Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

It's not a deal breaker if it happens, they usually shake them off themselves. Every now and then there might be a stubborn one. In my case, I have to keep reminding myself to plant my seeds deeper so that doesn't happen. LOL
I need to do the same a little deeper and the sprouts are turning green, but I still have 1 Pineapple Chunks that has not come up yet. I will give it a little more time and hopefully it will come up. I forgot how small they are at this stage. The humidity is only 42 so should I worry about them drying out. 🍋

I need to do the same a little deeper and the sprouts are turning green, but I still have 1 Pineapple Chunks that has not come up yet. I will give it a little more time and hopefully it will come up. I forgot how small they are at this stage. The humidity is only 42 so should I worry about them drying out. 🍋
Give her some more time for sure. If the soil for her was the same as the others, she should be peeking out soon. Some are just a little slower to wakey wakey and get moving upward.

Thanks Lady how are you doing is it warming up at your place and hopefully it stopped raining. I appreciate your input. 🍋
I try to help as I can. I like cheerleading. LOL

It isn't raining anymore, but it's darned cold out even with the sun. I've been working today on hand pumps in the barn and at the old corral trying to prepare for irrigation on the outdoor grow. Of course, they aren't working. I can't fix those until I get a new underground sprinkler main control valve replaced because it cracked itself up over the winter. The pumps are on that line. I discovered that while trying to diagnose the hand pumps. That is getting replaced on Sunday.
One thing right after another...and another...and another. LOL

I try to help as I can. I like cheerleading. LOL

It isn't raining anymore, but it's darned cold out even with the sun. I've been working today on hand pumps in the barn and at the old corral trying to prepare for irrigation on the outdoor grow. Of course, they aren't working. I can't fix those until I get a new underground sprinkler main control valve replaced because it cracked itself up over the winter. The pumps are on that line. I discovered that while trying to diagnose the hand pumps. That is getting replaced on Sunday.
One thing right after another...and another...and another. LOL
Your almost there! That cold blew thru here also. Unexpected. I do it every year playing tricks on myself knowing damn well the cold always has one hiding up its sleeve. I had some of my own plumbing issues from winter. You just keep knocking them down. You talking manual hand pump water? Or yard pump hydrant, just lift the handle?

You could always bypass the main control valve? I'm not sure how yours is installed. I can get pretty handy before I drive all the way in to town.

Your almost there! That cold blew thru here also. Unexpected. I do it every year playing tricks on myself knowing damn well the cold always has one hiding up its sleeve. I had some of my own plumbing issues from winter. You just keep knocking them down. You talking manual hand pump water? Or yard pump hydrant, just lift the handle?

You could always bypass the main control valve? I'm not sure how yours is installed. I can get pretty handy before I drive all the way in to town.
It's those just lift the handle bat rastards. I have not found a way to bypass....yet. The installation of all of this stuff was almost thirty years ago, my husband had it all done and he was well known for cutting corners and not doing things according to specs. I can't ask him any questions, as he passed away.
Nothing was marked or had any diagrams to follow, that includes the 5 breaker boxes I have between the outside of the house, inside the house upstairs and basement and the barn. Over the past ten years I have had to slowly mark and identify what goes to where by trial and error. LOL
Somewhere in my woods is an old hand pump that you can actually prime. I had it put there when I used to camp out before the house was here. I sooooo wish it was close to the house.
I'll get there, it's just going to take time tracing everything down. One thing at a time.

I would much rather grow weed.

Sorry, Keith. Didn't mean to take up so much space. ;-) Are the girls getting greener and opening up?

They need more humidity when they're babies, Keith. Go for 70-80 percent.

They need more humidity when they're babies, Keith. Go for 70-80 percent.
I'm not sure it's all that necessary. @marcus611a has been growing seedlings in the 30% range without any trouble.

20240422_194201-jpg.3578953

Might not be ideal but I don't think you need to add moisture to the air around sprouts unless you're really low RH. Also, the soil level moisture is probably a lot higher than the air around them.

I'm not sure it's all that necessary. @marcus611a has been growing seedlings in the 30% range without any trouble.

Might not be ideal but I don't think you need to add moisture to the air around sprouts unless you're really low RH. Also, the soil level moisture is probably a lot higher than the air around them.
yep not fazzing them!

Keith, you know me and you know Shed. You decide who is probably right! 😁

Well, I do not have a humidifier so bags would be the only thing I could use. I did nothing last year, but we had higher RH due to all the rain. 🍋
I'll throw mine in.
My humidity in the grow room is at 38-40% all day. I don't use any bags or domes on the seedlings, and have raised many in that environment. Now, the clones I will put in a higher humidity area...such as a dome or the tent I'm using now with the humidifier misting in it.
I did try a humidity dome on a seedling during the last grow, just as a test, and I think it wound up wilting a little. So I got rid of the dome.
Just my .02 cents.

Back
Top Bottom