Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

this is just fantastic

Thanks! I like it too :)

Hi Lester! Awesome start to the new journal! I was wondering when you were going to start a new one; of course you'd wait for the new year :) subbed.

Reading about your soil pest worries, have you considered adding crustacean/crab meal and neem cake to your mix (I'm quite sure you already use kelp meal so I left that out, but these 3 really combine to make a trifecta of soil pest prevention/elimination for anyone else interested) or using them as a top dressing combined with kelp meal? I recently caught on to this thanks to COorganics and his shares about Living Organics/organic IPM and its really been a game changer for me. gnats started showing up in my grow room a while ago, just one or two I'd notice per visit. Then lately when I stopped letting my soil dry out between waterings (this is very important to LOS growing.. dry soil = dead microbes) they really started getting out of my control fast, and those 1-2 turned into a dozen or so >.< ...

Well just the other week I finally got my ahimsa neem cake, crustacean meal (I'd share the brand but it came in an unmarked ziplock baggy hahah) and some down to earth kelp meal. I top dressed all my plants with them at equal parts (and another part of oyster shell flour but thats not part of the organic IPM) then watered them in, and 2 days later it was like a gnat graveyard. I still find one every few visits but, wow, what a difference. My only blog post is about this and what I learned when I dug deeper into the why's and how's about it... basically, you're providing chitinases (enzymes that break down chitin - what insect eggshells and shells are made of) and a natural source of neem oil which both destroy soil pest eggs and break the cycle - not to mention they fire up terpene/terpenoid development by signalling to the plants that they're under attack and need to build up their defenses, on top of being fantastic organic fertilizers already. ....still wondering why soil pests don't like kelp meal - but if Clackamas Coot says they do - they do :laughtwo:

Just thought I'd speak up, after all the first place I ever read about organic IPM was in your last journal, when you were talking about SNS uh... the systemic one. So yeah... I thought it'd be right up your alley. Hope you'll give it a shot, I don't think I'll ever leave those 3 ingredients out of my soil again :)

Happy Shatterday, hope your holidays were awesome and relaxed my friend :love:

P.S. by the way while I'm here, I've been having an isolated issue with mealybugs on one of my plants. Do you have any experience/know anyone with experience with these on cannabis? I've honestly never heard of another grower having them. >.<

Aloha Sister SoilGirl :ciao:

You made quite the entry! :cheer:

To be honest, I use pre-packaged soil that doesn't really require any extra additions. It's pretty much typical for the fresh dirt to get more gnats, because of the manure, that's why I love to use all my left over soils. On the second run there are no bugs because I let the soil sit out in the Sun, and it doesn't stink as much of manure, so they aren't as attracted as much to it. And with the supplements and teas it works just great. Re-using the soil is great :Namaste: If it was bad enough, one drench with Azamax would take care of it. Either way, chitinases or secondary neem metabolites, whatever gets the job done, right? :) Glad to see your fascinated with the soil science and everything it has to offer. :circle-of-love:

I have had mealybugs, being an outdoor grower, you tend to come across a lot of different bugs. Except these are not soil bugs, so delivering your chitinases become a little more problematic ;) I would either pick them off by hand tediously or just spray a round of Azamax and call it a day..they suck the xylem sap from the stem. They can attach themselves to the substrate and produce hundreds of off-spring, if the egg-case hatches it can be a problem so you want to get them before they hatch :cheer:

Anyway, glad to have you and your energy aboard. Happy New Year to you and yours as well :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

Fantastic force flowering fanatic, subbed up Les, Great green start for 15'!
Positive vibrations for another bountiful year brother :peace:
Aloha brotha, nothing in force flower yet. Still drawing up that plan, sure is nice to have natural flowers in January. This winter thing really worked out great, atleast so far so good. I was normally used to only being able to see them flower naturally during Summer and Fall, great to be on the other end of the stick, or both ends for that matter. :surf: Thanks for the positive vibrations, brother! :thanks:

I made it! Fashionably late of course. Looking good for the new year I can't wait to see what you do!
Welcome aboard! :volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley: Glad to have you :)

Update

Daytime temps are about 75 degrees or so. Humidity is low so I sprayed SNS-604B on the flowering plants.

