Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Another Thursday classic...
:high-five:
Good Day weed Lester. Mighty fine looking girls you have there and Sunshine Dam I miss sunshine. :) Hope your day is going just like you want it too. Happy Days. :volcano-smiley:
Good Morning's Herb Bee, hope all is going well in your world :Namaste: Have a great day. :Namaste:

:volcano-smiley:

Just so very healthy. It's a pleasure to see any plant looking happy (especially whilst my garden is still under 3 feet of snow) - but to see your girls glowing in the sunshine...it's just wonderful.

Thank you, Lester.
:circle-of-love:

Just so very healthy. It's a pleasure to see any plant looking happy (especially whilst my garden is still under 3 feet of snow) - but to see your girls glowing in the sunshine...it's just wonderful.

Thank you, Lester.
:circle-of-love:

Mahalo right back at ya brother :Namaste:

Will plan on snapping some more pics this weekend. :volcano-smiley:

Stay Toasty :circle-of-love:

Nice plants/grow!
Thank you kindly! :)

Just beautiful Relaxed....:circle-of-love:
High Dennise, Much Mahalo :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Lester, what is the temperature swing that your plants are growing in? Just fascinated by those purple buds!
Hi there. Winter temperatures range between 40-75 degrees Fahrenheit (roughly). When the Critical went into flower, it was going down to about 39. They are small buds, and so the yield on the Critical will be terrible, but I have a feeling the puff is going to be incredible. :volcano-smiley:

Subbing. I have recently planted two outdoors in 45 degree night temps, day temps of 60's... Looking forward to watching yours grow to compare against.
Hi there and welcome aboard! :welcome: Sounds like you are in the the right place, my friend! :cheer:

A few pics peeking in on the ladies. Flowering we have 4 KC-45 Zilla clones, 1 Critical, 2 BB x SM, and 1 Swiss Cheese. Flower little ladies, flower! :Namaste: This early period of natural flowering lasts only so long until things begin to vegetate, and force flowering may be required, but hoping I can squeeze these ones in before Spring and let Mother Nature do all the work.

IMG_44854.JPG
IMG_44867.JPG
IMG_44877.JPG
IMG_44887.JPG

master of your craft

is this winter growing something you do every year?? or is this a special winter for the west coast??

Every year :)

Every year :)

Relaxed Lester,

How many crops can "we" plant outdoors per year? I am in the Delta area. So 110' highs in summer, and a week of cold temps in Dec. I have a clear plastic dome top over my plants currently to protect them from night temps. By capturing the heat from the soil (raised garden bed) and the plants getting bushy, and a lack of night breezes the plants havent appeared too shocked.

They are about 6 weeks old in total, one clone, one seed, both grown indoors in a warm small veg space and then moved to 12/12 lighting for a week or two before going outdoors. so they have started 12/12 before the shock of 10H...

open a bed and breakfast,you lucky bugger:rofl:

Haha, just to clarify, even though I can grow all year. I generally grow small-medium sized plants, and with potential losses to the environment (mold/worms), it's not all fun and games. I can barely produce enough medicine for myself to get from harvest to harvest. But I can say that I am very thankful for being able to grow during the winter, it gives me the necessary supplement required to get from year to year. :Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

Relaxed Lester,

How many crops can "we" plant outdoors per year? I am in the Delta area. So 110' highs in summer, and a week of cold temps in Dec. I have a clear plastic dome top over my plants currently to protect them from night temps. By capturing the heat from the soil (raised garden bed) and the plants getting bushy, and a lack of night breezes the plants havent appeared too shocked.

They are about 6 weeks old in total, one clone, one seed, both grown indoors in a warm small veg space and then moved to 12/12 lighting for a week or two before going outdoors. so they have started 12/12 before the shock of 10H...

To be honest, the best way to figure out what works for you in your microclimate and latitude is to grow through trial and error. See what works and what doesn't work, you have to adapt to your bounds on when things start to flower, and when they start to vegetate.

I can offer some tips/advice. As long as it never actually goes down to freezing point, have hardy strains that can deal with cooler/cloudy conditions quite well, and have decent Sunlight and daytime temperatures, then you can usually produce some kind of usable medicine during the winter. So in essence, what I do is basically for each plant that you harvest, make sure you had a seedling to replace it so that the cycle stays perpetual (all thanks to the fact it does not freeze in our locations).

Also, yeah, you want to be working with sexually mature plants when you put them into flower (as you already know). But, I never see any kind of "light shock", it will probably only make them flower quicker with that much less light (which is what we want this time of year).

Be careful using plastic that does not have air penetration, if you have fully flowering dense buds in an environment like that, you are could promote fungus growth, but again, that is just one of those trial and error things that individuals must take on.

But to answer your question, in general; while I have my vegetating plants occupying the tent during the Spring, I am force flowering a crop so that I have June/July/August harvests lined up and the naturally flowering plants in the tent (fall) just flower on their own. Stuff that's left over from the force flowering routine (where they only get 7 hours of light), immediately starts revegetating when I put them outside in the fall (because there is that much more light) and those revegetated fall plants are what becomes the winter grow.

So ideally I have a 1) Spring harvest from late winter, 2) Summer Harvests, 3) Fall harvests, 4) Early winter harvests (reveggers).

:Namaste:

pot is pretty hardy. I left a bottom of one plant in the greenhouse and in late November , it would freeze at night and thaw during the day, When it thawed, it would grow more. I could not believe that it did not die. one year a long time ago ,I had planted seeds and had plants about 3 inches tall. A late snow covered them one night. I figured all were lost. No , not a one died. These are weeds. very hardy.

lester, I find that my forced ones tend to be the best looking buds. Do you find that to?:volcano-smiley:

lester, I find that my forced ones tend to be the best looking buds. Do you find that to?:volcano-smiley:

I do! :high-five: :volcano-smiley: Usually the force flowers that I harvest in June/July are the best buds of the year. :)

I can't wait to try force flowering next summer Lester, your ff plants were amazing last round. you really have everything about your grow dialed in, its always great to see, to think in winter you can grow like this astounds me haha but I've never lived in a place without drastic 'traditional' seasons (orange/red fall, white winter, light green spring, dark green summer - though admittedly seasons have been weird lately as I'm sure you're picking up on in Cali too - :) all beautiful colors - just not helpful for people that wish they could stay outside growing year around >.<)

hope you got them outside in time for a full natural budding period! But knowing you, I'm sure if you didn't you'll catch and fix that quickly if not. ;) thanks for sharing its always a nice stop in your journals! :circle-of-love:

lester. what time frame do you use for forcing. I just check sun up time and that's when I put them away. 6am sun up gets put away at 6pm and taken back out after dark. Just wondering how you do it. but that is the easiest way for me. I can't wait for spring time.

Well I see a couple folks that have nudged me along on my first Hydro grow here. I'm going to put an outdoor crop together in the late spring and want to try all organic raised beds. If you don't mind, I'll just sit in and learn a thing or two.
Thanks for sharing, M8. Grow On!!!
Peace, Andy .

Sorry I'm late, but subbed up. ;) Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom