An inexpensive way to kill your plants?
Cold as but can’t help but giggle, I’m English and thought we had dry humour locked up 😂

Res Dog ever fancy it ping me, you’re a proper good human being. Long may that continue!

I've been growing autos in HP mix; nutes MC (3/4 strength) and transitioning to FF Bloom when appropriate - pH'd well water to 6.5 with white distilled vinegar.
Is your well water a crazy pH? I grow exactly the same as you, ProMix HP, MC in veg, then Sweet Candy and MC 2-part in flower - but in SIPs. Been doing it for three or four years now from 2litre to 40 gallon SIPs indoors and out. Weed and Veg. Above I was discussing my organic grows but 3/4 my grows are synthetics. Unless your well water is a crazy pH then you don't need to bother pHing water because the promix is so well buffered. Up to you, obviously. In the end its the medium that determines pH and as I say the two big CSPM companies both buffer heavily with lyme and add silica, and 1/3 perlite, which is perfect for SIPs, you need that aeration. MegaCrop is nice and pH stable too.

Yeah, mix up your MegaCrop just like you do, 3/4 strength and pour it in reservoir. Voila, done. My 27-gal tote DIY SIPs hold 6 gallons, which can last anywhere between two weeks in veg or 5 days during bud swell. Growth is fast, like DWC fast no exaggeration and super easy, like nothing else easy. You get huge biomass for the time growing, and ProMix or SunSHine Mix #4 is ideal. Even though the MC already has a good amount mixed in, I personally still add some more humic acid and kelp to deep-condition the peat moss to prevent any salts build-up, works good. You'll be fine just straight MC. Sweet Candy works as a great flower nute with a little bit of MC mixed in, like a gram or two of MC and a couple grams SC. Or I use MC 2 part, or even Lucas formula in the past. GH MaxiBloom works fine in flower too. But you should try to always feed less than max recommended because they are in constant contact.

I also mulch with either real mulch or a piece of black plastic. I also do bennies on top every week or ten days, but obv. that's not necc. You gotta try it, it's freakin' amazing. I grow everything in SIPs now and harvest way, way more food and weed than ever before with a lot less work and worry.

Two Cherry Cola Autos in a 27gal SIP, 3x3 grow area.
I trim em daily, but when I return, it's a bush again. Bush just gotta be a bush, even when you want it to be a tree.

20230917_082339.jpg
Those look like they're gonna make a great vape, Red. Fun to watch grow too. I just had a huge disappointment with my only Sativa-heavy strain, damn thing was a male. Snuffed it with a plastic bag from behind. Sleeps with the fishes now. Supposed to be fem seeds. Arrrg.

My vape sauce is working out so well, I'm so happy with it; mate, you're right it is such a great way to consume. I have to be careful or I'll mindlessly suck away and suddenly realize I'm not touching the ground anymore. I got over 60ml of super-strong concentrate from 8-grams of dry bud. Same with weed/grape rose wine. I like to back-sweeten it because it brings out the faint canna-flavours, but I can guzzle it like it was kool-aid on hot day, and get similarly kinda wrecked by accident.

Jealous of your healthy sativa-heavy girls right there, they look choice. Really ready to get swole. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your health issues, RD- My Dad had that same surgery, and it worked out well- couldn't eat as much as before (so he ate more often), but other than that, no problems...
I hope it goes well for you, man...:hug:
Is your well water a crazy pH? I grow exactly the same as you, ProMix HP,
you don't need to bother pHing water because the promix is so well buffered.
I've been in ProMix HP for about 3 years now, haven't ph'd anything in that time...I trusted their buffering, and it has worked out pretty good.
And, I'm a bit lazy, so anything that makes things easier is right up my alley..

Update on my two SIPs.
The Gorilla OG has struggled mightily of late. My fault.

She looks horrible but there it is. Every day I snip several caterpillar damaged nugs off her. I top feed her because she drinks very little from the res.

The other SIP is a SFV OG Kush. She wigged out first week of flower and I really had to dance to get her drinking again, but she finally came back around. Cooler weather lately so she's only drinking about a gallon per day. Fat juicy colas on her for sure. I keep her under a large net so the caterpillars don't get her.

If I can keep her healthy and happy a few more weeks I'll be ecstatic.
The Gorilla can fuck right off.

Quick SIP update - think we missed stall on the transplant from 1G coco in a perlite tray to the giant SIP! She’s praying to the Goddess Sun - the pagan heathen!

IMG_6032.jpeg
IMG_6146.jpeg

Then the laziest ever popped Auto tossed direcrly in the soil broke ground over night and has been moved into the edge of Co2 enhanced flower room. Behind her is a month old Sweet Seeds Red Hot Cookie (same as the outdoor SIP) She’s a Sweet Seeds Red Mimosa XL Auto. Going all out on red coloured plants at the moment - that Nug ‘O The Month prize is tough! 😂

IMG_6147.jpeg

Azi has been hectoring or gently suggesting I give a SIP girl a whirl in this room for a while so its good to finally have it on the go.

Sorry to hear what you are going through hopefully the surgery goes well .
Thanks a lot Ab. It means a lot.
In vino veritas
Ha-ha-ha-ha. Sounds like a legit brand name for my weed-wine. "Vino Veritas - 13% alc., 15% thc. Please drink responsibly."
Hey RD, truly sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Positive thoughts streaming your way. ❤️
Thanks Azi, it really does mean a lot to hear it from you guys. I'm pretty scared. Not of dying so much as how this is going to affect my loved ones, energy, financial etc. Plus my folks are hitting the end of life phase and I have no siblings so I'm concerned about not being able to care for them. We're all pulling together to find a way though. I finally got on disability after putting off applying for, like, ten years during which I was qualified. Anyway, that helps a lot, I'm not gonna be destitute, out on the street.
Thanks for sharing RD! Be as positive as you can! Attitude is huge and you have a good one! It's a positive note to hear you have a diagnosis now and can go forward! Best! :love:
Thanks for reminding me of the major positives, I feel the same way.
So sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis!! I don't wish cancer on anybody!! It does have a way of making us more humble. I hope you have enough cannabis to get you through the bad times!!
I used to brew homemade wines and beer. A most fun project. Tasty too. Always a treat.
Prayers and healing vibes sent to you.
Cheers Bode. I get a few flashes of proper existential panic-fear each day, but they are short-lived I'm holding up pretty well otherwise. I've passed on from the initial shock phase to the next shock phase, haha. It's true. Actually I had a bad reaction to some stuff injected via IV before a CT scan, all my muscles locked up and were in agony for 3-4 days, couldn't even lower myself onto the throne. Better now. I've ven managed to arrest the weight loss and put a few pounds back on, which feels like a miracle on my liquid diet. I'm so glad I went all out on veggy SIPs this year because I've been juicing every day for months as a result and have a freezer full of tomatoes and grapes, green pepper and celery, pears, apples, plums so I'd have garden food all winter. Lots of squash and beets on root cellar too. Stuff may well save my life. I also do wheatgrass juicing year-round.
Sorry to hear your going through the cancer shit , one of my Xs has the shit and want do therapy for it been staying stupid drunk
I'll try not to drink all 20 gallons of wine and ciders I've made too fast!
Thoughts are with you, RD
Thank you so much.
Damn ResDog, I'm sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis. :( I hope your medical team is taking great care of you.
Thanks Shed. You know, they really are. They are the lone high point of the diagnosis/prognosis but they are excellent and I don't feel like just another number. We have an excellent cancer clinic in town, about 10yrs old now, has excellent reputation and is well stocked with big names, and very considerate staffers. Pleasantly surprised so far.
Yeah, me too. Thanks, buddy; chin up.
Buds and booze like peas and carrots. Hang in there Rezdog. Prayers are with you
I'll take'm. Cheers mate.
Hey Res! My new hero! F cancer! Ill be sure to put one up in the sky for you(whatever you want that to mean i know we all dont subscribe to religion)…but weed and wine together homegrown homemade and a source of co2?!? Genius ive never seen that combo anywhere Ill have to look into that!keep up the good fight!
I appreciate any interventions and/or pleading with supernatural beings on my behalf, and am grateful.
I'm truly sorry to hear the news about your health problems @ReservoirDog!:( My thoughts and best wishes go out to both you and your family.:love:
Thanks Cola. Means a lot, really helps me, more than some might think.
Res Dog ever fancy it ping me, you’re a proper good human being. Long may that continue!
THank you Nick, very generous. Will do. PS luvin your new epic 'red light district' SIP. Or was that a fire hydrant? :rofl:
:goodluck: with the treatment and prognosis, and I hope you can keep up the amazing work through it all!
Wanted to thank you especially for sending me the message twice, no doubt realizing I was in shock for a while and not everything was sinking in. That SweetSue link was very interesting and although I am having some trouble rounding up the alcohol I need for RSO, I am very keen make some. So, thanks so much for persisting that way, it really helped a lot and made sure I didn't overlook something which helped moved my ass toward making RSO a priority - if I can pull the ingred. together. Big thanks.
My Dad had that same surgery, and it worked out well- couldn't eat as much as before (so he ate more often), but other than that, no problems...
I hope it goes well for you, man...:hug:
That sounds very hopeful. It's quite a serious surgery with many potential complications, so I am doing all I can before-hand to be in the best possible condition for it and hopefully steer the outcome this way, somewhat. Glad to hear it went so well in your father's case. I've been living with a 6mm wide entrance to my stomach since May (just now found out it was cancer).... and I would embrace any improvement. Honestly, I'd settle for just not having to have a feeding tube installed, which I'm just on the edge of requiring - because people don't do so well on those. Prolly cause they feed you soylent green or some such.

Thanks everybody, those mentioned here, and those who aren't. You are my peeps and I love you. If there's ever anything I can do to help any of you, please ask.

Update on my two SIPs.
The Gorilla OG has struggled mightily of late. My fault.

She looks horrible but there it is. Every day I snip several caterpillar damaged nugs off her. I top feed her because she drinks very little from the res.

The other SIP is a SFV OG Kush. She wigged out first week of flower and I really had to dance to get her drinking again, but she finally came back around. Cooler weather lately so she's only drinking about a gallon per day. Fat juicy colas on her for sure. I keep her under a large net so the caterpillars don't get her.

If I can keep her healthy and happy a few more weeks I'll be ecstatic.
The Gorilla can fuck right off.
Dude, those are donkey dicks! How do they compare to past, non-SIP grows of yours? Was this some of the first Sativa you've grown? Sorry you had some issues, but ya got herself some beautiful kind-bud now. Gorgeous. I salute you!

The sips are rocking day 20.

IMG_1695064968720.JPEG

& Dammit Dog, Dunno what to say, good you know now and are doing something about it instead of nursing it on.. but that's tough on all those confrontational levels, where's that pill that was in the news a couple of months ago that pretty much annihilated solid tumors in the test cases?
Adhere strictly to the plans for tackling it and recovery and much love & strength & positive vibes! ⚕️

Dude, those are donkey dicks! How do they compare to past, non-SIP grows of yours? Was this some of the first Sativa you've grown? Sorry you had some issues, but ya got herself some beautiful kind-bud now. Gorgeous. I salute you!
Thanks RD!
The two in SIPS are the largest plants I've ever grown - I attribute that to the SIP method. The Gorilla was on track to be a monster before she stopped drinking. The SFV OG does indeed have donkey dicks. Cannot wait to see how she finishes.

Is your well water a crazy pH?

To begin with, thanks so much for taking the time. My well water pH runs about 7.5 and is hard - never have had to use cal/mag.

Yeah, mix up your MegaCrop just like you do
Great. Exactly the answer I was looking for! I was thinking MC would be okay, as it's made for use every watering. I've been growing in soil/bags. I've found MC a little hot for the autos I grow, so I feared I might burn the ladies with 3/4 solution going SIPS. And . . .
You gotta try it, it's freakin' amazing.
I'm in. About to order some beans for my indoor winter grow, so the timing of all this is great. And I have to tip my hat to fenderbender for turning on to this forum. I'd been considering SIPS for my veggie container gardening next year and for some unknown reason :lot-o-toke:didn't connect SIPS with canna.

I am having some trouble rounding up the alcohol I need for RSO, I am very keen make some.
I get it on the Zon, just ordered a gallon of pure cane non denatured 190proof, less than 30 days ago. Like $125 delivered.

I get it on the Zon, just ordered a gallon of pure cane non denatured 190proof, less than 30 days ago. Like $125 delivered.
It’s regulated here. Anything that strong they make taste like vomit so nobody will drink it. We have some pretty strict rules around spirits - put in place to try and save some lives, so I don’t complain.

Thank goodness crack came along and saved us all from alcoholism. Fek.
1add2c3321b851d8c736aa55b4c76bf5b9935876.jpeg

Everything I see on CAD Zon is denatured. Does that mean butane is my only option?

But wouldn’t my pressure cooker extraction into propylene glycol be a workable analogue, considering how well I’ve got the solvent action to work over time with my constant, iterative dev process?
50A3B7E7-097D-4166-B57B-DEB2372CCB7D.jpeg

I shouldn’t be asking, I should be researching, because I dont know what all else constitutes RSO. In the final analysis, I think I’ll try putting it into large gelatin capsules. There’s decent evidence of cannabinoids slowing cancer progression, and working well on some of the symptoms I’m suffering also. Good thing I grow in SIPs or I’d run out of weed eventually!
57974e5fecada235df68180381d30e3bf359b6be.jpeg

As it happens I already applied for a medical extension of the 4 plant minimum, I must’ve had a good application (I engaged a third party to make one on my behalf) because I was granted a license for over 80 plants. Told them I juiced two plants per day. lol. …. In case someone else is applying or thinking of applying for the Canadian medical-based expansion license, tell them you juice them. lol.
c5ef2142c7fccf827b6af91a1e201fb689fc7961.gif

I can also be a designated grower for someone with a med license but doesn't want to grow or cant. I would consider doing so for someone who needs the help, you can be anywhere in 🍁, We’d come to a private, personal agreement, but I am willing, even to create consumables for someone like vape sauce and/or RSO… or a pain salve too, as I’m looking into this, trying to Suss who’s got the most effective salve recipe that I can handle on my own or nearly so.

Guess I'll take this over to the medical forum. Ciao baby!
70e513b222c8f26a3d33fd82d32ecb9a71f5661f_2_345x232.jpeg

Hey @ReservoirDog Im sorry about your diagnoses😭❤️. Cancer sucks, I just lost a grandson to it. I get Everclear 190 out of Alberta for my oil still. Maybe that would work for you. Its $50/bottle so it aint cheap. Lemme know, I got an extra bottle. If it will work for you it's yours. At least you can try it before you commit a ton of cash to getting it brought in. I will mail it next week when I get home to Kamloops if you think its what you need.

Hey @ReservoirDog Im sorry about your diagnoses😭❤️. Cancer sucks, I just lost a grandson to it. I get Everclear 190 out of Alberta for my oil still. Maybe that would work for you. Its $50/bottle so it aint cheap. Lemme know, I got an extra bottle. If it will work for you it's yours. At least you can try it before you commit a ton of cash to getting it brought in. I will mail it next week when I get home to Kamloops if you think its what you need.
Man, really sorry about your grandson. Thankfully I've thought a lot about death as a part of life for a long time, and I think it's really helping me be and feel calm, 99% of the time. The toughest thing is deciding what your natural/experimental medicine vs. Scalpels, Radiation and Chemo poison, ratio is gonna be. Like, do I do ALL the things, or do some hurt the effectiveness of the others? Because the socialized system hasn't taken on Canna yet, and will take a generation (at the earliest) to get there, so there's only reading between the lines available as a means to figure it out. As it happens reading between the lines is my superpower, but it doesn't make it any more enjoyable, esp. given the non-hypothetical nature. It may be an exercise, but it ain't no drill.

I am not pre-occupied with croaking or not croaking. I am pre-occupied with suffering and not suffering, and also not causing my family undue hardship. I have no issue causing my loved ones hardship more generally, I've been doing it 50 years now! But when it comes to lasting hardship, that is just not cool. I've been walking around in rags for years now so I could pay off my mortgage in this lifetime and I'm only a year away. I wont suffer the thought of gambling on some big trip somewhere to see a cancer shaman, all financed by a reverse mortgage or loan. Passing on this resource to my child is a major life goal and will be very important for her life.
38f94997f31d6a2134f01a0ed2513e99724a37f2.jpeg

I would gratefully receive the Everclear Gee, for my RSO. But I'd love to be able to send you the 100$ worth of Australian charcoal (usually used in DIY smell filters or to recharge old filters.) that I've kept, in unopened original packing, for a year. I'll DM you my deets, feel free to do same.

Man, really sorry about your grandson. Thankfully I've thought a lot about death as a part of life for a long time, and I think it's really helping me be and feel calm, 99% of the time. The toughest thing is deciding what your natural/experimental medicine vs. Scalpels, Radiation and Chemo poison, ratio is gonna be. Like, do I do ALL the things, or do some hurt the effectiveness of the others? Because the socialized system hasn't taken on Canna yet, and will take a generation (at the earliest) to get there, so there's only reading between the lines available as a means to figure it out. As it happens reading between the lines is my superpower, but it doesn't make it any more enjoyable, esp. given the non-hypothetical nature. It may be an exercise, but it ain't no drill.

I am not pre-occupied with croaking or not croaking. I am pre-occupied with suffering and not suffering, and also not causing my family undue hardship. I have no issue causing my loved ones hardship more generally, I've been doing it 50 years now! But when it comes to lasting hardship, that is just not cool. I've been walking around in rags for years now so I could pay off my mortgage in this lifetime and I'm only a year away. I wont suffer the thought of gambling on some big trip somewhere to see a cancer shaman, all financed by a reverse mortgage or loan. Passing on this resource to my child is a major life goal and will be very important for her life.
38f94997f31d6a2134f01a0ed2513e99724a37f2.jpeg

I would gratefully receive the Everclear Gee, for my RSO. But I'd love to be able to send you the 100$ worth of Australian charcoal (usually used in DIY smell filters or to recharge old filters.) that I've kept, in unopened original packing, for a year. I'll DM you my deets, feel free to do same.
Sounds like a plan RD, just gimme a few days, Im back home Friday night or Saturday morning. Stay well Brother👊

It's a Hornby week at a buddies shack😎. Just me, Missus Gee, and the 2 dogs with all the tourists gone😊

Back
Top Bottom