NYPD & More

thanks shrubhub! never thought about that.

here we go, 5 weeks in bloom. I got lucky and the unit just fits. temperature is stable.

IMG_20140223_013902840_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140223_012934833_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140223_013755967.jpg
IMG_20140223_013011567.jpg
IMG_20140223_013736686.jpg
IMG_20140223_013031300.jpg

Looking good neighbor.

im interested to see how that works out, Im planning on mixing the two spectrums at the end of these autos flowering so I can get my new babies in the ground!

Got Royal Queen Special Kush and Power Flower plus a KeralaxSkunk#1 that are going in next. Maybe some more bagseed as well.

do you think zip ties will hold it?

Yeah, they should do fine b.real. I have my canopy lights attached to the top rails with zip ties. After some members expressed their concern about losing my grow should one of my zip ties fail, I installed another looser zip tie to catch the lamp should the original fail. I check these zip ties on a regular basis and so far the original zip ties have held up for 7 months now and are still going strong.

I got lights with zip ties it works
I mean you can get a crappy quality zip tie that will suck ive seen it
but most are fairly good
Happy Skunkday Br :thumb:

do you guys think mounting it with rope is safe? LOL. I only had one piece on each side but now I have 3 on the heavier side and 2 on the lighter side.

gonna see if I can get one more lamp in there.

this is a nice grow area I'm lucky to have. the only issue is that it lets light out into the basement.

decided to throw down 1 bag seed and 1 casey jones seed since they're both regs, I think?

at this point I'm upset that I killed that beautiful bag seed I had going cause I have room for her now :/

IMG_20140224_141120631.jpg
IMG_20140224_141054204.jpg
IMG_20140224_140759848.jpg
IMG_20140224_140808468.jpg

Even minimal swaying of the light fixture back and forth over a period of time will cause the twine to run against the support beam it's hanging from and fray. Eventually you'll have some of my luck and it'll fall, even though I'm more famous for my CO2 bags falling on my plants. :(

To be honest I think a rope (not a twine) is enough. If ropes are enough for climbers they are enough for my lights.

Ropes are lighter, more flexible and easier to move around than chains. Also, remember the chain is as weak as its weakest link... keep in mind that when setting it up. Nevertheless, if you plan on keeping things in that place for a long time a chain sounds goods.

Just my 2 cents.

just caught up on reading thru this grow. i haven't tracked down prior grows of yours to read thru yet so i hope you don't mind if i ask a question or two. this is a 12/12 grow from seed correct? what soil do you use? its been a cold winter, do you have to heat the grow area? if so, how are you doing that? i have a couple more things but i'll pm them to you and not clutter up your journal. thanks for sharing your experience. if i'm going to finagle a grow someday, i'm going to have to jury-rig a space some how and its really good to see how other people approach their spaces and the challenges those spaces give. on the twine thing, if you take some cardboard, preferably a double sheet, and tack it to the board so it wont shift, it will provide a smoother, less angular surface for that twine to lay against than the corner of the board. agree with the idea of doubling/tripling of the string too.

first off thanks potchimp for steering me in the right safe direction asap.

I want to tie some good rope around it. what kinda of rope can I use? my dad has a bucket outside let me see if I can find some. it's gotta fit above the 2x4 as well so chain probably wouldn't slide through nicely unless it's really small gauge?

it's such a pain in the ass getting in there and tying that back one off. oh well gonna have at it one more time

yeah all my grows have been 12/12 from seed. soil is hyponex by scotts/scotts premium potting mix, but I've used espoma (too pricey), gardeners gold, miracle gro (good texture, but full of heavy metals and crap!) and I think that's it.

what you said in the pm makes sense but tbh this is one of the safest setups to date LOL. I don't water her in there, I take them out and do it in a bowl. I just watered her no fertilizer, so I need to make a note cause I forgot last time since I didn't!

serious 6 was very good. smelled like chemdawg to me and it grew great. fat chunky buds, also super fast flowering time like they claim. I grew 2 feminized seeds so far to test for them and there were 0 nanners on either. I have a couple more serious 6 beans.

temps don't drop too low since that room is in the basement. I'll take a reading tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it drops max to maybe 55f lights out. lights on its just under 80.. I wonder what summers gonna be like. hopefully cool cause basement.

you could use zip ties just by attaching them together and making them longer and you could also put 2 or 3 set of zip ties per
but they sell small chain links at the hardware store like the ones to hang lights with
that would be best zip ties may melt with the heat and that twine is scary

edit

oh I almost forgot

Happy Munchday Br :thumb:

also B.Real can you see the other side of the socket that you have all those things plugged into on the other side of the wall inside your crawl space? if thats the case you can very easily tie another socket into it and supply power from inside the cabinet with no wires sticking out. If this is something you're interested I can help you with a step by step guide to linking sockets inline. Im very familiar with this for american residential wiring but may need to brush up on euro stuff lol

Back
Top Bottom