My First Grow: Blueberry, Gold Leaf, Strawberry Cake & Pineapple Chunk

So what no one tells you when you start growing your own herb is how hard it is to keep your hands off them and how quickly your plans may change.
So a couple of days ago I went through and fimmed or pulled the terminal bud from everybody. Kind of randomly choosing who got what. Just to see which technique produces better results. We will see but there is strong representation for both.
I removed all my stakes for the fluxing to let them grow a little more naturally for a bit. I will probably spread them again today or tommorow. Just so the lower leaves can get the light they need for the blues and Goldie.
Transplanted Piney and the strawberries last night into their forever homes. Turned on the other light for the smaller tent. It has a LOT more red. I do have some heat problems with both lights on so today I'll make some diy co2 with yeast. I put them on buckets to make watering a little easier but it put them to within 20 inches of the led. They've been at 24 up till now so I'll probably put them back on the floor.
All in all everything seems to be ok just tough to be patient.
420-magazine-mobile90600011.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1159815394.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1610136340.jpg
420-magazine-mobile137656066.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2138931363.jpg
420-magazine-mobile194050983.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: My First Grow - Blueberry, Gold Leaf, Strawberry Cake & Pineapple Chunk

Switched everything up today, at mrs blue rusts suggestion. Blue and Goldie went into the smaller tent on their own and tommorow will be day 1 of 12/12. That was my original plan and somehow I totally switched gears. So back to the original plan. I was roughly following the fox farms and was going to use their sledgehammer to flush but after doing some research on it I read some really bad results after flushing. I've decided as good as my girls are looking I'm not willing to chance it. I ran about 1.5 gallons through the pots the ppms were as low as 57 so I'm thinking their doing OK and I'll save a chemical flush till late flower time or until I have some type of lock out. I'll add some more cfls to the mix tonight or tommorow because my cell phone pars are showing much lower on the led with ml ore red. It may just be because my phone couldn't read the red as well as the blue. Who knows. I'm half research half wing it let's see what sticks. I had attempted to fim Goldie but apparently she misinterpreted my attempts as a removal of a terminal node. And is growing accordingly now the thought is screw it do I leave it or break off the piece I missed.
It's freaking freezing here in grassachussets, and my daughter wants to tour colleges. All in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Why can't she want to see Hawaii? I always wanted to go to Hawaii this would be a great excuse. She just doesn't want to go too far away from home. I can't blame her because I just want to sell the house and buy a 1 br condo near a golf course. Lmao. She's afraid I'll do it when she's gone too long. Here's a pic of the girls in their new domicile. They just look natural there.
420-magazine-mobile925413980.jpg

420-magazine-mobile674107241.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1987370741.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1848252494.jpg

Wow, it's hard to see the difference when you look at them everyday. So it's cold and snowy, Goldie and blue are still sleeping so I checked down on the babies. Mrs blue rust and I've been doing some lst the last couple of days and their responding well. Piney got fluxed instead, and one other. The baby blues are all tall and some are growing tons of new sights. Very fun to see.
420-magazine-mobile461220995.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1767076495.jpg
420-magazine-mobile109273596.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1654676019.jpg

Blue and Goldie finally woke up
420-magazine-mobile1631502685.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1472641597.jpg
420-magazine-mobile507885862.jpg

If situations were different, they would of vegged a lot longer. The babies will and I have autos on order some of which will either go in here or I'll put the babies in here 2 at a time. And flower all the babies at once in 4-6 weeks.

So mix things up again because I don't know any better. I moved the 600w led over to the smaller tent a few days ago and the 2 smaller lights over to the larger tent. The heat and humidity has been perfect since the switch. I didn't really "scrog" I've realized. It's really a place holder I guess at this point. I have however taken my net off of Goldie. She's so bushy that she needs a trim. There is very little light hitting anything in the middle. I don't believe I can scrog in the larger tent either the plants are so different in sizes that they can't grow together nicely. I'll toss on some pics later.

small question ...? isnt that red display inside the tent going to cause problems after the switch ?

pt
It goes off with everything else. I have another outside the tent with the probe going into the tent to help with lights out Temps.
420-magazine-mobile1291437261.jpg

Nice little journal you have here. Stumbled upon it while checking new posts.. Glade to see they bounced back so quickly.:goodjob:
Some nice strains your running too.. :thumb:
Thanks twox, definitely a learning curve. I wouldn't of run such different strains if I was to do it again. Some like nutes some don't, heights will be all over the place so Scrogging will be difficult as well.

I must say... for a first grow... you definately thought everything through thorowly ... woa thats a tonguetwister heh spellingmistakes included

Pt

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Lmao, thanks. If this all works out I definitely owe it to this page. There's some really talented growers on here that have gone through their grows step by step. So really all kudos go to the fore runners here.

Re: My First Grow - Blueberry, Gold Leaf, Strawberry Cake & Pineapple Chunk

So I'm running into a little bit of a problem tonight, I had watered the vegging blues, strawberries and Piney last night with straight h2o PhD to 6.6. Everybody looked pretty happy. I came home from work I didn't notice anything amiss yet. I did some minor tucking I added a larger oscillating fan to the mix and turned off the venting fan.

One last check before bed and all hell broke loose.
420-magazine-mobile1434327769.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1003091100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile428972435.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1435906212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile666255580.jpg

Some leaves have turned up, some are kindled and some have even turned sideways in some weird way. This only seemed to affect the blues that are a sativa dominant strain.

When I went down the rh was super high at 86% I don't see anything else that was potentially wrong. And I can't think of anything else that would of had such a profound effect in as short a time period. I put the inline fan back on just at a slower speed because it cools down the tent quicker. I'll check em again in the am to see if any further damage was done or if they've recovered at all. Cross your fingers.

Seems to have made a comeback as always, leaves will show the scarring of some mistake I made for their duration of their relative short lives. Their may or may not be some kind of nitrogen problem in the big grow tent. Every girl looks very green. Can't really get an accurate picture with the blurple lights.
Blue and Goldie got a good watering last night and blue especially is starting to show some flowering signs.
420-magazine-mobile1953404036.jpg

She's just been chugging along. There were a lot of leaves in the down below that were suffering from a massive deficiency or were the recipient of splash damage that went unchecked. They definitely weren't getting much light either so they went under the knife this morning.
420-magazine-mobile840350754.jpg

I'm hoping some of these bud sights in the middle stretch the additional 6 or so inches they need to make it into the net. Keeping the faith alive for that.

All these chick's looked awesome this morning this afternoon meh. Have a few leaves with turned down tips and some others with some spotting starting. I had added 400 watts of cfl to the mix but I turned them off. So it's either the beginning of some nute burn from last night's feedings or light poisoning I think.
420-magazine-mobile1249778695.jpg
420-magazine-mobile435007172.jpg
420-magazine-mobile556384057.jpg

Seems to only be on the ones on top so hopefully it will be ok tommorow. Or no worse anyways.

Back
Top Bottom