MassMedMan's Spring Fling - Indoor/Outdoor - Organic - Medical - 6 Autos

There's no question I'll wash them... It's not even worth discussing. I just want to know why,, preferably some facts not opinion, why a few hours matter???.. why it matters if I wait 36 hours???

When I harvest any vegetable from my garden,,.I don't wash it until I eat it, or prepare it.

Most, sit in a basket outside,, waiting their turn...

So,, why, does it matter. Again, not internet opinions. Some facts, just facts please.

Thanks, I am open to learning why... Just not cause someone on the internet said...

There's no question I'll wash them... It's not even worth discussing. I just want to know why,, preferably some facts not opinion, why a few hours matter???.. why it matters if I wait 36 hours???

When I harvest any vegetable from my garden,,.I don't wash it until I eat it, or prepare it.

Most, sit in a basket outside,, waiting their turn...

So,, why, does it matter. Again, not internet opinions. Some facts, just facts please.

Thanks, I am open to learning why... Just not cause someone on the internet said...

Agreed. I have no explaination other than that's the way it's been done up to now. Point taken and settling in to see what your results are.

Agreed. I have no explaination other than that's the way it's been done up to now. Point taken and settling in to see what your results are.

How old is that bud washing thread...seriously some people need to think outside the box. Our stop being such robots. No offense,.But Just because somebody said,, isn't always enough for me. I need facts, too. Have em,.I'll listen. Have opinions,, well, so do I.

My thought on bud washing are based on my own practice of it. I had scalp psoriasis, lots of falling hair and gnats. There was no question I would wash. It made sense to me to do so as soon as I harvested. That way the grunge is all washed away before I hang her to dry and it simply seemed logical to have that point be the end of hydration of any kind. From then on it was a smooth progression through drying into curing. I'd not even considered that washing at a later point was an option. I'm glad you're feeling experimental, because now I get to see it happen.

How old is that bud washing thread...seriously some people need to think outside the box. Our stop being such robots. No offense,.But Just because somebody said,, isn't always enough for me. I need facts, too. Have em,.I'll listen. Have opinions,, well, so do I.

I like this response :). There is more than one way to skin a cat. And, Multiple approaches to accomplishing the same goal.

Just think of all the grow methods, CFL, HPS, LED, SOG, SCROG, LST, HST, topping, FIM'ing, man made, organic, inside or outside.

:hmmmm: Washing at chop, or after 1 day or 3 days. Hell, I bet you could wait and wash all your buds after they cured if you really wanted too.

I am kind of going on a rant... but I like to ask myself... WHY?

:hmmmm: Maybe because my hemorrhoids where acting up and I couldn't get to it until 3 days later. Now that's a good reason :rofl:

On a more serious note, maybe you have high temps and washing at chop will slow the dry process? I think you could use the same reason to wash at 3 days. But it may be better to just leave most the leaves on if you really want to try and slow the dry process.

Or maybe humidity is high and washing at chop may cause to much wetness? Which could lead to problems?

I can't think of any good reason to justify any definite bud washing time other than convenience

Ok, I can read your lips... Just shut the hell up already Scarfinger68 :rofl:

:thumb:

Just thought of a better reason to wash early... Maybe you have PM or mold and you wouldn't want that getting out of control and that is probably the best reason to wash early at chop

I like this response :). There is more than one way to skin a cat. And, Multiple approaches to accomplishing the same goal.

Just think of all the grow methods, CFL, HPS, LED, SOG, SCROG, LST, HST, topping, FIM'ing, man made, organic, inside or outside.

:hmmmm: Washing at chop, or after 1 day or 3 days. Hell, I bet you could wait and wash all your buds after they cured if you really wanted too.

I am kind of going on a rant... but I like to ask myself... WHY?

:hmmmm: Maybe because my hemorrhoids where acting up and I couldn't get to it until 3 days later. Now that's a good reason :rofl:

On a more serious note, maybe you have high temps and washing at chop will slow the dry process? I think you could use the same reason to wash at 3 days. But it may be better to just leave most the leaves on if you really want to try and slow the dry process.

Or maybe humidity is high and washing at chop may cause to much wetness? Which could lead to problems?

I can't think of any good reason to justify any definite bud washing time other than convenience

Ok, I can read your lips... Just shut the hell up already Scarfinger68 :rofl:

:thumb:

Just thought of a better reason to wash early... Maybe you have PM or mold and you wouldn't want that getting out of control and that is probably the best reason to wash early at chop

Generally in agreement.

Point one: washed buds seem to dry faster, not slower.
Point two: One :420: report of someone washing their dry mexican bud purchased on the street and liking the improved taste:

Again, I'm with you - lets wait and see what MassMedMan adds to the information pool by washing after a new interval :)

Generally in agreement.

Point one: washed buds seem to dry faster, not slower.

Point two: One :420: report of someone washing their dry mexican bud purchased on the street and liking the improved taste:

Again, I'm with you - lets wait and see what MassMedMan adds to the information pool by washing after a new interval :)

They may dry faster... Nice info. For me that would mean washing later because my buds dry to fast as it is in my space. Great info on both points.

Well, I washed them. Honesty, it was a bit more difficult trimming them, prior to washing, Lol. I do a very lighttt trim prior to washing.

So last batch, or last two I harvested from this run,, it was a little dryer, not much, but enough that my dull scissors noticed tonight when I trimmed prior to...

To a couple of points that were made... There's never a question that what I harvest I will wash... But, I think bud washing does speed up the drying process,, in a good way,, so my initial thought was to slow it back down by hanging for, a little.

And, if they're known healthy plants,, maybe a few hours chilling upside down will drop a few things collecting on my leaves,, who knows,, but,, I seriously doubt given the history of harvesting this plant,, that I hurt known healthy plants. :)

I had no known PM issues. I use neem sprays on a regular basis, right until flower. I also use green clean,, look it up, all natural. Just ordered more yesterday with,, my last order,, I swear.

Anyway. My plants were healthy going in. They came from a controlled grow area, and were cut and went into another enclosure, inside a building which was controlled.

And,, the RH in my area,, last day or so, and going forward is low.

All things I consider when doing something there is no script for. Well, there's a script but sometimes you have to read the wind....

But, because it's not about me anymore and enough people raised concern,, I decided to get it done

My shit will always be washed.

I used to be a competition shooter in the shooters branch. I've layed in the sun for hours watching the wind, reading the mirage, studying the notes from the day before. While bugs crawled in every opening and chewed on me. Nothing is black and white.

Time for a rip, nite all :Namaste:

That resonated with me, 'reading the wind'. Eloquent. You have so many interesting layers MMM.

That resonated with me, 'reading the wind'. Eloquent. You have so many interesting layers MMM.

Better than talking about breaking the wind...

I can't help how I'm wired and how I've been influenced... I'm just letting you know plenty of thought goes into every move I make,, but. My best, or one of my best moves is reading the wind and adjusting on the fly... Cause I screw up a lot ;)

Did my first ever flush yesterday,, not because I had to,, the one remaining was fed the same add the rest. I just wanted to do it and see if they're is a noticeable difference. I can tell you the Platinum LED's have made a huuuuuge difference. Going to pull the last one tomorrow morning so my electrician can do the upgrade.... Then it's panty time....

Do a final video, really final, later today if I find time.....

Did my first ever flush yesterday,, not because I had to,, the one remaining was fed the same add the rest. I just wanted to do it and see if they're is a noticeable difference. I can tell you the Platinum LED's have made a huuuuuge difference. Going to pull the last one tomorrow morning so my electrician can do the upgrade.... Then it's panty time....

Do a final video, really final, later today if I find time.....

With all due respect, I don't need to see "panty time" and "Do a video" in consecutive sentences from you. Shiver :)

Just for you, Rad... You dirty dog ;)

Right after I made the video I got a text, or saw a text from my electrician and he said he can't make tomorrow, but Friday is solid... So, she gets another day and my trees keep vegging....

:Namaste:

Been a trimming fool last night and this morning.

Few early observations...

Love the drying rack,, love it

The plants that went under the LED are thicker, frostier, and some interesting colors.

The LST and Topped plant are the bigger, or will yield the most. This is CK1&2. Actually, I think the one I topped will be the biggest yielder...

Even CK4 the runt finished strong,, interesting red in the buds, in fact I thought it was tree debris or something that fell on them and stuck... Was picking it out with scissors.

Then I realized it was bud. :cheer:

Early smoke is great. I'm just having second cut trim...mmm

Yesterday, I gave two long time smokers a branch of week old bud. Smaller branches so they were mostly dry, but not cured.

I just got a text from my older buddy who got one and he said he slept better last night than he has in years. :Namaste:

Candy Kush. Week old, lol. A seed like 80 days ago. Lol.

I told him, just wait,, wait till those cure.... I gave another branch to my brother in law,, him and his wife asked me after if they could adopt a plant. Lol. My bro in law is a master plumber and I need plumbing work. I can't get him to come over cause he's family... But, he will now.... Lol. He's been on the short list of people who know I grow. But he has no idea. Wait till he sees the bloom room for the first time... I'll have a chair in there..

Electrician here today finishing.

The last plant, THC Auto Bomb is in there with lights off, AC blasting, dehumidifier cranking,, around two this afternoon,, I'll go in there with a black bag and zips.

I'm thinking I'll cover her with the bag and secure with zip ties and move to a new location. Then, it's supposed to be cold tonight so,, she might sit in the dark for a day or two... I'll take the bag off so she can breath.

Until I come back..... :popcorn:

Need to bug bomb my boom room,, scrub it clean,, scrub it again, then maybe tomorrow I'll get those photos in there...

Close this journal up soon...

Everything must come to an end. And after twenty four hours actually about 38 since she saw light,, my THC Auto bomb, final plant on this grow is about to be washed...three five gallon buckets of RO water ready to help...

20150627_082252.jpg

Did a short Bud Washing video on the THC bomb....

I have been busy and haven't been back to answer concerns about washing, once a plant is chopped the Osmotic pressure is relieved and all life giving mechanisms stop and rotting starts. Part of the drying and curing process allows the bacteria already in the plant to consume all the leftover components such as the Sugars elements protein's etc.

A living plant can resist hosting parasitic organisms like mold and harmful bacteria, a dead and dried plant cannot, when you re wet dead plant matter you create an ideal breeding ground for natures tools to break down dead plant matter.

When you wash immediately you are able to harness the plants natural resistance before it is dry.

SS brought up a good point as well, why dry twice?

That is why you "SHOULD" wash right away, of course you don't have to and there is a million ways to do anything, I just offered some facts for you to digest.

I have been busy and haven't been back to answer concerns about washing, once a plant is chopped the Osmotic pressure is relieved and all life giving mechanisms stop and rotting starts. Part of the drying and curing process allows the bacteria already in the plant to consume all the leftover components such as the Sugars elements protein's etc.

A living plant can resist hosting parasitic organisms like mold and harmful bacteria, a dead and dried plant cannot, when you re wet dead plant matter you create an ideal breeding ground for natures tools to break down dead plant matter.

When you wash immediately you are able to harness the plants natural resistance before it is dry.

SS brought up a good point as well, why dry twice?

That is why you "SHOULD" wash right away, of course you don't have to and there is a million ways to do anything, I just offered some facts for you to digest.

Good info and thanks for taking the time. Another reason why I wash. Think of the millions of people growing all over the world, today, and all these years, since like the beginning of time,, who don't wash and have succumbed to Osmotic pressure.

And for all these years I've thought the plant lived after you chop,, in a way.

Mind blowing.

Back
Top Bottom