

Duggan or any other Canadian Kit users could you guys let me know where your getting your EWC and for what kind of cost?

I do have 30lbs of newly bought ones but these waytogrow African Nightcrawlers I’m worried aren’t optimal. Even if they aren’t optimal I just want to know if they are useable. Itching to get this Bale cooking before thanksgiving weekend hits.

I keep buying seeds for Doc’s Kit lol. I picked up HSO Rasberry Diesel & Mango sapphire!

Plus I got the Lemon Kush Headband. I have never grown in 7gal pots but I’m worried on the size.

My tent is only a measly 3X3 and I want to try and do 4 plants in the 7s. With my 355w (wall draw) of Perfect Sun LED’s.

Was thinking I could go with a shorter 4 week Veg?

I could LST / SCROG if needed aswell. Sorry I’m I’m making these small decisions or worries a big deal just want to know I’m making the best choices for this first run in the kit.

:smokin: Cheers guys and :thanks:

Hey Wrenn! Sorry I can't remember who from up there found a place online for EWC with free shipping but if I think of it I will let you know. Maybe post the question in Doc's Q&A thread too...? I think you'll be fine with 4 #7's in your 3x3 but you really don't want to do a short veg. It's important to follow directions, especially for your first few runs and vegging until they drink every day or two and have a good root mass is advised. Then you upcan and flip on the same day. If you want to slow them down, top, supercroppng and other things can slow em down.

:passitleft:

Ken..mornin to ya.With me...i just call around to many of the local nurseries and inquire.I NEVER order my PM or EWC's from south of the border...only Docs gear...thats it.
Try calling Sheridan Nursery in Kitchener.I sometimes get my EWC from them.Or Johns Nursery in Waterloo.
We have everything right here bud. Lemmy know how ya make out K. Cheers

Hey Wrenn! Sorry I can't remember who from up there found a place online for EWC with free shipping but if I think of it I will let you know. Maybe post the question in Doc's Q&A thread too...? I think you'll be fine with 4 #7's in your 3x3 but you really don't want to do a short veg. It's important to follow directions, especially for your first few runs and vegging until they drink every day or two and have a good root mass is advised. Then you upcan and flip on the same day. If you want to slow them down, top, supercroppng and other things can slow em down.

:passitleft:

Thanks Ween and no problem lol it happens :rofl:

Sure I’ll swing over and post there aswell.

Yes my only thought for shorter (4week still) is from the fear of plants getting to large. But I’ll just go for it with the 4 #7s and see what happens. Worse case is the tent is an absolute jungle and I prune some or HST / Super Crop.

Docs kit is based on a typical 10week schedule and 4 weeks are veg. But I’ll take that into mind that I want a veg that fills the pots with roots just until rootbound and that they are drinking every day or two.

Thanks for the tip/reminder.

Ken..mornin to ya.With me...i just call around to many of the local nurseries and inquire.I NEVER order my PM or EWC's from south of the border...only Docs gear...thats it.
Try calling Sheridan Nursery in Kitchener.I sometimes get my EWC from them.Or Johns Nursery in Waterloo.
We have everything right here bud. Lemmy know how ya make out K. Cheers

Morning Duggan :ganjamon:. Sure I’ll get on that tonight. Lol most places are dumbfounded when I ask what the NPK ratios are for their EWC on hand. After a long wait I get some super unsure answer. I couldn’t find any EWC at my local grow shop in South Mississauga that had a NPK listed on the bag. They are just said visit website for technical specs. Even on the website no info!

I’ll try Sheridan thanks. I’m working in the Sheridan neighbourhood of Mississauga today. I live in Milton so there is a fair bit of garden centres / nursery’s around including a few Sheridan’s. Thanks for the idea Dugg :cool:

I order mine from Toronto I believe the place is called holland industry. They charge you some shipping but not as much as getting it from the states.

Thanks TD. Found the 1-0-0 “Wiggle Worm” that I spotted on Amazon at Sheridan Nurseries in Mississauga.

Location is Southdown & Lakeshore. All Sheridan Nurseries carry these and they are $29.99 for a 7KG bag.

:thanks: Duggan for your tip.

Sorry I didn't realize you were in Canada. It looks like you got it covered though.

Don’t be silly! I’m thankful for trying to help me :adore:. All good on the EWC now. $68 tax in for 30lbs ! Hopefully next time I’ll find a better deal. Time to get this soil mixed up :cool:

Back
Top Bottom