RC - White Widow in 4 Gallon Hempy Buckets!

Re: RC - White Widow in 4gal Hempy buckets!

thanks siscokid!

Get ready for some serious growth, once the roots get to the sweet spot after the transplant!

There is one other thing for your consideration:

Plants need bacteria and mycorhizae to break down organic ferts into usable N,P,K,Mg etc. Hempy buckets aren't the best medium for that.

Consider either giving them some sort of happy bacteria/fungal product, or feeding them something that's easier to digest for them, along with the fish fert.

Either way, they look VERY nice! I love having another hempy grower here.

looking into General Hydroponics products a little. and now im a little confused

- Builds strong root systems
- Greatly increases root mass to enhance
growth and yield
- Helps plants absorb nutrients and water
more efficiently

SubCulture-M is a Mycorhizae Root Inoculant that contains a wide diversity of endo and ecto mycorrhizal fungi that colonize plant roots. These beneficial fungi form a fine network of fibrous strands that serve as an extension of the plants root system; increasing root area and helping plants absorb water and nutrients. Use SubCulture-M from germination or propagation all the way through harvest. Reduce the amount of fertilizer and still achieve superior growth and huge yields.

and

- Selected microbes are cultured to live in
high salt environments
- Biologically aids nutrient absorption

SubCulture-B is a probiotic inoculum of beneficial microorganisms that will help increase the vitality and yield in all plants. Whether in soil or hydroponics, our proprietary blend of bacteria and trichoderma fungi colonize the root zone and media to form a symbiotic relationship with your plants. Root systems will increase, as well as nutrient absorption; thus creating bigger, healthier plants. Start with SubCulture-M, add SubCulture-B to establish root systems.

could i get away with just using the subculture-m ? is the B more for soil or soil like mediums that may retain more salt? or should i use both even in hempy? is this even what i should be looking for?

thanks doc!

Hey RC, girls are looking good! I just started a hempy grow and am using Botanicare Sweet along with my nutes. It is supposed to improve the plants metabolism and help with nute uptake, based on what tunes said above you might want to look into Sweet, or another product that does the same. There are many products available. :peace:

thanks siscokid!

looking into General Hydroponics products a little. and now im a little confused

- Builds strong root systems
- Greatly increases root mass to enhance
growth and yield
- Helps plants absorb nutrients and water
more efficiently

SubCulture-M is a Mycorhizae Root Inoculant that contains a wide diversity of endo and ecto mycorrhizal fungi that colonize plant roots. These beneficial fungi form a fine network of fibrous strands that serve as an extension of the plants root system; increasing root area and helping plants absorb water and nutrients. Use SubCulture-M from germination or propagation all the way through harvest. Reduce the amount of fertilizer and still achieve superior growth and huge yields.

and

- Selected microbes are cultured to live in
high salt environments
- Biologically aids nutrient absorption

SubCulture-B is a probiotic inoculum of beneficial microorganisms that will help increase the vitality and yield in all plants. Whether in soil or hydroponics, our proprietary blend of bacteria and trichoderma fungi colonize the root zone and media to form a symbiotic relationship with your plants. Root systems will increase, as well as nutrient absorption; thus creating bigger, healthier plants. Start with SubCulture-M, add SubCulture-B to establish root systems.

could i get away with just using the subculture-m ? is the B more for soil or soil like mediums that may retain more salt? or should i use both even in hempy? is this even what i should be looking for?

thanks doc!

This is must my opinion....and it may not be the best opinion, but I can assure you I'm not just spouting, I've thought about it, read about it and asked some very experienced growers:

Going organic is not the best way to grow in hydro/sterile mediums.

The reason Hempy's work so well is because the plants don't have to spend much energy on roots and can put everything into growth and bloom. The bacteria and fungi that live on the roots break down long chain organic compounds into elements:

N, P, K, Mg, Fe, etc.

Dirt has all this stuff, and then dead animals, bird crap, flooding, worms add to it. The plant takes complex molecules and makes them into simple things the plant can use.

Hydro nutes, which are nothing more than salts, readily break down into elements, which the plant can use right away. This is why it's harder to burn plants with organics than with salts.

