Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

Morning pictures all the seeds sprouts were put in solo cups last night. I have no sprout. Pictures because my phone camera will not show them.

FAE278F9-75C4-40E4-8C1B-236C3E10EDF8.jpeg
How deep did you plant them, Keith?

I am home and I found two towels with seeds with little tails. The Mack and Crack, and the Banana Jealousy seeds are in the ground or should I say Solo cups. The last two seeds are the Pineapple Chunks there is a small tail on one seed, but I will let it get a little bigger and hope the last seed pops. I will have pictures tomorrow Love you all. 🍋
cool, spilt beans now the action starts

Ever think of going a plant on your porch in like a small pot. You have already grown great plants inside maybe try one outdoors. 🍋
The first time I grew anything was outdoors. I had 3 or 4 auto’s and a photo. The auto’s were all Pygmy’s but the one photo was nice. But with that big tree in my backyard I was chasing the sun all day around my yard. Maybe I’ll do a couple. CL🍀

The first time I grew anything was outdoors. I had 3 or 4 auto’s and a photo. The auto’s were all Pygmy’s but the one photo was nice. But with that big tree in my backyard I was chasing the sun all day around my yard. Maybe I’ll do a couple. CL🍀
Go for it Capt. 🍋

@NickHardy Thanks the heat is my problem I do not have enough of it my solo cups are only 65 degrees so I thought if I put the light on it will warm up the inside of the tent. 🍋
WooHoo! Yes! That's what I do!

But more importantly, you want to add a Humidity dome. I use a clear dome from a Costco cake to cover my tray, but you can also use a clear solo cup on each one.

20240226_182819.jpg

Edited...

I have my setup sitting on the heating mat with towel on it, and t5's just above the humidity dome. When they pop, they don't stretch looking for light. New sprouts need humidity close to 80%.

Good Luck!

WooHoo! Yes! That's what I do!

But more importantly, you want to add a Humidity dome. I use a clear dome from a Costco cake to cover my tray, but you can also use a clear solo cup on each one.

20240226_182819.jpg

Edited...

I have my setup sitting on the heating mat with towel on it, and t5's just above the humidity dome. When they pop, they don't stretch looking for light. New sprouts need humidity close to 80%.

Good Luck!
I'm on the other fence on this and would never use a dome for starting seeds. I've had friends and other growers experience wilt off/damp off disease doing it like this. It's a common problem with high humidity and lack of airflow.

Domes are for rooting clones in cubes, not seedlings in my book. New sprouts do well and will survive over 40% RH. It's more important to focus on not watering to much and having good and light air circulation going over the pots.

That being said it might work and my friend still do this even though I tell him no to. He has maybe 50% success rate on his seeds. He says he doesn't need to water as often and well that might be true the problems still persists.

I've started hundreds of auto seeds many years ago at ambient humidity in northern Europe with more than 90% success rate. Maybe at 30-40% RH?

If I tried to climb a tree I would fall and break my neck. I can barely walk so climbing trees is out. :rofl::circle-of-love:
When I was a kid, they couldn't keep me out of the trees. Called me little Monkey. LOL
Now, I have to use a tree stand ladder with the safety strap on, or there is no way.

Your ambient humidity is the same as mine. I have 100% success rate with my seedlings, and don't use humidity domes on them. I will give them a fine mist every few days until they are up potted. I did use the little domes for clones, but now they are in a tent that has a humidity unit in it with the shrooms. Stays around 80% in there and can adjust as needed.

I'm on the other fence on this and would never use a dome for starting seeds. I've had friends and other growers experience wilt off/damp off disease doing it like this. It's a common problem with high humidity and lack of airflow.

Domes are for rooting clones in cubes, not seedlings in my book. New sprouts do well and will survive over 40% RH. It's more important to focus on not watering to much and having good and light air circulation going over the pots.

That being said it might work and my friend still do this even though I tell him no to. He has maybe 50% success rate on his seeds. He says he doesn't need to water as often and well that might be true the problems still persists.

I've started hundreds of auto seeds many years ago at ambient humidity in northern Europe with more than 90% success rate. Maybe at 30-40% RH?
WooHoo! There are Many ways to skin a cat! But since I started using this technique, I have not had a problem with clones or seeds!

My dome does allow a little air exchange. And I can increase humidity by spraying the dome, but never the plant themselves.

I am not saying my way is the only way, and I ❤️ your input! Just saying this has increased my success rate to almost perfect!

WooHoo! There are Many ways to skin a cat! But since I started using this technique, I have not had a problem with clones or seeds!

My dome does allow a little air exchange. And I can increase humidity by spraying the dome, but never the plant themselves.

I am not saying my way is the only way, and I ❤️ your input! Just saying this has increased my success rate to almost perfect!
Agreed. 100% success rate here too with the dome. I don't leave mine on the sprouts for too long. Maybe 5 days at top after germinated.

Back
Top Bottom