Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

This is for the boyz....

1714575023400.png

The Garden today. I've decided to flip the light schedule tomorrow. I have a couple of things to do in there to block window light.

I forgot to adjust the music lower, so sorry if it's too loud and you have to turn it down. LOL

Damn youtube.
I looked into vimeo free, and you're allowed only three videos before you have to start a paid subscription. If I were to do the free version, then I would have to keep deleting videos to keep it at three, and there would be posts here that would have invalid video links. No can do.

The Garden today. I've decided to flip the light schedule tomorrow. I have a couple of things to do in there to block window light.

I forgot to adjust the music lower, so sorry if it's too loud and you have to turn it down. LOL

Damn youtube.
I looked into vimeo free, and you're allowed only three videos before you have to start a paid subscription. If I were to do the free version, then I would have to keep deleting videos to keep it at three, and there would be posts here that would have invalid video links. No can do.
Right..sucks.

Great looking BJ's!! Great canopy!!

Damn youtube.
I'm excited! I've also got a window to figure out. I got everything moved around today. Realized I may be over my head. 😞 I have been tetrising all day trying to get the right fit.

Update All Plants 4-27-24
It's getting tough for individual pictures now, so here's a set of garden shots. I made some room by moving Annie onto her own platform which puts her canopy more even with the rest, and the same with Meg, off to the right.

Mr. Moose in the outhouse is happy. He's finally getting some shade in the woods while he does his biz and reads the local Moose Times.
Outhouses and heat....well....not a good thing to sniff. :laugh:

Love the poopin moose 🤩. But I'ma hop in right here if that's ok with you miss cannafan. Beautiful garden and cool pots!

Right..sucks.

Great looking BJ's!! Great canopy!!
Thank you so much! That canopy, as you know, is hard to control. ;-)
Lady you can grow. :thumb: 🍋
Thank you Mr. Member of the Month! We aren't at the finish line yet......LOL
I'm excited! I've also got a window to figure out. I got everything moved around today. Realized I may be over my head. 😞 I have been tetrising all day trying to get the right fit.
During the winter grow I had a homemade quilt that I tacked over the window and that worked great. Now, we're looking at having to use that window during the flower stage because there will be a fan in it to suck out the heat.
I have to adjust how I had it there, so I can move the lower part up during lights on and the window open for the fan. It's always sumptin'... :laughtwo:
You'll get it figured out. Take a break, have a toke...a vape...a brownie....
Love the poopin moose 🤩. But I'ma hop in right here if that's ok with you miss cannafan. Beautiful garden and cool pots!
Certainly happy to have you along Happy. ;-) Mr. Moose has frequented my grows often. He gives me a smile.
Thanks for the thumbs up!
Keep them "happy", and keep them green.:yummy:

Good Mornfternoon everyone.

When I opened the grow room door this morning, I was shocked. Humidity in the room was at 84%!
I had fed and watered all of the plants late in the afternoon, which I usually do in the mornings. Between that and having the mushroom grow tent with the humidifier in there, we had a ton of moisture going on.
Never has that room been above 48% RH.
So, that taught me a lesson. Don't feed/water late when that door will be closed for lights out time. LOL

I will be flipping to 12/12 tonight. I have the window thing figured out and should work well.

Clones are heading back outside for the day. We will have sunshine for a while and then rain moves in later.

Hope everyone has a grrrreat day!

There is nothing that pisses me off more during a grow than a timer failure! 😠 Thank the plant gods I check my grow throughout the day, cuz I walked in there a bit ago and there was no light. I saw that coming.

I had felt the plug cord on the surge protected power box earlier and it was really warm, along with the timer itself. So I was going to check again later. I have the ViparSpectra lights in the grow room on two separate timers, but set for the same time.

The power box is fine, the timer unit is trash. No power getting to it, and no reset switch. I wouldn't use it again even if it had a reset switch, if it flips off on you..what good is it?
Anyway, I went back to my older reliable timer and things are fine now.
This is the timer that failed, and I have another one of them powering the clones COB lighting. I'm replacing that as well. It's called "growers select". It has only been in use for about 6 months off and on.

1714681278040.png

Better safe than sorry with the timer failure! I'm glad everything is a.o.k.

I can trust old school manual timers, more then modern versions. I keep a couple around anticipating One failing one day. I'm glad you have your eyes open and head on a swivel!

Not many people would have noticed that before it happen. I like to touch everything pretty often! 😜

There is nothing that pisses me off more during a grow than a timer failure! 😠 Thank the plant gods I check my grow throughout the day, cuz I walked in there a bit ago and there was no light. I saw that coming.

I had felt the plug cord on the surge protected power box earlier and it was really warm, along with the timer itself. So I was going to check again later. I have the ViparSpectra lights in the grow room on two separate timers, but set for the same time.

The power box is fine, the timer unit is trash. No power getting to it, and no reset switch. I wouldn't use it again even if it had a reset switch, if it flips off on you..what good is it?
Anyway, I went back to my older reliable timer and things are fine now.
This is the timer that failed, and I have another one of them powering the clones COB lighting. I'm replacing that as well. It's called "growers select". It has only been in use for about 6 months off and on.

1714681278040.png
Yeah, that could have been bad.
That timer is rated for up to 14 amp. If your surge and breaker are over that it will burn out like a fuse.
Make sure your receptacls/timers are higher or equivalent to surge. And surge is no higher then breaker panel so it doesn't kick that.
You can upgrade your wall receptacles to 20 amp just to be safe also, most receptacles are only 15 amp receptacles on 15 amp breakers although the breakers could be 20 and 15 amp receptacles. You can also upgrade the breakers to 20 amp allowing you to draw up to 20 amps. I wouldn't go higher then that without upgrading the wiring but all you would need to do it is a screwdriver and a set of pliers.

That timer is rated for up to 14 amp. If your surge and breaker are over that it will burn out like a fuse.
Make sure your receptacls/timers are higher or equivalent to surge. And surge is no higher then breaker panel so it doesn't kick that.
You can upgrade your wall receptacles to 20 amp just to be safe also, most receptacles are only 15 amp receptacles on 15 amp breakers although the breakers could be 20 and 15 amp receptacles. You can also upgrade the breakers to 20 amp allowing you to draw up to 20 amps. I wouldn't go higher then that without upgrading the wiring but all you would need to do it is a screwdriver and a set of pliers.
Thanks Wakka. I was talking with someone about that timer, it was okay until I turned the grow light up to 100% power. That was apparently too much for it. I am glad I checked on it.
I'm shopping for timers tomorrow. Got any suggestions that won't break the bank?

Thanks Wakka. I was talking with someone about that timer, it was okay until I turned the grow light up to 100% power. That was apparently too much for it. I am glad I checked on it.
I'm shopping for timers tomorrow. Got any suggestions that won't break the bank?
I run my veg and flower lights through an ACI controller. This way there is no timer.
The seedling tent still runs through a manual timer.

It's always good to verify the size of conductor, yes theoretically you can upgrade anything. But will it be safe-

NM, TW, & UF WIRE (Copper Conductor)
14 AWG - 15 AMPS
12 AWG - 20 AMPS

Screenshot_20240502_215042_Walmart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom