Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.3
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering? 4x day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Canna Aqua, as recomended by canna
Size or Square Footage of Room? 8ft x 18ft x 8ft tall
Others, I have 6in votex fan mounted in ceiling, a line goes from outake to phresh air filter. I have a 6in intake coming from outside with screen over both ends. I have raw concrete floors, sheetrock walls/ceiling, all insulated with R13. (I live in California, barely drops below 40 deg). I brought 2, 20amp lines to the room. (considering another 1000watt next round).

So construction of the room was pretty easy, I just put one wall dividing the garage in half, and put a door from my room, into garage. I went around the corner to local Hydro store, and I got a tremendous deal for all my equipment/nutes because I bought everything in one swoop. Total atm for materials, equipment, and clones is around $2600.00. I went with all the goods though,
Sun System Magnum XXXL Hood
C.A.P Nextgen electronic ballast 1000watt / 90-260v
C.A.P Ebb and Grow 55gal automated feeding system. (Thanks Pit Viper, Green Island and all the rest of you who had journals about this system.)
Phresh filter 6in x 24in activated carbon filter.
Votex 6in inline fan
Rope ratchets. The yoyo's can't support the huge hood. I really like these though.
Hortilux HPS 1000watt bulbs = 2
Canna Nutrients Aqua Vega A & B, Rhizotinic, Cannazym.
Testers/Plastic/Mylar/ect....
Here is a pic of the goal.
2936311057_4fb9ae26bb.jpg

So, now onto whats going on currently.
I brought home the girls on Friday from Harbor side Dispensary in Oakland, and I put them right into the buckets. I went with recommended light feeding schedule from the Canna website. I am using distilled water from the store, (30gals lol). I put in the recommended nutes, and the Ph was at 6ish, (digital tester comes today via amazon) and ppm was at 496 so I called it good.

All was good, until it got cold last night. I went into room this morning and the room was 62, 68 at canopy. The res dipped down to 58. Heres some pics of the girls, I bought a digital heater today, and set it at 68. I am concerned by the slight yellowing, and a little bit of drooping. Let me know what you guys think. I am cramping in the hands, (time to medicate ;)
upclose21.jpg

Upclose_1.jpg

Drooping.jpg

All_8.jpg

and here is what i am smoking atm
Green_Crack.jpg

Nug10.jpg

I know that it could be transplant shock, so I sprayed a B1 foliar 2 hours after lights out. Oh, and I bleached the floor 2 times so those are just oil stains.
Look forward to hearing comments.

Hi everyone
First things first to get you guys familiar with my setup

What Strain is it? Blueberry X Haze = Blue Dream
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, Indica 60 / Sativa 40
How Many Plants? 8
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 3 days since dispensary
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 55 gal max, 35 gal atm
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 68F
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Hydroton
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Flood buckets
If Hydro, What is PPM. 500
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?1000watt HPS 1
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.3
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering? 4x day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Canna Aqua, as recomended by canna
Size or Square Footage of Room? 8ft x 18ft x 8ft tall
Others, I have 6in votex fan mounted in ceiling, a line goes from outake to phresh air filter. I have a 6in intake coming from outside with screen over both ends. I have raw concrete floors, sheetrock walls/ceiling, all insulated with R13. (I live in California, barely drops below 40 deg). I brought 2, 20amp lines to the room. (considering another 1000watt next round).

So construction of the room was pretty easy, I just put one wall dividing the garage in half, and put a door from my room, into garage. I went around the corner to local Hydro store, and I got a tremendous deal for all my equipment/nutes because I bought everything in one swoop. Total atm for materials, equipment, and clones is around $2600.00. I went with all the goods though,
Sun System Magnum XXXL Hood
C.A.P Nextgen electronic ballast 1000watt / 90-260v
C.A.P Ebb and Grow 55gal automated feeding system. (Thanks Pit Viper, Green Island and all the rest of you who had journals about this system.)
Phresh filter 6in x 24in activated carbon filter.
Votex 6in inline fan
Rope ratchets. The yoyo's can't support the huge hood. I really like these though.
Hortilux HPS 1000watt bulbs = 2
Canna Nutrients Aqua Vega A & B, Rhizotinic, Cannazym.
Testers/Plastic/Mylar/ect....
Here is a pic of the goal.

So, now onto whats going on currently.
I brought home the girls on Friday from Harbor side Dispensary in Oakland, and I put them right into the buckets. I went with recommended light feeding schedule from the Canna website. I am using distilled water from the store, (30gals lol). I put in the recommended nutes, and the Ph was at 6ish, (digital tester comes today via amazon) and ppm was at 496 so I called it good.

All was good, until it got cold last night. I went into room this morning and the room was 62, 68 at canopy. The res dipped down to 58. Heres some pics of the girls, I bought a digital heater today, and set it at 68. I am concerned by the slight yellowing, and a little bit of drooping. Let me know what you guys think. I am cramping in the hands, (time to medicate ;)

and here is what i am smoking atm

I know that it could be transplant shock, so I sprayed a B1 foliar 2 hours after lights out. Oh, and I bleached the floor 2 times so those are just oil stains.
Look forward to hearing comments.

I'm growing the exact same strain and I'm about 2-3 weeks from harvest.

Here's what I can tell you about Blue Dream:

1.)it's gonna want to bush out and take up a lot of space, mostly air. The foliage isn't that dense.

The next time I grow this strain i'm going to trim the lower branches when I make the switch to 12/12.

2.)It's gonna get about 3-4 feet tall
3.)It grows fast, drinks lots of water and mine wanted MORE nutes than I gave them.
4.)The buds will be very dense, there will be lot's of frosting, but the buds won't be huge in size.

As for the drooping, mine did that when I transplanted them into passive hydro. I thought I was overwatering, but it turns out I was underwatering. Once the roots got established they just took off. Make sure they're getting the right water. Also, these plants are hard to kill. Mine endured some abuse....from 90% RH after a big storm flooded the floor, to 20%RH in heat wave, to totally underfeeding them, and finally spider mites. They are still producing.

IMG_01522.JPG

IMG_01694.JPG

For example, I've got my two BD's growing next to a WW and a Jack Herer. The WW and Jack each have main cola's that are 12-14 inches long....same nutes, same light, same medium, etc. However, the Blue Dreams have several smaller colas, about 6-8 inches long. If you pinch the WW, the cola is thick but not rock hard. The BD feels like it's already dried....it's so dang dense, and I know it's heavy, because after I sprayed them once, all the branches sagged. The buds are smaller, but very dense and frosty.

I am smoking some too, that came from my clones mom.....and it's really nice, smooth and pleasant. Lot's of laughing, great mental energy for about an hour, followed by a very comfortable body stone. I really like this stuff, and.....

Good luck with your grow! I'll be tuned in a watching.

Well it said 50-70 days in the binder. The guy said if you take it early, you will get some of the blues, but lose weight. Pretty much he told me 9-10 weeks, wait will be long, but having smoked BD before I am willing to wait.

I am willing to wait too....it's nice. I'm glad to here that....I was worried I would have to harvest in about 2 weeks, and I'd like to gain more weight.

I'm gonna let the plants tell me when to harvest, but those guidelines help.

Another EbbnGrow....sheds a tear....so close to my heart.
I truy appreciate you taking the time listing all the info...makes it so nice.
Drop the light lower...I asume your at 18 hrs? run it at least 20 or more....keeps your temp up...just go 24 hrs
raise the cycles to 7 at 30 mins flood.....your ppm is low wich is fine but the system likes more cycles.
I flood 6 times at 1 hr.
good luckbro...you will be very happy!

so all it takes to get PV to cry is a bit of Cannabis in and Ebb n Grow? You'd probably marry the first girl you met who used EbbnGrow, eh Pit?
;)

If a woman had an EbbnGrow it would def add 2 solid points to the total

If a woman had an EbbnGrow it would def add 2 solid points to the total

:laugh:

I would love to play along with this revelation....but I don't want to hijack this journal!

Parting shot:

38 year old "4"
add 2 for the Ebb n Grow
add another point for MJ goggles
add another because she likes to sit in front of the laptop and look at Swampgas' journals (she likes Julie)

You've basically turned a "4" into an eight!

Now, if they prefer to put on make up under an HPS, so they look good at work.......

:laugh:

I would love to play along with this revelation....but I don't want to hijack this journal!

Parting shot:

38 year old "4"
add 2 for the Ebb n Grow
add another point for MJ goggles
add another because she likes to sit in front of the laptop and look at Swampgas' journals (she likes Julie)

You've basically turned a "4" into an eight!

Now, if they prefer to put on make up under an HPS, so they look good at work.......

......Im on mute....

Another EbbnGrow....sheds a tear....so close to my heart.
I truy appreciate you taking the time listing all the info...makes it so nice.
Drop the light lower...I asume your at 18 hrs? run it at least 20 or more....keeps your temp up...just go 24 hrs
raise the cycles to 7 at 30 mins flood.....your ppm is low wich is fine but the system likes more cycles.
I flood 6 times at 1 hr.
good luckbro...you will be very happy!

Glad to have you on board Pit, i have poured over your journals. So I just changed the lights to 24/7, set floods to 7 times daily, 30 minutes long. I also lowered the light to 22inches, it has the glass on.
Thanks a bunch.

Glad to have you on board Pit, i have poured over your journals. So I just changed the lights to 24/7, set floods to 7 times daily, 30 minutes long. I also lowered the light to 22inches, it has the glass on.
Thanks a bunch.

those bitches will be screaming....watch them take off.
after a week I would crank the ppm to 900 or more. I do run mine hot so take that into consideration.

make sure you drain the res weekly...

Updates,
I went and checked on the girls this morning before work, and the temps where all right on the money, 77 over canopy, 69 in room, 66 in reservoir. PPM's have risen a bit up to around 750, and PH is at 5.9. It was in the middle of the 30min feed, and the girls where slightly drooped over. I think/hope they where just full of water. If they look drooped over when I get home in 8 hours, I will take pics and ask advice.
Thanks again for all the help guys.

BLEH,
10:30pm, there's me feeding quarters into a pure water machine outside the grocery store because I added too much PH down to my reservoir and I don't have PH up. A pain in the ass, but I didn't hurt the plants. So maybe I need a bit more info on the whole ph adjustment. I started my first test reservoir with tap water, and it was at almost 400ppm. It took a lot of ph down to get the water down. I then switched over to RO water, and a few drops sent my ph way down. So here are a few questions;
Do you adjust ph daily with the ebb and grow?
whats the most you would attempt to lower at one time?
How bad is it to add ph down, then ph up?
Why does the ph keep creeping up? ( I am pretty sure because the plants use up some of the nutes?)
Also, I think I might have a Magnesium deficency, the veins are dark green and the leaves are lime colored on the new growth.

But, the plants are growing fast, so maybe I am over thinking the whole matter.
Thanks for reading, and any advice.

I think I can help. I read an extensive article yesterday in "maximum yield". good stuff
The basics of it are that you Ph will change as the water "sits". If you want a better detail on that Ill post it. but the biggest thing they said is to get the water moving causing some evap and satbilization. I use 2 260gph powerheads in my res. That was just an afterthought to put in but I figured all the agitation is good...it stated it in the article I read yesterday. I try not to PH up and down if possible..always give me an issue. I have to adjust once a week at most.
yes your ph will cycle up naturally and thats a great thing..diff macro nutes are absorbed at diff Ph levels...thats why I dont hold one PH...will cause lockout.
you may have a deficiency becaus something isnt being absobed due to the ph issue.
Here is the article brother.....Goodbye from Maximum Yield....read it in detail, I think it will clear some things up

AWESOME,
Thanks a bunch, when I left this morning I was at 6.2 so I think all is good. I am anxious about what it will be in 7 hours from now when I get home.
As always, great to have people with experience to help me out. The guys at the hydro store are not that cool, and act inconvenienced when I ask a question. Pretty lame considering I spent about 2k there. Oh well, least I have a digital camera, and this sweet forum.
on a good note, I have seen new growth on all 8 plants.
Taker Eazy.

I think I can help. I read an extensive article yesterday in "maximum yield". good stuff
The basics of it are that you Ph will change as the water "sits". If you want a better detail on that Ill post it. but the biggest thing they said is to get the water moving causing some evap and satbilization. I use 2 260gph powerheads in my res. That was just an afterthought to put in but I figured all the agitation is good...it stated it in the article I read yesterday. I try not to PH up and down if possible..always give me an issue. I have to adjust once a week at most.
yes your ph will cycle up naturally and thats a great thing..diff macro nutes are absorbed at diff Ph levels...thats why I dont hold one PH...will cause lockout.
you may have a deficiency becaus something isnt being absobed due to the ph issue.
Here is the article brother.....Maximum Yield - Indoor Gardening....read it in detail, I think it will clear some things up

I just read that Maximum yield article, talk about the exact answer to my questions! I currently have one airstone in the reservoir. So I have 1 last question, I am currently working with 30 gals of ro water from the dispensers outside the grocery store. it comes at 7.0ph, and has like 30-40 ppm. would you try and lower to 5.8 right off the bat, and let it do the creeping up thing?
Thanks Bro

Back
Top Bottom