So, if it was me, I'd use a clean chemical fert, along with an easily absorbed organic....which is exactly what I do.

A guy who has been growing for 15 years....large grows.....says hydro shouldn't have bacteria/fungi.....says it just complicates things and clogs lines and pumps.

Hempy's are a form of hydro.....so consider going with quality, simple salt based nutes.

Soil is a whole nuther ball game.

Today was a big day in the veg closet! The second hempy clone was transplanted into her 4gal bucket. Her roots looked very nice. Many of them and very white, as were the first hempy clone's. I also transplanted the 2 FFOF clones from the dixie cups to 6" pots.

The bigger hempy was fed 5 drops/gal superthrive + 1tsp cal-mag plus + 1/4str Vigoro 10-10-10 + 1/2 str AFF 5-1-1. PH 6.0
Transplanted hempy clone was fed 10 drops/gal superthrive + 1/2str AFF 5-1-1 + 1tsp cal-mag plus. PH 6.0

FFOF clones got plain water. their roots were very healthy looking and wanting more room bad. One will become new mother for this years outdoor grow.

also im still looking into a 250w HPS w/ electronic ballast for flowering these. any recommendations?

thanks

here are the new pics!

1232010001.jpg

1232010002.jpg

1232010003.jpg

1232010004.jpg

1232010005.jpg

1232010006.jpg

thanks for stopping by! comments welcome!

:cheer: :grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

Looking good RC, gotta love how the hempys take off when the roots hit the res! Mine are just 3 wks old and the roots hit bottom 3days ago,holy crap they're taking off now! :peace:

Looking good RC, gotta love how the hempys take off when the roots hit the res! Mine are just 3 wks old and the roots hit bottom 3days ago,holy crap they're taking off now! :peace:

i would love to see pics or a journal!

Lookin' might fine! I love the way you grow with CFL's!

You're gonna love the hempy! :nicethread:

thanks doc! means alot coming from you!

thanks for checkin up 420warrior and DocBud! :rollit:

Bad news for me today,had to abandon my grow.:rip: I don't think I'm going to get to start back up either, but at least I can read all these great journals and participate and gain knowledge in case circumstances change :peace:

Bad news for me today,had to abandon my grow.:rip: I don't think I'm going to get to start back up either, but at least I can read all these great journals and participate and gain knowledge in case circumstances change :peace:

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you find a way to get things going...

Read up, do your homework, and grow something good right out of the blocks.

Do you live in an MMJ state?

may i ask what happened? im sorry to hear that :(

No Doc, I don't live in an MMJ state. That's why I have thought it through and decided it's just not worth the risk. Or maybe I should say my GF helped me decide it's not worth the risk! :peace:

No Doc, I don't live in an MMJ state. That's why I have thought it through and decided it's just not worth the risk. Or maybe I should say my GF helped me decide it's not worth the risk! :peace:

You made the right choice. While I think it should be completely legal, I wouldn't grow if I didn't have all my ducks in a row legally.

It's not worth it.

There are very few things in life that are worth going to jail over.....and growing pot isn't one of them, IMO. Cannabis warriors are wonderful people....but they have a special calling that not all of us can share.

I met another member of this forum face to face a couple times, and neither of us would even trade nugs with eachother without looking at our MMJ reco's.

So, when are you moving to California?

LOL, I would love to move to cali! I guess all I can do is read,learn, and pray my state is next to adopt MMJ laws.

thanks to everyone for stopping by and checking out my hempy grow! dont forget to check out the nuggs harvested and more to come in my other journal! :grinjoint:

so far the hempy clones are looking GREEEEEAT! (as tony would say) very green and healthy looking, they are loving life right now. i topped a few of the branches on the larger one.

the FFOF clones are looking thirsty, i just watered and fed everything.

now for the pics!

1262010001.jpg

1262010002.jpg

1262010003.jpg

1262010004.jpg

1262010005.jpg

1262010006.jpg

1262010007.jpg

1262010008.jpg

1262010009.jpg

1262010010.jpg

1262010011.jpg