J & K Perpetual Grow Log - Soil

And here is how it looks like today! :) It's almost done and looks great. It's gonna be flushed on saturday or sunday and then dried out :)

IMG_181826.JPG
IMG_181619.JPG
IMG_181521.JPG

Beautiful Autumn season like colors. I'm loving all your different projects. :thumb:

hey guys, here is a little update!

we can begin with this little yummy we made out of a handful of sugar leaves from a previous grow. we got 0.5 grams some really potent qwiso hash
IMG_186914.JPG
IMG_186716.JPG

This is one of the Critical +. as you can see we experiment a lot with different techniques, but we also try different feeding for our plants to see how much we can push them. this one has gotten the most nutes, and is clearly the biggest of the three criticals.
IMG_184316.JPG

here is the second critical +, a little smaller, we are just going to let it grow like it is right now, with that i mean we are not going to tie the branches down or anything, like we did with the others.
IMG_184615.JPG

this is the OG kush, its been in veg for a little longer than the criticals and its on its way to become a monster. its in a 18liter pot. it is going to veg for at least another 20 days because we want it to grow taller.
IMG_184413.JPG

i modified my fluxing today. i was getting really tired of all the garden wire. i felt like i couldnt tie the branches down tight enough, and all the wire was just getting in the way. when i lifted the plant some of the wires could loosen up etc. i just got tired of it. so i had to go all Mr. Miyagi on the plant.
this is how it looked.
IMG_184018.JPG
IMG_183516.JPG
IMG_183014.JPG

so the first thing i did was get some skewers
IMG_185317.JPG

i also recommend a good pair of scissors because of all the tight spots when you defoil. i use these
IMG_185521.JPG

so what i did with the skewers and the garden wire was this
IMG_185621.JPG
IMG_185724.JPG
IMG_185822.JPG
IMG_186219.JPG
IMG_186124.JPG
IMG_185925.JPG
IMG_186324.JPG

i am much more happy with the result now, i think its easier to control the growth and tie the branches just like i want them and tighter than with only the wire. i dont think i can use this method all the way, but at least until the branches become longer and easier to control. then i think i will remove the skewers and tie it down with only the wire again.

i dont know if pushing the skewers down the soil will damage the roots, so if someone could give me an answer to that i would be very happy. i have of course cut off most of the skewers so they are maybe pushed +\- 1 inch in to the soil.

i also got to say that if you are going to flux, you better be patient. all the three criticals were germinated at the same time, and you can clearly see how much more time the plant needs to grow when its fluxed.

I essentially did the same method with rigid gardening wire. I would make a elongated U shape and stick it into the soil to hole down flux arms. It worked well. Some of mine went in 4" or more. I don't think disrupting the roots causes that much more stress than you ready do with a fluxes plant.

Subbed and that hash of yours is looking might tasty. That flux of yours is looking mighty bondage like. Me personally I probably be to nervous about putting all those sticks in the ground or maybe I'd put plastic in whilst it was a seedling. I agree with the nutes not being on a exact plan just give what you think when you think sometimes I'll just put water in if they look happy then their happy. Awesome looking plants btw. :morenutes:

Hello :420: !! :welcome:

Here is an update for y'all! :)

So, we finally cut down the plants in the flowering tent. It is still drying so I have not got the dry weight yet, but will return with numbers for your pleasure! :)

IMG_192914.JPG
IMG_192519.JPG
IMG_191920.JPG
IMG_190215.JPG
IMG_190617.JPG

Here you can see everything in it's wonderful glory! :)
We tried out Doc Bud's bud washing technique
Sorry about not havin' any pictures on that part, but we spent 6-7 hours on cleaning everything and cutting down and then cleaning the room and so on. But I will tell y'all about it.

We had one 3 g bucket with lemon juice and baking soda.
One 3 g bucket with pretty warm water and the last 3 g bucket with the coldest water we could get from the tap.

First off: The first bucket of water was filthy when we were done, so I'm confident we made the right decision.
If you grew carrots in your growroom wouldent you wash them before you smoked them? :tokin:
Hehe :)

We don't have as much room to dry our buds in, but we bought a small, but tall Secret Jardin tent and bought Dry-It racks that fit perfect. The buds came out sparkling, and (maybe just my eyes getting tired) but I imagine they are a little greener after the wash. I will give a report on the bud washing when I'm medicating in about a week or so.

IMG_194115.JPG
IMG_194217.JPG
IMG_194314.JPG

Here is the final for the Big Bud who split in half!
Amazing, in started out as one little plant and became two in one pot...
Have anybody seen this before, and does anybody have an explanation? :)

Here is how the flux project looks like nowadays! :D
We defoiled it pretty hard earlier today, so we are going to give it some time to rest and regain strength :D

IMG_193415.JPG
IMG_193519.JPG
IMG_193618.JPG

All input are veeeery welcome!
As you can see, it's starting to grow to the end of the pot, and we are a little lost about what to do when that times comes.

IMG_194811.JPG
IMG_194515.JPG
IMG_194619.JPG
IMG_194416.JPG

And here is the rest of the lady's! They are fed with the Canna line.
We usually just follow the instructions on the chart that came with the nutes.

Last but not least!
The treasure from yesterday!!

IMG_187910.JPG

My personal favorite! Scissor and hand hash! mMmMmMmM!
We got almost a gram, this is for special occasions :D

And we got plenty of sugarleafs to make sweet concentrates with! :D

That's all for now guys and girls! :D
I wish you all a happy day!
:Namaste:

Looks awesome brother!! Make sure you are opening up those flux tips once or twice a day (or more). that way they get as much light to the growing part of the flux. When your mains get to the edge of the pot you have a few choices: 1. Have it circle the pot in opposite directions of each other and circle the pot, 2. top them and start the two new main growths out to the sides with the rest of the fluxes. You will need to do #2 eventually, so my vote would be to go ahead and do that.

Congrats on your fine looking harvest! :)

Now with your flux :)
Firstly I'd release those lesser formed limbs some. You have some that are way longer than the others. Keep the long ones tied down, and at the lowest point possible and without as much foliage as you dare. (At the moment they have some fans attached). The short ones, once released will sit higher and therefore begin to catch up in growth. (Also let them have more foliage now :) ) So yep switch it round, more foliage on the small and less on the longer!
Then I'd change your tethering points at the main two growing tips of your main flux arms! Keep the tie point an inch or more away from tips, just so they can turn upwards and face the light source better. This is when opening the immature foliage regularly is most effective and helps you generate more limbs through stacking the nodes up. (Your limb frequency is good though) :)
With the main flux arm ends, lletting them sit a touch higher than all other points of the plant will drive her growth faster!
Its my loop idea and one of the key factors with fluxing. With the 2 ends highest they become dominant. Yet as they sit the furthest away from the stem they are the very last points to draw energy off. Basically all the other points get there first :)
So the dominant ends keep calling for the most energy as dominant sites do. Yet because it get drained off by all other limbs firstly, they keep having to call for more and thus the flux gets hungry lol :) and a faster flux is yours! :)

Sorry for the big post lol. Hope it helps some. Please feel free to post pics and questions on flux central for a quicker response. Also it helps all other fluxers for info etc :)
Best of buds my friend :) :)

Back
Top Bottom