My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

Hey Buckshot, Just read through this thread, really nice work! :bravo:

Thanks small420, glad to have you stop in. I hope to keep it up so stop back!

I hope to be back in full swing soon. I am going to try for some closeup shots ... maybe this weekend. Dr. fixed me up with some new meds so I am not sure how this weekend will go but by next week for sure.

Thanks for stopping in folks

Hey Buckshot,

Your garden looks great! I'm so happy to see your cloning experiment is going to well...I wondered if it would be reliable on a larger scale, and I love the little tu**erware tub idea. Are your cubes wet? moist? dry? I didn't use them, because I thought they might promote stem rot. Have you had any scummyness to the water? I noticed a film in one of my cups yesterday...I just changed the water. and the BW top I thought might not grow roots because it was thick and a little woody is the one that sprouted first and looks the best. I'll post some new pics soon, up to this point I've only tried this with the WW, nice to know it works with mulitple strains.

+reps for all your inventiveness and nice journalling... :bravo:

:peace:
Sq

Hey Buckshot,

Your garden looks great! I'm so happy to see your cloning experiment is going to well...I wondered if it would be reliable on a larger scale, and I love the little tu**erware tub idea. Are your cubes wet? moist? dry? I didn't use them, because I thought they might promote stem rot. Have you had any scummyness to the water? I noticed a film in one of my cups yesterday...I just changed the water. and the BW top I thought might not grow roots because it was thick and a little woody is the one that sprouted first and looks the best. I'll post some new pics soon, up to this point I've only tried this with the WW, nice to know it works with mulitple strains.

+reps for all your inventiveness and nice journalling... :bravo:

:peace:
Sq

Thanks Sqwheels. The rapid rooters I am using are kind of like a sponge and are wet. I would use these to root anyway so I don't think they will get rotten but you never know. So far they all live, the older hash bud plant cuttings are drooping a bit but still hanging tough. I am going to try for pics this weekend.

Thank you for the +reps ... I hope I already gave you yours for the clone tip, now I am going to check!!

Thanks for stopping in

I see your getting the swing of things. Soon your plants will start to seem like they are getting taller everytime you look in there. Here's a good tip to show you how much they are growing take a pic every Monday before lights out & in about 3 weeks go back & compare pics. That's what I do & the grow rate is crazy.

I see your getting the swing of things. Soon your plants will start to seem like they are getting taller everytime you look in there. Here's a good tip to show you how much they are growing take a pic every Monday before lights out & in about 3 weeks go back & compare pics. That's what I do & the grow rate is crazy.

Thanks James ... a week! I have to take pics more often than that!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Buckshot! Where did all these people come from?
Guess it's not a secret anymore that you have a hell of a grow going!
:cheer:

Thanks OMM ... and you have a hell of a blog going! Loved the story so far, can't wait for the book...

Pictures as promised

First the clone experiment

As you can see they are all still pretty green and not dead :cheesygrinsmiley: but in the next shot you will see the HB clones are drooping a bit while on the last shot of the clones you can see the bm clones are doing just fine.

still look pretty green and not totally wilted

DSC_8259_clones.jpg

The hash bud plant clones are drooping a bit

DSC_8253_clndrp.jpg

The blue moon clones are doing fine

DSC_8254_bmcln.jpg

More super snowdawg shots from today

DSC_8250_ss.jpg

DSC_8247_ssbball.jpg

This is one of the lower buds

DSC_8243_sslwrbud.jpg

Enjoy folks

one more I got this afternoon

Just a side story

My dog loves pot. He loves to come with me to work on the plants (my wife calls herself "the ganja widow") he would come in and do an inspection of every inch of both rooms. One day he sat and watched as I trimmed a couple sun leaves that were blocking buds. He caught my eye as he does when he wants something. I can "talk" with him and he will tell me what he wants by holding still till I say what he wants then he will react and I know what to do for him. I asked "do you want to go out?" he responded with the "oh you are a stupid human" look (he does that look very well) so I asked "are you hungry?" he was still but glanced at the plant close to him. So I asked "what is it boy what do you want?" ... he leans over and give a nice fan leaf a lick! No Way! I was like "you want one of these?" and I held up a leaf I had collected, he was on it, dead still. I could not believe it when he mowed down a fairly large leaf so now when we go to work he always gets a nice leaf. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_8264_ss_clsup.jpg

Lol my dog does the same thing! You know how those idiots work if it smells good they just have to taste it & if it's not their normal food they definitely want it.

Lol my dog does the same thing! You know how those idiots work if it smells good they just have to taste it & if it's not their normal food they definitely want it.

