Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Hi Relaxed.:ciao:
I never realized you gardened as extensively as you do, your garden sounds amazing. I've grown tomatoes and maybe some string beans in previous years, but they never turned out. Now that I've learned so much about gardening though growing my MMJ, maybe I should give regular gardening another grow this summer. hmmmmmm.......;) Its gonna be a while before I can plant anything outdoors though, there is still about a foot of snow and ice on the ground here. Temps are going up and its melting fast but still.

PS. Subscribed and catching up.;)

Hello SG, welcome ;) Thanks for all the kind words :Namaste:
:ciao:

Love it, your love of gardening ... On my business cards I have printed " the garden is medicine, cultivate." Some get it a lot don't .. Just so nice to come to a site online and find such genuine enthusiasm.. ( I migrated from a different site to here and glad for it) currently enjoying a nice lumbar/hip joint/ sciatica cluster **** and have been tending plants in compromised positions lol as described. Any how, rock on.

Welcome to 420 Magazine High yogi, you will find a warm, loving, and accepting community of support and help here, and it is a joy to see peoples grows from all around the world. Enjoy your stay :)

Weekly Update
Alright before I get to the photos here is a general rundown of the situations, I have identified 3/5 KC-45's as being female positively, those 3 were fimmed and LSTed last week and are still kind of bouncing back. For the sativa Blackberry, 2/5 have shown sex to be females, those 2 plants were fimmed/LSTed today, although I still have a lot of garden work to do for today, I still need to tie down the other one. And 1/5 of the Blackberry shown himself to be male, he will be trashed today upon further examination. So still 2 more Blackberries, and 2 more KC's that need to show sex. Again, I'm not expecting massive plants for a Spring crop, just looking for some samples, but I believe the LST/fimming are easy, and optimal techniques for a quick spurt in yield. Aside that, we currently have a pretty bad fungus gnat problem, so I will be applying another big 'ol round of SNS-203 applications as needed and also mixing up the topsoil with some organics and fertilizing the ones that are hungry for nitrogen( this goes for all plants that are up and coming). About the flowering KC-45's, I am becoming more and more impressed with the way these things are flowering, it is slightly possible there are a few pollinated calyxes, although I'm really not worried in the least because these buds are going to be fabulous. I'm going to give them an extra long flowering period to see to it they get to their full potential , I can already see a bit of magic taking place with the blooms, and I think it's almost time for a dilute solution of the high P solution grade bat guano. So I will likely give them their first dilute taste of that stuff this weekend, dilute being the stuff has no nitrogen, so I always see increased yellowing rates after I apply it. So I'm happy with the way things are looking, but the tomatos could look better, the inland ones are doing a lot better than the ocean tomatos, go figure. Good news is there doesn't seem to be any signs of worms or eggs, everything looks very stable and happy, so after I'm done writing this I am going to tend to some garden duties and probably post some more pictures throughout the weekend, thanks for clicking through my grow and I hope everyone is doing well and their gardens are doing great. :Namaste:

Side shots
IMG_118219.JPG
IMG_118316.JPG

The little Blackberry plants as a group of 5
IMG_118421.JPG

Some pics of the KC-45's in mid bloom
IMG_118514.JPG
IMG_118618.JPG
IMG_118721.JPG
IMG_118823.JPG

The runner up KC-45's
IMG_118926.JPG
IMG_119020.JPG

These are the female KC-45's
IMG_119817.JPG
IMG_119719.JPG
IMG_119915.JPG

Here we have a male and a female Blackberry plant, female on the left, male on the right (of the same phenotype too)
IMG_119621.JPG

The Male Blackberry
IMG_119120.JPG

LSTed/fimmed female Blackberry
IMG_120018.JPG

More flower shots to end the update
IMG_119418.JPG
IMG_120217.JPG
IMG_119518.JPG

Good Day to All!

looking good! you should give them all a feeding, they will really like it. why are you lsting outdoor plants?

Lester my friend, I have some catching up to do here! This a great journal to visit.

I'm am here, in hopes for your pro-opinion on this 2 part request for share.

"how often how much, would you recommend that I should be feeding Fluxy Lady"? D & S nutes

I take your answers like law, your shares are priceless.

Let me know if you'd prefer my questions like this via PM. :high-five:

:thanks:Many many :thanks:'s

looking good! you should give them all a feeding, they will really like it. why are you lsting outdoor plants?
For multiple reasons, I would like to grow plants that are not so much vertically oriented, but more like a shrub or bush. One reason is because it will increase my yield but making those lower branches into energized bud sites, and also insures that my plants do not exceed the max canopy height, as well as the fence-line where neighbors could see it. So, especially during the summer I would perform a lot of LST and some fimming as needed to control the general canopy height. But for these little plants the main reason is yield.

Lester my friend, I have some catching up to do here! This a great journal to visit, because I know that you share nothing but verified FACT, here. That's something that's sometimes hard to find, when I venture elsewhere.

I'm am here, in hopes for your pro-opinion on this 2 part request for share.

"how often how much, would you recommend that I should be feeding Fluxy Lady"? D & S nutes

I take your answers like law, your shares are priceless.

