J & K Perpetual Grow Log - Soil

Sorry I know I should go back and check but do your LEDs have secondary optics?

Yes they do

Combining this tuned spectrum along with integrated 90 degree secondary focusing lenses
Primary/Secondary LED Focusing Lens 60° Primary / 90° Secondary

I'd have to respectively disagree with this. Calcium is a mobile element for one, so it will show up in older fan leaves first. It also does not present itself with the lightening of fan leaves, it looks like tiny reddish/brown rust spots on the leaves. Mag deficiency would show as lightening of the fan leaf tissue between the veins, and again is a mobile element so it would show in older fans first.

To me it looks like Iron. Iron deficiency is non-mobile and therefore would only show in new growth, and shows as lightening of the newest growth of the fan leafs. Check the reference chart below

That being said, Cal-Mag would still help to fix your problem as it has Iron in it as well. Cal/Mag deficiencies will often present themselves alongside an Iron deficiency

plant105.jpg

I can humbly agree with the iron look of things however.

Right from grow weed easy.
"A cannabis calcium deficiency can sometimes be difficult to diagnose since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and/or other deficiencies."

Now is it not possible that the a cal def would not affect iron uptake? And what nutrient is most responsible for stretching out those stems and building the structure during the stretch?

I like this topic I had this issue first couple grows. It cleared up after the stretch with no problem. But after using calmag last grow I didn't have it at all. Iron or not it was the calmag addition that fixed it for me.

I can humbly agree with the iron look of things however.

Right from grow weed easy.
"A cannabis calcium deficiency can sometimes be difficult to diagnose since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and/or other deficiencies."

Now is it not possible that the a cal def would not affect iron uptake? And what nutrient is most responsible for stretching out those stems and building the structure during the stretch?

I like this topic I had this issue first couple grows. It cleared up after the stretch with no problem. But after using calmag last grow I didn't have it at all. Iron or not it was the calmag addition that fixed it for me.

Right, CalMag has a substantial amount of Iron in it as well, so that would've fixed any of the 3 issues. It could very well develop into a Cal or Mag deficiency as well, but that doesn't appear to be the case at this moment.

hmm thats closer then id of thought??

Me too. But I am just a messenger looking on the product details on the site. lol

Says it covers an area of 4.5ft x 3.8ft at a distance of 18 inches. Since that is the only height it mentions, I would take it to mean that it is their recommended height.

Is there a substantial call for iron during the stretch?

Not specifically that I am aware of. Each plant is different and will prefer different amounts of each available element.

This might all be light related as well though. lol

Back
Top Bottom