Oh, they are not idiots ... they have human slaves that do everything for them and we give them delicious pot leaves too!!

Looking good in here, that snowdawg is getting closer...
Clones look nice too-- are they under a dome of any kind? or just sprayed from below?

Too close for comfort SurfBuddy, I worry about bud rot at this point but you are right it is pretty close now.

No dome! no clone crap and no spray from below. They are plopped in ... TAP WATER :cheesygrinsmiley: no kidding, thanks to Sqwheels I am giving it a try! I have foliar fed them a few times that is it.

9 days and we have roots!!

Well I'll be ...

We got roots!! 9 days in tap water and the blue moon cuttings have the start of roots!!! The hash bud plants are looking a bit beat but I found they did that before just before they popped roots maybe some of them will live.

I know the picture sucks ... I will get a better shot but I am pretty tired right now (but excited!!)
DSC_8319_root.jpg

More excitement in the garden is SI Girl. I have not been showing her because she had not shown one trichome and I was getting pretty bummed out... not any more, now I can't wait to see how it is!!!!

DSC_8313_SIGirl.jpg

DSC_8309_SIGirl.jpg

And how could I take some shots and not show the super snowdawg :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_8298_ssnf.jpg

DSC_8307_ss.jpg

DSC_8312_ss.jpg

Enjoy folks :peace:

Hi Buckshot,

your garden looks wonderful...I love the pink/purple tint that led's cast, makes the girls look so good. that snowdawg is a beauty. and the rest are just as nice.

I'm so happy your clone experiment is going well...are the bottoms of those cubes in the water? Couldn't tell from the pic. and are there a bunch of little white bumps? kinda look like whiteheads/pimples...a bunch of mine did that just before roots popped.

w00t! Another cloning experiment showing signs of success! Good luck bringing them to full root!

Today I looked and some of S4's do not look like they are going to make it ... bummer.

Hi Buckshot,

your garden looks wonderful...I love the pink/purple tint that led's cast, makes the girls look so good. that snowdawg is a beauty. and the rest are just as nice.

I'm so happy your clone experiment is going well...are the bottoms of those cubes in the water? Couldn't tell from the pic. and are there a bunch of little white bumps? kinda look like whiteheads/pimples...a bunch of mine did that just before roots popped.

Well I looked at them this morning and a couple of the S4's are looking poor but I figured it would be worse so I am still ahead of the game!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks on the pics, I look forward to a purple strain to get some real purple shots!

Clone saga continues

the S4 Girls are looking pretty poor ... the one with the frown will be the first to go

We'll see

DSC_8340_clones.jpg

Ok so I was right there with a camera :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_8326_ss.jpg

DSC_8338_ss.jpg

Re: Clone saga continues

A little more good news, the Jamaican plant is a LADY!! Woo Hoo :cheesygrinsmiley:

The back story

I have very few of these seeds. I started 4 a while ago that never popped. I tried some of the things I heard about here on another 4 and after 9 days or so nothing. I closed the bag and was going to toss it. I missed it because as I worked it fell off the small shelf it was on and was out of my sight. Four or so more days passed and I found the bag. Only one seed had popped and it grew out the side of the napkin and was green when I found it. So I planted the napkin and all as I would kill it trying to remove it and away it went. It has grown rather strange. Anybody grown Jamaican?

By the way thank you Wailers your concert was awesome!

The back story on that

One night it was late in a shop I was working in (many years ago). The bell rang and a group of folks that I knew were “from away” came in and filled the place. Each had a mission and an item or two they wanted so when I got them all settled I asked the first for his address. He said “ Come on mon you don need tat” I said “Cool but you folks have a lot of stuff and if something goes wrong you don’t want to get screwed” He told me his name (sorry folks I can not remember it because the next line wiped it right out of my head) then his address Kingston, Jamaica … what? I looked up and they had all gathered around and one said laughing “You don know us mon?” I smiled and he said “We are the Wailers Mon!” Holy Shit, the F’ing Wailers were all standing there laughing at me with my mouth open. So the one I was writing up said “You coming to see us tonight?” I told him I did not even know they were in town and I had no tickets. He asked me how many folks I wanted to bring to the show … holy crap, I said four. He told me no problem and asked my name. He told me to let them know who I was and I would be “in” So my wife and I and a couple of friends went to see the Wailers play… and they were AWESOME!!

So I have named this plant “Bob’s plant” as he surely must have smiled on it to have it survive all that.

Soon there will be pics.

Back
Top Bottom