Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Mine is pretty old, but is similar to this one on Amazon:

Just look for Dry Erase Calendar. Do yourself a favor and order a few of the dry erase markers, I lose them ALL the time. LOL
Thanks hun… ordered.
Great idea!

Good for you. :)
I put a piece of sticky back velcro on the calendar, and around one of the markers, so I just stick it to the calendar when done.

Good Morning all!
Good morning
I have a few of those removable command Velcro strips I use on everything lol

I am currently battling with keeping temperatures in a decent range in the grow room, and the house.

The grow room is next to a wall that has my home thermostat on it, so the warm air from that room is warming up the wall where the thermostat is, causing it to read higher than the house temperature actually is. LOL
I've been turning up the thermostat to adjust for this so my house is comfortable, but it's a hit and miss and I'm constantly fussing with it. The thermostat cannot be moved, ...well...I should say I am NOT moving it. LOL

With the two viparspectra ks5000 lights going now, one at 75% power and one at 50% for the newer kids, it's getting up over 82 in that room. That's about as high as I prefer it. Some like that 85 degree mark.
So, I put a fan in the window in the room and have it on low bringing the air from outside into the room, and the door is closed to keep cold air from the rest of the house.
We'll see how this works. It should help bring some humidity in there as well. It's rainy and cold again today. I want to see how long it takes to get below the 82 degrees mark in there, and then put a timer on the fan.

Lois and Bonnie got some more topping tonight. **Snip Snip**

They have thermostats with remote sensors.
You can leave the thermostat on that wall and put the sensor in the cold room.
I’m sure they have others but this is one I found on a quick search.
I was looking at these with a dual sensor because my bedroom and living room have a temp difference.

They have thermostats with remote sensors.
You can leave the thermostat on that wall and put the sensor in the cold room.
I’m sure they have others but this is one I found on a quick search.
I was looking at these with a dual sensor because my bedroom and living room have a temp difference.
Thanks! I have been looking at those for a couple years because the back of the house (where the main bedroom is) is always colder than the front.
The price has come down, but they are still a bit up there. :circle-of-love:

Under the weather today. Literally...this weather has me feeling tired and under. Snow, then rain....and cold. Just crazy.
What keeps me sane? The grow room.
I work on the training a little each morning after they've completely woken up. They are responding well and looking sassy. Still thinking on getting some clones, just not sure when yet.

Here's the group. Banana girls are all to the right.

Under the weather today. Literally...this weather has me feeling tired and under. Snow, then rain....and cold. Just crazy.
What keeps me sane? The grow room.
I work on the training a little each morning after they've completely woken up. They are responding well and looking sassy. Still thinking on getting some clones, just not sure when yet.

Here's the group. Banana girls are all to the right.

I’d love more detail on your training .. what you do and why.. and even the thought process..
Plants look fantastic!

I’d love more detail on your training .. what you do and why.. and even the thought process..
Plants look fantastic!
First thing I'm going to do is refer you to this thread by @InTheShed

I've been doing LST since the first year I started growing, and I learned from so many members here back then, that I cannot remember them all. A lot of them are no longer here.
I'll comment more on what I'm doing for you tomorrow. :)

Shaping the plant is fun. I once tried to shape a plant into spelling out 420. Got fairly close. LOL

And I certainly cannot leave out the master of Fluxing himself @Light Addict
This a really fun way to grow a plant, and so rewarding. I'm going to be doing this with one of the clones later on.

Well we are just finishing up week 5 from sprout, so I took two clones. One from Lois and one from Bonnie, the two strongest starters. The clones were from the lower area and had 3 nodes on them.
These two I'm going to just put straight into the water. I've always had good luck with just putting stems in water, we'll see how they do and how long they take.
I'll take a couple more later and use root plugs with rooting hormone powder.
I cut the stem at an angle and then very lightly scraped the stalk down a little to expose and allow roots to start. Notice I said lightly, we don't want to cut the stem, just lightly scrape a very thin layer away. I did this fairly quickly so I could get them in the water right away.
I also cut part of some leaves off, which is supposed to make it concentrate more on root growth than photosynthesis.

I have the bubble cloner kind of half way in use. I just put the clones into the foam rings (I'm not sure what those are called) and have them floating on the water with one air tube in there moving the water around. The water is PH'd at 6.2. I'll check that every couple of days or so.
The humidity dome is an inverted plastic salad bowl. On the cheap. LOL
They were droopy for the first half hour or so, but are standing up straight now.

UPDATE: 4-7-24
It's feed and water day. Pots feel fairly light. I am going in to adjust some tie downs after I let the drink settle a bit.
They are all doing good, although they resist my training the way I wanted. I'll keep working at it, I don't want to split any britches like I did last grow. The plant healed itself, but we don't want that stress. I can't afford the medications to treat it. LOL
The clones are still perky and happily swimming about.
MEG (middle plant of last pic in the back) is growing more slowly than the others. She looks healthy, just a slow grower for some reason. Annie is a bit slower, but I expected that because she's the smallest of the twins and had to struggle a bit to survive the birth.

Anyway, here they all are this morning:

Good for you. :)
I put a piece of sticky back velcro on the calendar, and around one of the markers, so I just stick it to the calendar when done.

Good Morning all!
Morning!
Got my calendar set up. This was such a good idea I had to stop by and thank you.
I was using a different calendar for each strain and writing space was tight.
Now I use a different color for each strain and the calendar you put me on to has plenty of room.. I’m loving it so, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom