Spring's 2nd auto Grow under CFL's. Auto Bomb and Big Bang Auto

Why does my bud smell like grass clippings when I dry!!!!!!!!!????? Placed in card board box small, temp around 79 with some ventilation but liitle at best, RH at 48%, in the dark. Help.....

After you cure the bud properly you will get a good portion of the smell back. after 4 days of drying they smell like dead plant but after about 3 weeks the smell will come back

You're right on it Green Knight.
It's the plant releasing the Chlorophyll that makes it smell hay'ish.
Curing will "Cure" this for the most part.
Just remember to burp your jars so the bud can release that Chlorophyll that gets trapped in the jar when its sealed.

Guys thanks for the input!! I feel much better. I just harvested more today. I'm really letting these two girls go longer than my last autos. I have everything dated and identified when I dry and Jar. I have been smoking to fast so I have not had a chance o smoke this at 3 weeks yet.

I still have buds to harvest but here are some for a sneak preview. The bowl is Big Bang and the other Auto Bomb. I will also be adding the auto's to my new grow. Giving me 3 auto's and two female regs. for my next grow.

IMG00263-20130115-17131.jpg
IMG00264-20130115-1906.jpg

Looking like a nice selection Springa!

Hey Springa:)
Just a little comment in regard to yours saying about the smell.. The way I normally dry my big cola's is to hang them upside down in room temp contant fan circulating air, and for my smaller ones, I either peg them to a clothes horse in the same room or sitting em on some fine mesh works well too if youre getting air under the mesh too.
And then I usually spread out the smaller ones onto brown paper bags and I turn them over once or twice a day, these usually dry within 3 days or so and release their smell as soon as you touch them.
I have tried the darkness thing, but IMO, a normal room with blinds down would be fine just need air moving around your buds - BUD ROT IS NOT GOOD!! But try not to let your buds all touch and sit ontop of each other.
THATS ABOUT ALL MY GENIUS USED UP:) Hope this may help a tad?? Later Springa!! Smokemup

Thanks guys... Soy good to see ya!! Ismokes... Yeah man the harvest is a bit small but the bud looks good and should cure well if I don't smoke it all! Looks like I may see close to 2 OZ's from the Big bang and just a bit over an ounce from the Auto Bomb. Remember I burned the piss out of my Auto Bomb main top. She never recovered from that. So yield was effected. I'm happy with them. My new grow will probably be 4 auto's and 4 regs two of which are female. I have more beans but not the room. I'm sure the Sleestacks will turn out male but that's cool I want the pollen!! I have one think different, 1 royal queen critical fem, and two sleestacks in soil now. Been abut 5 days. I have 2 more sleestacks and a candy kush in water now. The other think different and auto mazar will be in water tonight. Need to make sure I have more soil ready before I germ them.

I know Don Paul is super busy with domestic items. Does anyone know how he added nutes to his DWC set up. In other words what concentrations. The 2l bottoms take little water roughly 2 cups each. Would I just mix up a gallon of my nutes and add what the bottles will need with regard to water level?

I'm really looking forward for the next run spring. Awesome strain selection, I'm very interested in each and every one of them LOL!
About the DWC, I'm not sure man.. To be honest I never tried it because of those little issues. You already have your airstone and pump, I say just pick a new container and put a little netpot :thumb: Choose a container that's most convenient for you. Make your own drain/refill rigs or whatever.. you know? I always saw a 2L bottle as too little to work with for a dwc.

I look forward to your next grow mate!

I agree with iSmokes though; up the container size a bit. You've got the rest of the kit and could get cheap catering buckets and have a decent sized res. The res is so tiny in those 2l jobs I can only imagine that controlling pH and EC will be a perpetual headache. And if you don't control it then its going to be all over the place and will hurt the grow. A larger res would give a lot more stability and make life much easier.

Back
Top Bottom