Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

I'm on the other fence on this and would never use a dome for starting seeds. I've had friends and other growers experience wilt off/damp off disease doing it like this. It's a common problem with high humidity and lack of airflow.

Domes are for rooting clones in cubes, not seedlings in my book. New sprouts do well and will survive over 40% RH. It's more important to focus on not watering to much and having good and light air circulation going over the pots.

That being said it might work and my friend still do this even though I tell him no to. He has maybe 50% success rate on his seeds. He says he doesn't need to water as often and well that might be true the problems still persists.

I've started hundreds of auto seeds many years ago at ambient humidity in northern Europe with more than 90% success rate. Maybe at 30-40% RH?
I’m with you about not using a dome. I’ll use it until it sprouts but not after. Emilya said that she doesn’t recommend using and her advice has been working for me. CL🍀

Whatever the method you use just don't change the humidity extremely.
The bigger the seedling the harder it is to handle extreme changes in humidity
Seeds I don't dome Clones I slowly expose to lower humidity

These ladies have legs for dayz, nothing you can't handle 💚
I just don’t understand how you guys can grow outdoors and not have problems with pests? When I tried growing outdoors every Feking pest in the Greater Chicago area visited my plants daily. lol 😂 CL🍀

I just don’t understand how you guys can grow outdoors and not have problems with pests? When I tried growing outdoors every Feking pest in the Greater Chicago area visited my plants daily. lol 😂 CL🍀
I have only grown outdoors twice and never had problems with pest just had PM and bud rot and the bud rot cost me whole season. :(🍋

I have only grown outdoors twice and never had problems with pest just had PM and bud rot and the bud rot cost me whole season. :(🍋
That really sucks. You might want to think about getting some kind of greenhouse or covering for it. That won’t fix the pm problem though. Still you might want to ask @Bill284 what he uses for pm prevention. CL🍀 :high-five::goodluck:

Leaf hoppers, thrips, aphids....spider mites....you name it. LOL
Aphids! I remember all those little bastards now. I was constantly battling with pests and those leaf miner adults look just like a little common housefly. So when you think it’s just a little fly it’s likely laying eggs on your leaves. Smh CL🍀

I have learned how to deal with the PM but the bud rot if you get it Pray. 🍋
There’s something that I told myself that I would try growing this year is Milkweed. It’s to help Monarch butterflies. It’s the only thing they lay eggs on and it helps the butterfly population grow. CL🍀

I have learned how to deal with the PM but the bud rot if you get it Pray. 🍋
@KeithLemon Buddy get @Sierra Natural Science DC pm/rot control :Namaste:
I sprayed every 5 days alternating between Bug spray sns and DC sns in the greenhouse.
I went from loosing approximately
4 pounds out of 8 pounds
to 2 pounds out of 14
Zero bugs.
Your in the states it's readily available.
Before the season starts is the time to get it!
Worth every penny. ;)
You know that devastation you feel loosing a crop.
Its gut wrenching .
Cheaper than a greenhouse.
So now its like Frank's RedHot, hehe😅

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

@KeithLemon Buddy get @Sierra Natural Science DC pm/rot control :Namaste:
I sprayed every 5 days alternating between Bug spray sns and DC sns in the greenhouse.
I went from loosing approximately
4 pounds out of 8 pounds
to 2 pounds out of 14
Zero bugs.
Your in the states it's readily available.
Before the season starts is the time to get it!
Worth every penny. ;)
You know that devastation you feel loosing a crop.
Its gut wrenching .
Cheaper than a greenhouse.
So now its like Frank's RedHot, hehe😅

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks buddy for the heads up on the bud rot prevention. I wasn’t sure what ones you were using. CL🍀

Thanks buddy for the heads up on the bud rot prevention. I wasn’t sure what ones you were using. CL🍀
I thought you got the packing slip :rofl:
I'll post a couple pics tomorrow.
I'm not going back out today and it's in the hut.
I been working on the greenhouse today and I'm dunski ;)
But you know what I went through to get it.
I've lost more crops than I want to explain, ptsd honesty.
SNS is a absolute game changer for me.:thumb:
Now I get to say it.
I Put That Shit on Everything 🥲😂

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thank you Bill my mouse on my pc shit the bed so I am doing this on my phone
All good my friend.
Just want to help anyway I can. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom