OldMedMan's Aloha Journal Part 2

Hey buddy I'm sorry to hear stories like this and it pisses me off. I could almost see it happening with young teen types, because our society doesn't teach respect anymore but for adults that are in the military or retired that is just unacceptable. My brother was an American Legion member for whole life after Korea and fought for Vet rights and he was right there beside you yelling also. Sorry to say he passed with the help of alcohol but is here in spirit. Rock on you old fart. :thumb::high-five:

Hi OMM. Glad you spoke up in line there. Most folks nowadays seem to be so self involved they rarely notice anyone elses situation. Unfortunately that crosses over to when they are driving 5000 lb weapons down the road too. Glad you made it home safely. :):peace:

Hi my friend. Had to go the commissary to buy groceries today. Had to bolster my ice cream supply. My favorite late night munchies. I buy gallons. :grinjoint:

Hate to say it, but I threw a bit of a fit there, of all places. The 10 items or less counter has a big sign that states that disabled vets can go first. I was waging my o2 tank behind me. Not one person would let me in line, so I let them have a piece of my mind. Not sure of what I said, but the Commissary Manger came over and said he was disgusted with everyone and let me go through. Thank you for you're service my ass.

Other than that, my day was pretty good. Came home and watered the girls. They put me right back in a good frame of mind. :bravo: :high-five:

Told Jo...she wanted to go kick some butt!

I have scene such behavior. That kind of attitude just rolls off of officer's wives. Especially O-5 and above.

*blows everyone kisses *....hey omm! Been so busy lately but I could never forget you or the rest of my 420 family! Can't get rid of me that easily!!! Try to check in when I can!!! Love to all!!

A few pictures of the Girls

The China Yuman

chinayuman19.JPG

I'll try to get a few more pictures up tomorrow. :peace:

China Yuman is a new strain for me... It looks like a Sativa or Sativa dominant cross as the color is a bright green unlike the Kush which looks a darker shade of green...

All looking good OMM! :thumb:

Just a note: The two DINAFEM OG Kush. Were vegged inside and they started to look awful. I thought they were in need of nutes....had all the symptoms.....but I was wrong....of all things they were root bound in AirPots. I didn't think that was possible. We did really pack them, but, in my mind, that was almost impossible. I was wrong. Well, all grows are learning experiences.:tokin:

Since I'm in my first grow I may be all wet, but I have three strains growing and started way more than will fit inside my greenhouse, so while all were started in the greenhouse, I've had to move several outside due to a lack of room, but the Kush looks far happier outside in full sun where the wind can blow through it... The leaves are so green they have a blue hew to them that those still inside lack!

I may still need to remove another from inside and if I do, it will be a Kush, not the Julius Caesar... Both are 55/45 Sativa/Indica but the JC grows more Sativa like than the Kush.

I agree... I've learned I need to be far more consistent in filling my pots. I have three which don't drain as well as others, thus hold water longer and when watered the same, results in yellowing from over watering! Plus I've learned that a maximum of four perfect medium height plants is all I can maintain in my little greenhouse, so a winter grow will be small as we do get freezes...
:peace:

I don't live there right now, I sure miss it though, on the east side of the valley I can swim and fish and run amuck pretty well, I have my claws dug in pretty deep there, it's just that some of the laws there do not fit my lifestyle at all.....I WILL always carry a gun....wherever it's comfortable......whether it's in the icechest or my wasteband........California does not like folks who carry guns......it's more of a matter of fear, the statistics prove time again that where guns are carried freely the crime rate falls exponentially.......

As one who goes placer mining, I agree MC!

I don't fear being robbed or assaulted, but there are too many Noobs who weren't properly trained growing up, who watched enough TV to think anyone can shoot, and then go out to public lands rather than a public shooting range...

I've been "downrange" when some uneducated city dweller taped his paper target to a boulder larger than a VW sending ricochets down a canyon with folks skinny dipping and a buddy and I mining... I've had a couple close calls out in our public lands, closer than when running a public shooting range!

I know how to fix the problem of education, but the Anti's don't want to fix the educational problem as that would end the need for their ban, plus the fix is Constitutional by forcing Congress to do it's duty to Regulate the Militia, all classes as was intended, not a standing army...

It's been a hoot each time I document the fix and that Congress has neglected it's enumerated powers as most Anti's are unaware of the legally defined class "unorganized Militia" thus parrot the false talking points in reference to the standing army, yet cannot find any justifiable objection... When talking points haven't yet been crafted to address this fix, one finds silence... The lone Anti who marveled at my simplistic fix supported my idea... A fellow Vietnam Vet and doctor who is as far left as one could be who was surprised my fix wasn't widely accepted... Especially as the Anti's call for regulating the militia, yet don't understand that "regulation" actually means arming and training, not restricting ownership!

I had a CCW in SoCal and I have far superior training as an instructor than most law enforcement officers, thus my fix and experience is based upon education and experience, not partisanship, and if anyone wishes to discuss the Constitutional fix I'll be happy to discuss the topic civilly and respectfully

:yahoo: I'm all caught up... Dang, ya turn your back for a couple days and it takes twice as many to get caught back up with everyone!

*Hand Salute* to ya OMM... Honestly, I think the kids today are so self centered they fail to consider anyone else. Recently I asked a gal who was whining about the student loan interest rate increase why she was so concerned about the interest rate and not the principle for the tuition costs which have been growing faster than the phony "official inflation rate"...

I was attacked and called everything but a saint... When I pointed out many people didn't go into debt for their degree, including me and my GI benefits, my sister who after having three boys, divorced, worked at Denny's as a waitress full time, attended school part time and now has her Masters and is a High School teacher, or my mother who also divorced when young and went to college AFTER she retired and got her Masters debt free, I was again attacked for "bragging" about my family and I was then told, "It's harder today then when you were young"!

I was speechless... Many kids are bought up believing they are extra special, far more important than any others and even when challenged on stupidity, incapable of justifying their positions of greed, so get defensive because someone DARED to question them!

Had I acted in public as this young female I would have been summarily slapped by my mother for disrespecting another AND my upbringing, reflecting badly my mother's efforts!

You did right Brother and F'm if they can't show a modicum of respect for you, your service, your age and accomplishments much less your obvious disability... They will soon learn how tough life can be and I won't be offering a hand up to anyone I who displays "expectations" in fact I've done some serious thinking... If/When the SHTF, I'll have a couple cans of soup ready to offer... Those who whine about the lack of a can opener will be sent packing AFTER they return their can of soup!

omm my fat lazy ass finaly made it! its funny how i skip ckicking on you cuz i know im pages behind and dont have the patience to scan em all, i know its ok but i want to know what has been said,so with a guilty conscience i click elsewhere where things are slower and have less good story telling,because im lazy mostly i tell myself i will get caught up tonight,(night after night) today i said eff it im gonna go say hi and confess my transgression..im awash in shame feel free to cane,stone,flogg,or whip me
anywayz damn the ladies have gotten big and phat fat (more guilt makes me realize how long its been) lol
,they look perfect you still use the oc+ method? makes me want to try it someday,but im addicted to microbes and poop right now :rofl:
you know ive not served in the military,i tried they said i was to screwed up lol but i was raised to be considerate and respectful,be it in stores,the road ,home,phone you name it, theres a mass shortage of this quality in our society,ppl have become down right obnoxious & rude! it enrages and saddens me at the same time,its hard to have friends, i cant allow ppl to be rude and disrespectful to me,or others,so i hang with only a small few family mostly, i hope daily that manners will become "hip,cool,trendy,the new fad" again, so going out in public will be smething i like doing again! cuz right now im gladly a bonafide hermitt! and it sucks but its better than needing to go on meds for stress/anxiety/rage disorder/agoraphobia etc' lol theres not enough trichombs in the world to make me tolerate the way it is now! i feel you guys on this subject 100% its why i hang here all day the members are nice and polite and just downright lovely 420mag rules! ,ok im stepping off my soapbox, i will try to get caught up & show up for roll call more often,(hmm how many times have i said that now?) ok bid out...

As one who goes placer mining, I agree MC!

I don't fear being robbed or assaulted, but there are too many Noobs who weren't properly trained growing up, who watched enough TV to think anyone can shoot, and then go out to public lands rather than a public shooting range...

I've been "downrange" when some uneducated city dweller taped his paper target to a boulder larger than a VW sending ricochets down a canyon with folks skinny dipping and a buddy and I mining... I've had a couple close calls out in our public lands, closer than when running a public shooting range!

I know how to fix the problem of education, but the Anti's don't want to fix the educational problem as that would end the need for their ban, plus the fix is Constitutional by forcing Congress to do it's duty to Regulate the Militia, all classes as was intended, not a standing army...

It's been a hoot each time I document the fix and that Congress has neglected it's enumerated powers as most Anti's are unaware of the legally defined class "unorganized Militia" thus parrot the false talking points in reference to the standing army, yet cannot find any justifiable objection... When talking points haven't yet been crafted to address this fix, one finds silence... The lone Anti who marveled at my simplistic fix supported my idea... A fellow Vietnam Vet and doctor who is as far left as one could be who was surprised my fix wasn't widely accepted... Especially as the Anti's call for regulating the militia, yet don't understand that "regulation" actually means arming and training, not restricting ownership!

I had a CCW in SoCal and I have far superior training as an instructor than most law enforcement officers, thus my fix and experience is based upon education and experience, not partisanship, and if anyone wishes to discuss the Constitutional fix I'll be happy to discuss the topic civilly and respectfully

That is funny...the unorganized militia came up in conversation yesterday.........that says it all.........and they have the nerve to mention the constitution!

Can't argue with you there BID... and :420: does have the best members... we don't seem to have to deal with the politics, attitudes and in-fighting you see in other forums... it's what kept me here and made me finally sign up and stop lurking, lol.

You and OMM and several others were deciding factors in that, btw :thumb: :Namaste:

That is funny...the unorganized militia came up in conversation yesterday.........that says it all.........and they have the nerve to mention the constitution!

Only when they think it can be used as a bludgeon! When the goal is further unconstitutionalism, then they rely upon "precedence "As with the issue of same sex marriage...

I've pointed out that all rights are based upon the rights of the individual. If the feds have granted collective rights to some, causing discrimination, ending discrimination should be the goal, not increasing discrimination by creating a new group due special considerations when single individuals will still be discriminated against!

Naturally any rational suggestion immediately makes one "Homophobic" for wanting to insure each individual is treated equally!

Only when they think it can be used as a bludgeon! When the goal is further unconstitutionalism, then they rely upon "precedence "As with the issue of same sex marriage...

I've pointed out that all rights are based upon the rights of the individual. If the feds have granted collective rights to some, causing discrimination, ending discrimination should be the goal, not increasing discrimination by creating a new group due special considerations when single individuals will still be discriminated against!

Naturally any rational suggestion immediately makes one "Homophobic" for wanting to insure each individual is treated equally!

Very true...........my friend

I guess your right Buckshot, they may not forget.

I would love use that D5000, however I am like you in kind of a two cane way. What you see me doing is my max at the moment. When I got home from the commissary, Jo unloaded the car and put things away. I went to bed. Got up and watered the girls and went back to bed. Got up fed the birds and got on 420 and socialized with all, which seems to be my favorite thing to be doing. This grow has a way to go so....I might get to play with the D5000 yet. :high-five:

OMM

Did you get the 18-55 kit lens? If so charge the battery! slap that lens on and turn the wheel on the top to the green mark. This is totally automatic... turn it on and start shooting. The other lens is too heavy to f around with you have to be feeling good to take that bitch for a ride :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey buddy I'm sorry to hear stories like this and it pisses me off. I could almost see it happening with young teen types, because our society doesn't teach respect anymore but for adults that are in the military or retired that is just unacceptable. My brother was an American Legion member for whole life after Korea and fought for Vet rights and he was right there beside you yelling also. Sorry to say he passed with the help of alcohol but is here in spirit. Rock on you old fart. :thumb::high-five:

High beemerbill. At first I thought they were pulling my leg, but not so. I remember saying to them "What's wrong with you people? You can see I'm disabled!" Nothing. I don't want to believe everyone is that way and I don't think they are. Your Brother sounded like a fie man.

OMM

Did you get the 18-55 kit lens? If so charge the battery! slap that lens on and turn the wheel on the top to the green mark. This is totally automatic... turn it on and start shooting. The other lens is too heavy to f around with you have to be feeling good to take that bitch for a ride :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes I did get the smaller lens too. I will do that Buckshot.....soon as I wake up....just watered the girls. Thank You. Charged the batteries way before I got the camera. Got to charge my battery now.:peace:

*blows everyone kisses *....hey omm! Been so busy lately but I could never forget you or the rest of my 420 family! Can't get rid of me that easily!!! Try to check in when I can!!! Love to all!!

My Queen, you just made my day. Just so happy you are OK. :love:

I love the bird shots. The variety in birds (and buds for that matter) is great on those islands. Where the cats have not killed them all.

Great that you like the bird shots. I'll work on taking more.

Back
Top Bottom