KC-45 Original Zilla (2nd gen. clones), two of them have been fimmed, other one I'm going for Xmas tree style
IMG_44353.JPG

Baby Jack Herer! Already has terpenes lol :cheer:
IMG_44363.JPG

Shots from the natural flowering plants
IMG_44371.JPG
IMG_4438.JPG
IMG_44394.JPG
IMG_44405.JPG
IMG_44413.JPG

:Namaste:

Bet that garden smells like the Eden and Adam and Eve probably smoked some of that Cali goodness you got growing there Lester, and got them expelled for that.... LOL :tokin:

Amazing girls broda

Man, your buds are really taking on a nice purple color. Looking at your outdoor grow makes me want to run out and start turning soil over, but for the next month or so, I will have to be content with a small indoor Blue mystic grow.

I'm in! I'll save a seat for BAR, he won't want to miss this one. :yahoo::popcorn:

... I still got here in time for front row ... :thumb:

Ahm... Excuse me Graytail, we're cool and all but Magic was holding that seat for me. If you hurry I think you still can get something on the 2nd or 3rd row.
Can you pass the popcorn darling?
Magic :popcorn: :tokin: BAR

your plants are looking great Relaxed Lester and they took those cooler temps like the champs they are.Congratulations on that very successful 2014 grow :bravo:
Coming in Strong I know your dedication and well greased, honed,growing skills will meet..no exceed 2014's this year for sure.:volcano-smiley:

Ahoy! :ciao: Thank you very much for the kind words. :Namaste: Great comment! :thanks: :)

Bet that garden smells like the Eden and Adam and Eve probably smoked some of that Cali goodness you got growing there Lester, and got them expelled for that.... LOL :tokin:

Amazing girls broda
Now that you mention the smell, that Critical is putting out some really yummy smelling/tasting flowers. Everyone was saying they didn't like the Critical, but this stuff smells like the dank-diggity, and being purple - it's going to be quite the little treat :yummy:

Good Mornings Herb Brother Bee :volcano-smiley:

Man, your buds are really taking on a nice purple color. Looking at your outdoor grow makes me want to run out and start turning soil over, but for the next month or so, I will have to be content with a small indoor Blue mystic grow.
Right on :high-five: Sweet comment, and welcome aboard :thanks:

Subscribed
Aloha KJC :ciao:

Ahm... Excuse me Graytail, we're cool and all but Magic was holding that seat for me. If you hurry I think you still can get something on the 2nd or 3rd row.
Can you pass the popcorn darling?
Magic :popcorn: :tokin: BAR
:rofl:

:popcorn::popcorn: Here ya go, Reg. It's gonna be a great show! Did you see that purple? Beautiful!!
:thanks: :volcano-smiley:

Wait...wait... I'm here... and Gray.. here ya go... sit right here.....:circle-of-love:
High Dennise :circle-of-love: :circle-of-love:

Subscribed and from the beginning finally.

Aloha! :welcome:

is it just me? or does anyone else hear the pacific ocean in looking at these pictures
:surf: :surf: :volcano-smiley:

Thought I heard something.....no, wait....nope, just another head rush!
:laugh: Nice one ;)
I don't hear the ocean.....but I do smell it.....great job as usual lester
Mahalo Brother Boz, I smell it too :surf:

WHAT UPPPP LESTER!!!!

subbed, back to get caught up:high-five:
Howdy SGA, glad to have you aboard. :ciao:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Critical w/ upclose flower shots
IMG_44686.JPG
IMG_44545.JPG
IMG_44556.JPG
IMG_44565.JPG
IMG_44582.JPG
IMG_44595.JPG
IMG_44665.JPG

KC-45 Original Zilla clone (Pheno #6)
IMG_44708.JPG
IMG_44724.JPG

Baby Jack Herer
IMG_44676.JPG

Will snap a few more pics later, Be Well 420 Magaziners! :Namaste:

Another Thursday classic...

Good Day weed Lester. Mighty fine looking girls you have there and Sunshine Dam I miss sunshine. :) Hope your day is going just like you want it too. Happy Days. :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom