Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

love this plant! It's beautiful and exotic. I'm here to get to know it better, and to make my life and others better as a result. Green, blue, fruity, skunky, sativa, indica, kush, gold, or fruity pebbles...I am seduced by the very thought of everything about it. It's a resource that we need to learn more about.

So much to learn! My observations are just that...not an experienced grower...just enthusiastic!
:thumb:
I’m on the same page! Am just still wondering about this vvv a bit I guess... ;)
LOL! "As the Maui Turns"...:laugh: I'm a bit anxious on this one. I hope she's not gonna be a twitchy one! "Will the real Maui Wowie please stand up!" :rofl:

Thanks muchMedMan! I'm always up for advice. Happy to have it in fact! That Pua is a wild child! @TurboBucket was growing a slew of them....I need to get over there and check his out! Keep the advice coming if ya got it! :thanks:
Not a problem - share and share alike, right? :)

I've been mostly growing Indicas and Hybrids, but anxious to try some of the Sativas from 70s et al. Finding this thread has got me stoked! It's taking all of my will power to NOT look ahead in your journal as I don't want to miss a thing. Only 57 pages to go!

You might be interested in what I'm growing now. LSD (circa 1963) from Eleva8 Seeds. Supposedly, a cut was gifted to the breeder to make sure this strain survived. Can't vouch for its authenticity, but the story sounds believable. This is my second go at it - as Doc says, grow it out three times to really "know" the strain. I'm doing 11/13 this grow (12/12) last. Can't say my first crop was spectacular - was hoping for some psychedelic effects, but not there yet. Still, a good smoke.

I've attached some pics of the three plants. All in 7 gal pots, day 24 of flower (11/13)
. Just had they're first CAT drench. I topped and encouraged 6 colas on each plant. The leading colas are filling in nicely. Note the difference in leaves from plant 1 and 3 compared to 2. Definitely showing a Indica phenotype with the fatter leaves. The last plant is growing above the lights at you can see. Be back soon!
IMG_1265 3.jpg
IMG_1266 2.jpg
IMG_1267 2.jpg

Not a problem - share and share alike, right? :)

I've been mostly growing Indicas and Hybrids, but anxious to try some of the Sativas from 70s et al. Finding this thread has got me stoked! It's taking all of my will power to NOT look ahead in your journal as I don't want to miss a thing. Only 57 pages to go!

You might be interested in what I'm growing now. LSD (circa 1963) from Eleva8 Seeds. Supposedly, a cut was gifted to the breeder to make sure this strain survived. Can't vouch for its authenticity, but the story sounds believable. This is my second go at it - as Doc says, grow it out three times to really "know" the strain. I'm doing 11/13 this grow (12/12) last. Can't say my first crop was spectacular - was hoping for some psychedelic effects, but not there yet. Still, a good smoke.

I've attached some pics of the three plants. All in 7 gal pots, day 24 of flower (11/13)
. Just had they're first CAT drench. I topped and encouraged 6 colas on each plant. The leading colas are filling in nicely. Note the difference in leaves from plant 1 and 3 compared to 2. Definitely showing a Indica phenotype with the fatter leaves. The last plant is growing above the lights at you can see. Be back soon!
IMG_1265 3.jpg
IMG_1266 2.jpg
IMG_1267 2.jpg
Beautiful!! Such a pretty plant!

So the girls have been in jars since Thursday. I ended up with 4 ounces on the Pua and 4.25 ounces on the Nirvana. They got too dry before putting them in jars. Dipsh*t move on my part for not paying attention. :rolleyes: I put each in a plastic bag overnight. Still a bit dry. I put them in jars with 62% Boveda Packs and chopped up the main stem in 1 inch sections and put one in each jar. I'm hoping a bit of moisture from the stem with the gasses will release will help the buds to cure better. Fingers crossed! I will take my first taste of the Pua tonight! :rollit:

mornin to ya LadyG...ya,..silly woman!! ....OK, next time don't cut up the stalks...leave them alone. The moisture in them will come out over a few days to re moisten the too dry produce OK. By cutting them up like that , they will continue to dry too fast. just sayin OK. cheers and enjoy your day...
Thanks Duggs! I appreciate the info. Yup...uhghuh...that's me! Silly woman! :rofl: I should have let them sit more then a day in the plastic bags then. I had them on the stalks but only for a day. Y'all will make a master grower yet! :love:

*Awwww you're a budding designer...hahahahaha Great job, seriously.
I need to step up my game with you Sis! You are way better with the arts and crafts, documentation, training...lol! Well everything really! I am just a humble cook! :rofl:

So my emergency re-hydration worked. I no longer have crispy buds!

I tasted the Pua tonight. It's smooth, even though not fully cured yet. I taste a little lavender flower crossed with rosemary/pine.

It's a really nice and mellow head high. Not a couch lock, but my eyes are real squinty! Calm, but not euphoric. Not overly strong, but not a lightweight strain either. It's not "THE" strain that I remember. No energetic wave or strong sense of wellbeing. Quite enjoyable nonetheless.

I will try it after the cure. Sorry folks! It doesn't rock my world. My White Whale is still alluding me. My expectations were, well... high :rofl:! I'm off to bed. Feels like a good strain to be mellow with though.

Well that sounds nice and relaxing anyway - even if it’s not the Wowie you remember. It can change a bit with cure I guess as TB says, maybe it will surprise you later!

Next the Nirvana. Have you tasted that yet?
:popcorn:
I’m going to try the Nirvana tonight. More to come!

FWIW - when I get a seedling with a 'cap', I take an eye dropper and drip a couple of drops of water on it every day until comes off. So far, they've all come off.
Awesome tip Medman! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom