Shiggityflip - Follow The Yellow Brix Road With The Perfect Sun 1000

The 4/20 smokathon was such a success I am planning to post up a forum wide smokathon for July 4th. Independence Day for us Americans, happy riddance day for Britain and Briexit, and just another excuse to have a smokathon for the rest of my worldwide 420mag family. I will post it up July 1st because preparation is half the fun. Link will show up here and elsewhere! Plan out your edibles, save your best dabs, roll up your best joints. Let's have a great few days from July 1-4th (and cannahangover on the 5th). Be there or be a 4 sided shape with sides of equal length joined by right angles.

forgive my ignorance but why would you want your press to heat up to 300F? Wouldn't you be destroying the goodies?

forgive my ignorance but why would you want your press to heat up to 300F? Wouldn't you be destroying the goodies?

Lex that is correct. Unfortunately most hair straighteners won't go below 300. Mine bottoms at 310. The rosin I am producing lacks a great terp profile. Which if you know me is a real no go. So I am really looking into a rosin press designed for personal use. There is one I am looking at that is a sweet deal in my opinion. It is based on an arbor press and has small 2" circular plates. It basically uses two enails that are flattened which slide into the plates to warm them to the proper temp. Having the small plates means you can squish one Nug at a time and the rosin pushes outward past the plates very quickly.

I would set the temp in the low 200s to preserve as many terps as possible. Lower temps will also produce a more shatter like product. I believe beta caryophellene vaporizes in the mid 200s so to preserve it you can go 230F. A personal press will be able to provide up to 1000lbs force so lower temps can still yield nicely. There are two brands I am looking at, the high5 and the nugrunner. Both are around 400 bucks with the high5 being cheaper. The high5 is in development for their v2 press and the nugrunner is new. This is what the high5 looks like...and the nails can be used as enails for your dab rig when done pressing. 2 nails in case you and your buddy need to dab at the same time haha.

image13881.jpeg
image13880.jpeg

The nugrunner is pretty much the same but is made from the ground up by nugrunner instead of using a harbor freight press as a base. It has a special set of plates that have a knuckle on one side and a depression on the other so it stretches your Nug into a cup shape. Here is a video of the nugrunner in operation. They however have not gotten back to me to be put on the waiting list so they are pretty darn busy! Their heaters cannot be used as enails.

[video]

So you can see one of these presses can give a sweet yield of beautiful golden rosin.(or darker if you use well cured nugs). I will probably get the high5, it is a bit cheaper and will probably be available before the nugrunner. I think either would be great. I have researched quite a bit and the other presses in that price range are based on tshirt sublimation presses and they are too large and don't give enough pressure for good yield. I also have heard they do not last. These presses will produce about 20-25% rosin by weight. Strain depend den of course. I bet huckleberry Kush would be a high producer.

And yes Cam Newton dabs I'm sure. But not as often as Johnny Football! :rofl:

Lex that is correct. Unfortunately most hair straighteners won't go below 300. Mine bottoms at 310. The rosin I am producing lacks a great terp profile. Which if you know me is a real no go. So I am really looking into a rosin press designed for personal use. There is one I am looking at that is a sweet deal in my opinion. It is based on an arbor press and has small 2" circular plates. It basically uses two enails that are flattened which slide into the plates to warm them to the proper temp. Having the small plates means you can squish one Nug at a time and the rosin pushes outward past the plates very quickly.

I would set the temp in the low 200s to preserve as many terps as possible. Lower temps will also produce a more shatter like product. I believe beta caryophellene vaporizes in the mid 200s so to preserve it you can go 230F. A personal press will be able to provide up to 1000lbs force so lower temps can still yield nicely. There are two brands I am looking at, the high5 and the nugrunner. Both are around 400 bucks with the high5 being cheaper. The high5 is in development for their v2 press and the nugrunner is new. This is what the high5 looks like...and the nails can be used as enails for your dab rig when done pressing. 2 nails in case you and your buddy need to dab at the same time haha.

image13881.jpeg
image13880.jpeg

The nugrunner is pretty much the same but is made from the ground up by nugrunner instead of using a harbor freight press as a base. It has a special set of plates that have a knuckle on one side and a depression on the other so it stretches your Nug into a cup shape. Here is a video of the nugrunner in operation. They however have not gotten back to me to be put on the waiting list so they are pretty darn busy! Their heaters cannot be used as enails.

[video]

So you can see one of these presses can give a sweet yield of beautiful golden rosin.(or darker if you use well cured nugs). I will probably get the high5, it is a bit cheaper and will probably be available before the nugrunner. I think either would be great. I have researched quite a bit and the other presses in that price range are based on tshirt sublimation presses and they are too large and don't give enough pressure for good yield. I also have heard they do not last. These presses will produce about 20-25% rosin by weight. Strain depend den of course. I bet huckleberry Kush would be a high producer.

And yes Cam Newton dabs I'm sure. But not as often as Johnny Football! :rofl:

Ya i have really no experience with a rosin press i only know how to make qwiso hash lol. You must be pretty serious about this to be willing to toss 400 bucks into it. You have definitely given me something to read up on lol my brain hurts just a little now lol. You are a good example why the stoner stereotypes need to be put to rest. Thanks for answering my question!

Hey there Shig, I'm glad you stopped by mine, been meaning to stop over here for a while.. Now I'm glad I did.
Lookin good, my friend! I'm with lexort; I never even heard of a rosin press..! The times, they are a-changin'!

Shigs, the ps 500 is even less than half the watts. 220-240w. So two of them only use a max of 480w, rather than 520w that the ps 1000 uses.

Also, just a note. The ps500 was designed differently to be able to get within 18-19 inches of the canopy without bleaching leaves or retarding photosynthesis. Same 5w bridgelux LEDs, but different blend of dual lenses.

Oh, I found a flat iron at Rite Aid that on low is about 260F. I tested it with my IR temp gun. On high it is about 380F. Conair Model # cs19vcsr

Back
Top Bottom