Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

Hello . I stumbled on your journal... It's beautiful. I have a single plant grow and was wondering at what point do you start to scrog. I have one and was wondering when to start to use .. Thank You

Thanks for stopping by Turbo...

Great question.

Wish I had a simple answer for you. This was my first scrog. I got lucky and didn't overgrow the screen. There was no skill, experience, knowledge...

I just got lucky.

I can list some of the factors that need to be taken into consideration though. First, the strain of the plant. Each will stretch differently. You can try to find how much your strain stretches after the flip to flower by searching the tubes. If the general consensus is a double during stretch, the shoot for a little less that 50% then flip her to flower. Also, the age of the plant plays a part. If she's not sexually mature when flipped, she may stretch more while she's being forced to mature. If she's mature and ready to flower when flipped, she may not stretch so much. Mine didn't even double in size, but I've heard of some strains quadrupling during stretch. Running multiple plants under a screen will also impact when to flip.

I would play it safe, fill your screen to 25% then flip to flower. That will give you plenty of screen to train her and you'll gain experience for the next run.

I'll check out your journal and see if I can help some more there. But honestly, I'm new to indoor growing. There are many more with a lot more experience than I.

Looking great!! No worries on the split, Ive done that a couple of times! They always seem to heal right up! I gotta go High Brix ASAP!! SOOOO jealous...

The products are easy to administer. No PH, PPM.... I like that! There is a learning curve though. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what exactly the products do. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to fly solo.

Morning MM! She's already a beast! Why didn't you title your journal "Masonman's Brix and Mortar - Jock Horror -2016"? :scratchinghead:

I'm shooting for 8OZ this time. Think I'll get it easily. My goal for my cabinet is 12 Z's (one plant) :rofl:

That would have been an awesome name! When I started the journal though, word play with Brix wasn't really a thing. At least I hadn't noticed anyone else doing it.

I have a good one for the next journal... "Silly rabbit, Brix are for kids"

Masonman you have it on lock. Great training on her. You have a girl so ready for flower it's not funny!
Yeah, Doc's got her flying her freak flag... lol :thanks:

She's coming right along mason. Your stems are very bulky. That's from a great training job. Way to keep her short and fat. She's gonna pay you back with some fat buds. Can't wait to watch you battle the stretch in your space.
Cheers

I'm not expecting much of a stretch. I'm betting she will grow about 8" above what she already is.

I like short and fat... like me lol! I kept the light REAL close most of the time during veg. But, yeah, I'm really gonna have to learn to supercrop. I did manage to pinch a top that was taking off. It worked well. I have to keep practicing now. I tend to get a little heavy handed with her.

Very nice plants my friend.
I haven't done any updates on my journal cause my mate took my pc but wow can't wait for mine to be as nice as yours.
Good green hands you have ..

Sent from my SM-G901F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

@masonman...
Your gal looks like she is gonna be a beast.
Training is so low and even. Big up for your pimp handz.:;):
They sure are strong!:winkyface:

Day 78 Flip +0

It's been 9 days since her last water and she looked a little sad. Pot was pretty light. So, time for a feeding.

20ML Growth Energy
1.5ML Tea
3.5 Gallons water

I had to do a little more pruning. It was obvious there was still quite a bit that would never see any light. I'm only trying to take a little at a time. May have to do a final prune before the buds set.

I did give her Brix +WA 4 days ago. I thought she was going to be ready for water sooner than she actually asked for it. So, last night I gave her a spray of 3/4 strength DeStress.

So excited to finally flip to flower...

DSCN038416.jpg
DSCN038212.jpg
DSCN038312.jpg
DSCN038110.jpg

That's a great journal you got here along with some baby girls :) I didn't see everything here but i might steal you some ideas for the watering, the net to keep the buds up and other great ideas, i am not an engineer at mind at all :p i'm a welder but i need the plan to be made :) anyway great journal will come back often and try to check all the pages, so tired tonight !

Day 80 Flip +2

Wow! She loved the Growth Energy I gave her 2 days ago. She's starting to stretch!!!

I'm thinking Brix + WA tomorrow at lights on. That will make it 7 days since last Brix foliar.

Still no visible roots on the new cuttings yet.

DSCN038611.jpg
DSCN038516.jpg
DSCN038711.jpg

Are you cloning in rapid rooters?

Day 80 Flip +2

Wow! She loved the Growth Energy I gave her 2 days ago. She's starting to stretch!!!

I'm thinking Brix + WA tomorrow at lights on. That will make it 7 days since last Brix foliar.

Still no visible roots on the new cuttings yet.

DSCN038611.jpg
DSCN038516.jpg
DSCN038711.jpg

It appears things have totally healed and gotten back on track. Don't let the soil energy go flat....bloom that thing pronto. A++ on the way amigo.

Hey, Masonman! Congrat's and :goodluck: on the MOTM nomination! :high-five:

I think I've read some of your posts on Doc Bud's thread, and you definitely found the right tutor with Doc on a soil grow! :adore:

I did want to come by and make a "formal" introduction and I look forward to getting caught up on your journal!
:Namaste:

Hey, Masonman! Congrat's and :goodluck: on the MOTM nomination! :high-five:

I think I've read some of your posts on Doc Bud's thread, and you definitely found the right tutor with Doc on a soil grow! :adore:

I did want to come by and make a "formal" introduction and I look forward to getting caught up on your journal!
:Namaste:
Thanks for stopping by. Not much goes on here. I only have room to flower one plant at a time.

My computer is down. I'm using my phone. Haven't really learned how to use this app yet, so having a hard time keeping up with all my subscriptions. I should be back to full speed in a few days. I got a few new journals I need to check out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom