The Challenge: Cardboard Flowering Box

Okay, folks! Post your comments now! I welcome all well thought out and well-intended critique.

I think it was a success overall. :high-five:

As a test it brought many changes and future changes.

Lights placed better for better over all coverage

For sure different nutes...what a mess.

No air-stone next time..

Overall it was proof that you can grow in your conditions and you've seen proof of what you can expect in the future. Well Done ! :bravo:

I think it was a success overall. :high-five:

As a test it brought many changes and future changes.

Lights placed better for better over all coverage

For sure different nutes...what a mess.

No air-stone next time..

Overall it was proof that you can grow in your conditions and you've seen proof of what you can expect in the future. Well Done ! :bravo:

You are too kind. Your encouragement is well received and even desired. I'm glad someone actually READ the results from Test1!

I have an idea for what to do about the wasted light.

The messy nutes have already been taken care of: BPN FOR LIFE!

Air stone is already removed, and results will be recorded here after Test2 is complete.

Proof of pigmies is all that's been proven, so far! :rofl:LOL!:rofl: but Test2 should prove to be of increased difficulty requiring more of my growing skill.

Expectations for TEST2:

Going into Test2, while the environmental conditions are optimal for Cannabis, I expect to find that T5HO lighting is inadequate for larger plants. This way I will not be disappointed when only the topmost buds are well formed. On the other hand, if I have included enough T5 fixtures and performance is better than expected, I will be pleasantly surprised and will add another success to my belt in any case.

Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part with Liquid Blue Bloom Booster (that's a tongue twister) is the star of this grow. I am expecting to have better results with nutrient balance and strength than I had with the previous nutrient system- less messy, too! I also know that with this nutrient line, if any problems arise, Corey is only one journal post away, or maybe a PM, and the advice and result of that advice will be posted in the journal.

The air stone has been removed from the reservoir in order to see if bacterial growth in the airspace is reduced. My reason for this, is while MOST bacteria are not harmful, even helpful to any successful grow, this will reduce the chances of any harmful bacterial growth in the future.

I will also be playing around with various reflectors between the grow trays to help eliminate lost or wasted light and to sort of broadside the taller plants in order to get light underneath the canopy to reduce under developed buds. If successful, it should increase overall yield and result in less wasted plant. This will also help reduce the need to harvest in as many stages to remove the "ripened" flowers so as to let light reach the lower developing buds.

This will also let hone my Low Stress Training technique and gain better knowledge of how to train in a HYDRO environment as there is now no pot to which to conform. I used to LST quite well when growing in soil, but now..... I have to figure out a better way to achieve the same beautiful results.

Also, since there is a ScrOG involved, which is something I've never done, in soil or otherwise, it should prove interesting as how how I deal with this style of growing. I fully expect that while this style useful in some applications, it is not suited for this space or lighting. Then again, if I can figure out some way to disperse the lighting throughout and therefore get better yield from the lower buds, it will be an option for flowering out a mother as I rotate through plants in my never-ending search for my "Perfect Purple" strain.

I will also be adding a second circulation fan (one for each side) to keep air moving over all the plants throughout the grow space. Additionally, I will be looking for some way to cool the nighttime temperatures to around 55 degrees Fahrenheit to increase the chances of a true "Purple" plant for the bag appeal.

The stage is set.
The lights are on.
The nutes are mixed.
The power is mine.
The results will be shared.

I will say this, you've covered all you intend to do, so we the audience can watch as it unfolds.

I like the idea of moving reflectors around for optimum coverage. I think you will be surprised by the bottom buds growth. Tally Ho! :thumb:

I will say this, you've covered all you intend to do, so we the audience can watch as it unfolds.

I like the idea of moving reflectors around for optimum coverage. I think you will be surprised by the bottom buds growth. Tally Ho! :thumb:
:circle-of-love:heheh, I'm glad there's at least one person that enjoys (or at least fakes it well) my microscopic detail of everything, my thought processes, intentions, results and such. heheh:circle-of-love:

Great success. Let us know what the final weight is. However, it's most likely right there in that window of 6-14g. Live and learn and have fun..that's what it's all about.

Can't wait to see the results and critique on BPN. I just started using the 2part with BB and will have a journal going up soon. Huge army of BPN now - So far I am seeing great results and it's easy to use.

To bad they didn't turn more purple. Lot's of purp love here at 420 I noticed.

Will check out run2

:circle-of-love:heheh, I'm glad there's at least one person that enjoys (or at least fakes it well) my microscopic detail of everything, my thought processes, intentions, results and such. heheh:circle-of-love:

I do enjoy it. The detail is actually done very well. I wish more people would be so detailed. It helps us all. Truthfully all good growers at least try to explain what they are doing. I like to do it Just in case I'm doing something wrong, someone can tell me. Hate to say it, most of us do learn from our mistakes. :bravo:

I do enjoy it. The detail is actually done very well. I wish more people would be so detailed. It helps us all. Truthfully all good growers at least try to explain what they are doing. I like to do it Just in case I'm doing something wrong, someone can tell me. Hate to say it, most of us do learn from our mistakes. :bravo:

I've learned most from observational error and applying new things to correct it. I too have the luxury of reading other's posts and learning from them as well :) Details help

As I too learn from others as well as my own mistakes, so I'm glad to pass it on! If glad that others can glean anything from my recorded experiences, it's all for the better I think! It jsut feels good to FINALLY give something back, meager as it is, to the community. I have taken so much already and was beginning to feel a bit selfish with collecting so much information and not sharing my own. Now, at least there will be a steady flow of flowering threads from the ole jandre2k3.

To wit: Test2 just started today, and I already have 16 clones getting ready for the third run. I had 7 Thing2, 2 Plush Berry Kush, and 7 Green Fluffy Bunnies. I say had, because I cut one of the Thing2 clones too small and it languished in the starting cube. I have since replaced it with a Lamb's Bread clone so I still have 16 getting ready, and will have vegged 7-8 weeks at the harvest of Test2. I will have a full SOG grow of at least 4 strains on the third run. Look for that one soon, I shall post the link here if anyone should want to follow along.

I wish to make my Cardboard Flower Box, not famous, but INFAMOUS!! To have a bad name, only draws more attention. . . . .MWaahahahahahaaaaa!

No really, I only wish to prove that anything can be done if you only have faith in your own abilities. As long as you set your mind to it- You can do it! No matter the criticism that may come, if you're determined, you just might succeed.

The Results

:cheer:Harvest Dried:cheer:
Starting the cure: 12.2g (0.43oz) TOTAL WEIGHT
So a little over a quarter, but not quite a half ounce. Looks like I called it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

4.5g Ken's Grandaddy Purple
3.2g Green Fluffy Bunnies
4.5g Thing2

Thing2 has developed a STONG fuel smell. I'm thinking Sour Diesel...yes, it's that strong, but it has purple undertones, so we may just have a Blue Diesel on our hands! that would be cool.:thumb:

pics.
032112225256.jpg
Image832.jpg
Image842.jpg
Image822.jpg

Holy shit. Winter wonderland frosty goodness right there. Good call on the weight.
hehehe, I'm waiting till The Challenger gets home in the morning for a test, just took them off the hooks tonight and jarred them up, she didn't even know about it. She'll walk in to those three jars on her desk. Nice way to come home after a hard night's work, eh?

Back
Top Bottom