Let me know if you'd prefer my questions like this via PM. :high-five:

:thanks:Many many :thanks:'s

Awesome update! Very high drool-factor! Reps and 5 stars awarded!:thumb:

Don't take my answers like law lol, I am just one man's opinion on what we as humans see the Universe as. By combining everyone's views and ways of thinking's we can approach new foundations of society :Namaste:. As for your question, I have only used the seed starting (Step 1) of the regimen, and I used too much so it kind of hurt the plants and stunted them a bit, so I would definitely recommend starting off at half strength as a maximum and see how they respond. Depending on the hunger of the plant, I might be inclined to feed it once a week depending on the amount of sunlight. It's good to get the plant to metabolize all of its nutrients equally, so a round of fresh water in between each feeding is ideal, in a sense I think it's better to be safe and underfeed for awhile with the D&S until you feel comfortable enough the plant is vigorous enough to metabolize more. Just my two cents tho! :)

For multiple reasons, I would like to grow plants that are not so much vertically oriented, but more like a shrub or bush. One reason is because it will increase my yield but making those lower branches into energized bud sites, and also insures that my plants do not exceed the max canopy height, as well as the fence-line where neighbors could see it. So, especially during the summer I would perform a lot of LST and some fimming as needed to control the general canopy height. But for these little plants the main reason is yield.

Don't take my answers like law lol, I am just one man's opinion on what we as humans see the Universe as. By combining everyone's views and ways of thinking's we can approach new foundations of society :Namaste:. As for your question, I have only used the seed starting (Step 1) of the regimen, and I used too much so it kind of hurt the plants and stunted them a bit, so I would definitely recommend starting off at half strength as a maximum and see how they respond. Depending on the hunger of the plant, I might be inclined to feed it once a week depending on the amount of sunlight. It's good to get the plant to metabolize all of its nutrients equally, so a round of fresh water in between each feeding is ideal, in a sense I think it's better to be safe and underfeed for awhile with the D&S until you feel comfortable enough the plant is vigorous enough to metabolize more. Just my two cents tho! :)

:thanks: well said, I tend to get a little carried away occasionally!

REPS!

This journal started with 5 stars from what I saw, I gave you 5 more because, 5 stars here is a FACT!!:passitleft: kill it, very :welldone:

Great update Lester & congrats on the ladies showing their sex.

:thanks: well said, I tend to get a little carried away occasionally!

REPS!

This journal started with 5 stars from what I saw, I gave you 5 more because, 5 stars here is a FACT!!:passitleft: kill it, very :welldone:
:thanks:

Great update Lester & congrats on the ladies showing their sex.
Thank you kindly, BAR! :circle-of-love:

Sucks to have a neighbor like that. Like the lst man

Yeah, well we have neighbors on all sides of us, and one of them is on a terrace above us and has basically a full view of my garden, so I'm not really aiming to grow skyscrapers here :rofl: Here are a couple of plants from last year that in my opinion are the exact ideal proportions that fit into my backyard nicely. Although these ones both grew for 6 months before harvest, so things may be different this year as I am experimenting around with different things to see what works best.
IMG_27785.jpg
Update510_01916.jpg
:peace:

I assume the neighbor on the terrace doesnt mind then? Nosy neighbors are so many peoples downfall. Nice cluster of plants there should be some primo dope friend.

Relaxed,

Thanks for putting so much time in your journal! I am gaining some valuable information, I do have a question for you though.

Have you ever started plants indoors and let them finish up outdoors? If so, were there any differences in the results? Is there anything you need to do, except acclimatizing the plant slowly to the suns rays outdoors?

Good evening weed Lester. I'm laying on the lounge on your deck admiring the view. Your girls are looking really nice as they always do and the rest of the garden is a joy to look at. Happy Thurweedday my firend

I assume the neighbor on the terrace doesnt mind then? Nosy neighbors are so many peoples downfall. Nice cluster of plants there should be some primo dope friend.
:allgood:

Relaxed,

Thanks for putting so much time in your journal! I am gaining some valuable information, I do have a question for you though.

Have you ever started plants indoors and let them finish up outdoors? If so, were there any differences in the results? Is there anything you need to do, except acclimatizing the plant slowly to the suns rays outdoors?

The current flowering KC-45s were started indoors around December 12th, and released outside sometime in January, as seen in my 'ol winter journal Relaxed's Winter Experiment, 3/5 of those plants were male, and the 2 that we are seeing flower now are the remainder. A lot of people have excellent success starting plants off indoors and flowering them outside. Cannabis has a great ability to adapt to a lot of different changes in the environment, so I don't really see a problem with releasing them into their natural environment :Namaste:

Good evening weed Lester. I'm laying on the lounge on your deck admiring the view. Your girls are looking really nice as they always do and the rest of the garden is a joy to look at. Happy Thurweedday my firend

Good Evening Weed to you Bill, I'm about to puff a bowl in fact. I think you pinned the tail on the donkey when you talk about the lounge, deck, and view. It's like your here in spirit :circle-of-love: Thanks for cruising through and can't wait to see your stellar greenhouse, It's gonna be rocking! :cheer: :theband:

Good stuff there Lester, wish I could be that far ahead of the game for the outdoor grow, have some of the KC 45 may run a few of them. Hope you get a good one out of those Blueberry seeds, Should be a fun ride. Ready for the rain to stop here, but does not really matter nothing else will be planted or germinated till I get moved and settled in a bit , Peace and as always look forward to your grow, OG

Back
Top Bottom