KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

Thanks for the invite. I will be silently watching and learning. :)
Peace

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

good choice of strain John. i am looking forward to this harvest.

although, is it necessary to show pictures of nutrient bottles twice on each page? We all know what Gen hydro products look like...

I think he's got OCD :)

Just do what you do John,we wouldn't have you any other way :)

subbed

those are some incredible lumen outputs for LEDs, which makes me wonder why any HPS grower wouldn't consider them, given they're driven primarily by lumen count.

my only query is if the web site needs tidying up, or if there is another reason why the lumen count across the models seems to vary.

for example, on the spec sheets for them, one 180w unit is shown to produce 125k lumens, and another 180w veg model is just 80k lumens. the 435w unit is showing that it also develops 80k lumens, whilst the 650w unit is developing 96k lumens, but on the front end of the site it is claimed to produce 180k lumens.

I'm sure it can be explained, but it is rather confusing, and I can't help but think that if the big LED manufacturers had a metric that was clear to understand and compare, that they'd get a bit more business from HID converts, who are mostly looking for some way to compare like for like :peace:

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The Active Eye Growroom Glasses color is a little blue but you can see the leaves and read your plants health very well under the LED light panels.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

those are some incredible lumen outputs for LEDs, which makes me wonder why any HPS grower wouldn't consider them, given they're driven primarily by lumen count.

my only query is if the web site needs tidying up, or if there is another reason why the lumen count across the models seems to vary.

for example, on the spec sheets for them, one 180w unit is shown to produce 125k lumens, and another 180w veg model is just 80k lumens. the 435w unit is showing that it also develops 80k lumens, whilst the 650w unit is developing 96k lumens, but on the front end of the site it is claimed to produce 180k lumens.

I'm sure it can be explained, but it is rather confusing, and I can't help but think that if the big LED manufacturers had a metric that was clear to understand and compare, that they'd get a bit more business from HID converts, who are mostly looking for some way to compare like for like :peace:

I believe that lumen output is also influenced by the focal lenses on the LED and that is also influencing the different lumen readings for the same wattage LED panel. Most Lush Lighting LED light panels are available with either singe or double reflector lenses.

yeah, I saw that, but these are all the double lens models, the specs are identical on the spec sheets between these and the singles anyway

Thank you kindly Cannafan! I hope that by posting these photographs that people will be able to use this Grow Journal and Review also as a guide on the style of Topping and Low Stress Training that I use.

Flower Day 11

The Black Widow plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 44 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 8 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 2.5 milliliters per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

I just asked Renae about this issue, here is Renae's response

" the inconsistency is due to how far the light is from the canopy. Since the light is supposed to stay two feet above the plants, as you move the light further away from the plants, the lumens will spread out and decrease. So, the maximum output for, say, the Dominator 2xxl is 180K lumens, but as you get further away from the unit, the amount of lumens goes down. At optimal distance from the light (two feet), it's at 70K lumens"

Flower Day 12

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_010.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_011.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_012.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_013.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_014.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_015.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_016.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_017.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_018.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_019.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_020.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_021.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_022.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_023.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_024.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_025.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_026.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_027.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_028.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_029.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_030.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_031.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_032.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_033.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_034.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_035.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_036.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_037.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_038.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_039.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_040.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_041.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_042.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_043.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_044.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_045.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_046.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_047.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_048.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_049.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-10-29_-_050.JPG

Flower Day 12

I sprayed the Black Widow plants with Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray at 1.25 milliliters per quart or liter. I shall spray Snow Storm Ultra in flower every 7-10 days and discontinue use 1 week before harvest.

I will only spray Snow Storm Ultra just before the lights go off for the darkness phase of flowering.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

Great Update as always King! Looking extremely healthy! Excited to see the flower production. Just curious, but is there a reason why you haven't switched to organic nutes? :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom