TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

the outside sticky will leave as the smell leaves. you know they are done with the smell starts coming back. they will be sticky just not on the part that touches stuff as it wears off. i know you are excited. you did great. be prepared they shrink allot bro. my biggest bud at over 60% dry was 65 grams and when totally dry it was 37 grams. i wish i would have weighed it wet. i know it had to be 1/4lb wet or more.

Th oh man i am baked smoked a couple bowls with some friends and wow over 1 hr i took like 12 hits and bam bro i am Blueberrie'd. You are so gonna love them. My next harvest is C99 and hello C99 is the bomb. I will see but i am sure i will hit around a lb dry after harvest. 1 plant 80 plus days veg lmao. I am with you bro learning as i go. I has 600 watt hps and 180 watt led(114 actual) hitting her in a 25 gallon AIS pot. I use a couple products most dont is why i get such huge buds. When you get phone time pick my brain a bit bro.

Well by trimming them wet they are drying pretty fast so I have to keep an eye on them. The RH inside the tent is 50% and the temps are at 78F. I turned the exhaust fan down, I don't want them drying too fast.

Thanks for the props everyone, looking forward to sampling some after its been properly dried and cured.

Well by trimming them wet they are drying pretty fast so I have to keep an eye on them. The RH inside the tent is 50% and the temps are at 78F. I turned the exhaust fan down, I don't want them drying too fast.

Thanks for the props everyone, looking forward to sampling some after its been properly dried and cured.
now remember when they seem to be getting dry do the stem test and also use a paper bag. that will slow them down and even it out better. again bro you rocked this one good.

What the hell!!!!! I go on vacation and his is what I come home to?? Congrats on a nice harvest TH. Don't stress to hard over the immature popcorn. U will get some high grade meds. Any wait for a final weight and smoke report. :bravo:

now remember when they seem to be getting dry do the stem test and also use a paper bag. that will slow them down and even it out better. again bro you rocked this one good.
They were drying pretty quick, stems still soft, but dry to the touch so I put them in paper bags to finish drying, I will keep them stirred up until the stems crack.

WOW TH!

That is a very awesome haul. Good work. All that trying had payed off!

What the hell!!!!! I go on vacation and his is what I come home to?? Congrats on a nice harvest TH. Don't stress to hard over the immature popcorn. U will get some high grade meds. Any wait for a final weight and smoke report. :bravo:
Thanks for the props, I'm going to wait until they are cured before trying again.

yes you dont want them dry in 3 days you want them dry in 7-10 days to 55-65% so you can jar them. as they get to 55% in a jar add a 62% till they get to 62% then remove the pack and let them drop to around 55 again and repeat. its tough but you will get it down. this is the most important part. the cure/dry is where most fail big time. if you can't compare yours dried/cured to the ones they pay $40-60 an 8th for in the shops then you missed your mark. do expect that as you learn to grow better your skills on drying/curing will also get better. take notes. so you can do more research and tweak it a bit. I will be making a dry/cure cabinet that a friend has and then from boiling water to smoking them is 7 days( yes done in 7 days) that is what i am working towards. I wont be able to share the cabinet specs as i dont have permission to. I will build it next week so i can use it on my C99. So bro you can talk to me offsite and i will after i make mine help you with one.
For now bro turn them in the bag/bags 2 times a day. even set them back out for 15 min here and there you dont want mold. you got my number if you need call me.

yes you dont want them dry in 3 days you want them dry in 7-10 days to 55-65% so you can jar them. as they get to 55% in a jar add a 62% till they get to 62% then remove the pack and let them drop to around 55 again and repeat. its tough but you will get it down. this is the most important part. the cure/dry is where most fail big time. if you can't compare yours dried/cured to the ones they pay $40-60 an 8th for in the shops then you missed your mark. do expect that as you learn to grow better your skills on drying/curing will also get better. take notes. so you can do more research and tweak it a bit. I will be making a dry/cure cabinet that a friend has and then from boiling water to smoking them is 7 days( yes done in 7 days) that is what i am working towards. I wont be able to share the cabinet specs as i dont have permission to. I will build it next week so i can use it on my C99. So bro you can talk to me offsite and i will after i make mine help you with one.
For now bro turn them in the bag/bags 2 times a day. even set them back out for 15 min here and there you dont want mold. you got my number if you need call me.
I open and turn them three times a day. I can't set them out I have no room for that many buds (good problem), but I do leave them open for 15 min once a day after turn them. Some of the stems are starting to snap at the ends but still bend farther up. I'm taking my time, I have plenty of meds so there is no hurry, quality is preferred.

also only fill each paper bag 1/3 i am sure you need a few of them.dont totally seal the top just roll it a bit. i may have not mentioned that. So i am removing dead fan leaves and man thi sc99 is allot more stinky and sticky compared to the blueberries. i cant wait and i also checked them over allot closer and 2 weeks might be it. I need them to fatten up. i so need to get some close ups. first i ahve 2 more hrs of cleaning out all the dead leaves. Man this plant is so huge. i think about 1/2 this size is perfect. Wish i could put her outside but she is to heavy to move.
Question bro how many fan leaves did you loose in the BB flower? i am checking to see cause i am gonna try this nute line i was told to use and if i dont like it i want to know what everyone else is using. I dont want to loose any fan leaves in the future grows.

Mines in jars curing in 3-4 days and my herb blows doors on the shops that are charging 40-60.

also only fill each paper bag 1/3 i am sure you need a few of them.dont totally seal the top just roll it a bit. i may have not mentioned that. So i am removing dead fan leaves and man thi sc99 is allot more stinky and sticky compared to the blueberries. i cant wait and i also checked them over allot closer and 2 weeks might be it. I need them to fatten up. i so need to get some close ups. first i ahve 2 more hrs of cleaning out all the dead leaves. Man this plant is so huge. i think about 1/2 this size is perfect. Wish i could put her outside but she is to heavy to move.
Question bro how many fan leaves did you loose in the BB flower? i am checking to see cause i am gonna try this nute line i was told to use and if i dont like it i want to know what everyone else is using. I dont want to loose any fan leaves in the future grows.

Mines in jars curing in 3-4 days and my herb blows doors on the shops that are charging 40-60.
I only put them one layer deep in the paper bags. I have tons of them, here in LA the plastic bags have been banned and its like the old days where you had paper bags stuffed everywhere, except now you have to buy them.

I put together a quick little post of making a light baffle for the tent intake vent, if your interested:

Baffle

Well this journal is almost over, maybe one more post after the cure for a final verdict. The buds were dry enough to put in jars today. The real thick stems still don't snap but all the smaller and medium ones do. So they are going to cure now, I will keep an eye out for condensation and open them every day twice for a week. But they feel pretty dry and the bud is pretty good. I would give it a 7 out of 10. I was hoping for at least a 9 but its my first grow I'm proud of it.

About 7 buds had to be trimmed so that they would fit into the 1/2 gallon jars.
P6024734.JPG

Here they are in the jars. All together it took 6 1/2 gallon jars and 7 quart jars.
P6024736.JPG

The total tally at this time 710 Grams dry and trimmed. No popcorn, I have another 113 Grams of Popcorn.

So Maggies Farm guessed the closest at this time within 20G Tamir was 22G off, there will be a final weighing after the cure, I expect it to go down a little more.

MaggiesFarm 730 Grams
Tamir 688 Grams
TrysHard 800 Grams
DC420 678 Grams
Pinky Green 624 Grams
SmokerJoe 615 Grams

Back
Top Bottom