Blueberry X Haze - Ebb & Grow

I just read that Maximum yield article, talk about the exact answer to my questions! I currently have one airstone in the reservoir. So I have 1 last question, I am currently working with 30 gals of ro water from the dispensers outside the grocery store. it comes at 7.0ph, and has like 30-40 ppm. would you try and lower to 5.8 right off the bat, and let it do the creeping up thing?
Thanks Bro

drop it to 5.5 and let it cycle up to 6.2 until adjusting again..start with just a lil PH down...small steps so that you dont go too far down causing you to add PH up.

Reservoir Temp
So I am under the impression that 68F is optimal (a few exceptions for certain strains). Currently my room without heat is dropping to low 60's high 50's at night, so I set the heater to kick on anytime the room dips below 68. I have the heater about 3 ft from the reservoir, and about 12 ft from the plants. This seems to be working, just curious what other people do to raise their temps. Thankfully I am not having to deal with cooling the reservoir yet, but summer will be here soon enough, and I will fight that beast later.

A submersible aquarium heater works well for reservoirs. Finda em at the pet or fish store. They are rated by the max gal they can treat. Some u can adjust the temp on. Hope this helps.

Nice, I just checked out a few online. Not that expensive really.

Here are pics from 10 mins ago. This is Day 5, pics at beginning are Day 3, I am very happy with the improvement.

This is a Pic of all 8
ALL_OF_EM.jpg

Here is the champ of the room... atm

TOP_VIEW4.jpg

Still a little yellow on a couple.

YELLOW_12.jpg

Well, Canopy 76F, Room 70F, Reservoir 68F, PPM 735, PH 5.7

Comments as always are appreciated.
TIME TO MEDICATE!

I already see a major improvement bro. forget the resovoir temp...you basically have a free "chiller"....everyone should have your problem

lookin good slosmokin! For all of us CAP ebb and gro lovers here, I just saw today in the new maximum yeil and urban gardening magazine that they are making 2 gallon inserts for the CAP system. That way there arent any more hauling or cleaning rocks, they just slip right on. n Sounds like an awesome idea and supposedly the results are supposed to surpass hydroton...I dont know if this is hype or what since I havent tried it buit it sounds interesting. They also make 3 gallon inserts for peopel like me who run 5 gallonb bucket sets and 2 gallon bucket sets. Like the journal slosmokin!

:popcorn: I'm aboard. Pit has a lot of experience with this system as does GreenIsland. I would defer to their first hand knowledge.

lookin good slosmokin! For all of us CAP ebb and gro lovers here, I just saw today in the new maximum yeil and urban gardening magazine that they are making 2 gallon inserts for the CAP system. That way there arent any more hauling or cleaning rocks, they just slip right on. n Sounds like an awesome idea and supposedly the results are supposed to surpass hydroton...I dont know if this is hype or what since I havent tried it buit it sounds interesting. They also make 3 gallon inserts for peopel like me who run 5 gallonb bucket sets and 2 gallon bucket sets. Like the journal slosmokin!

Are you talking neoprene inserts and no media? Call me skeptical on its efficacy. Once you get a good root mass and the bucket drains, the roots will all collapse into a stringy mass. The roots may get all tangled up after several flood and drains. Without media that absorbs moisture, the roots would soon dry out so many more flood and drain cycles would be required. This would then move the system from ebb n flow to more of a modified DWC setup.

I already see a major improvement bro. forget the resovoir temp...you basically have a free "chiller"....everyone should have your problem

In terms of Dissolved Oxygen yes, but I think that when the roots get cold enough, the plant's metabolism will slow down. We in California ususlly don't have cold res issues, but I think growers in England have had to deal with this issue more. Aquarium heaters have been successfully employed before.

whuddup dude... i couldnt use my usual TheHealingCannabis, too long so this is my handle... nice setup, maybe get the buckets off the floor just a bit to help root temps stay warm. later :grinjoint:

I was thinking the same thing. The concrete floor will heat or chill your buckets and rez. Putting down some of the foam board stuff used in construction or a plywood subfloor may help in moderating nutrient temp fluctuations.

:popcorn: I'm aboard. Pit has a lot of experience with this system as does GreenIsland. I would defer to their first hand knowledge.

Are you talking neoprene inserts and no media? Call me skeptical on its efficacy. Once you get a good root mass and the bucket drains, the roots will all collapse into a stringy mass. The roots may get all tangled up after several flood and drains. Without media that absorbs moisture, the roots would soon dry out so many more flood and drain cycles would be required. This would then move the system from ebb n flow to more of a modified DWC setup.

In terms of Dissolved Oxygen yes, but I think that when the roots get cold enough, the plant's metabolism will slow down. We in California ususlly don't have cold res issues, but I think growers in England have had to deal with this issue more. Aquarium heaters have been successfully employed before.

I was thinking the same thing. The concrete floor will heat or chill your buckets and rez. Putting down some of the foam board stuff used in construction or a plywood subfloor may help in moderating nutrient temp fluctuations.

I am torn on what to put under it, i hate the idea of leaving space for mildew/mold to grow under some board. I noticed GreenIsland has little tiles under his, but Pit just goes straight onto the concrete (pretty sure).So far, the temps at canopy have been totally fine, high 70's, so I would expect the roots to be warm enough.

More Questions;
I am looking really good ATM, good growth/color. So, I have decided to think about prevention. I have used a sulfur burner in the past to combat Powdery Mildew, but I don't want to have to buy another one. I have a bottle of neem oil, and I was considering doing a mist of that. My questions are;
Is Blue Dream really powdery mildew resistant?
Would sulfur or neem oil be a better prevention for PM, mold ect..
I also read that RO water is more susceptible to Root rot because there is no chlorine to kill it. Any thoughts?

More Questions;
I am looking really good ATM, good growth/color. So, I have decided to think about prevention. I have used a sulfur burner in the past to combat Powdery Mildew, but I don't want to have to buy another one. I have a bottle of neem oil, and I was considering doing a mist of that. My questions are;
Is Blue Dream really powdery mildew resistant?
Would sulfur or neem oil be a better prevention for PM, mold ect..
I also read that RO water is more susceptible to Root rot because there is no chlorine to kill it. Any thoughts?

My BD have proved to be very hardy. I'd give 'em a light spraying of neem once a week till the second week of flower. Break out the strong stuff if you have any sign of bugs. Neem supposedly combats PM.

I'm not an expert, but chlorine is not good for root health. RO water, with all the additives and micronutes will keep those roots healthy......just do what Pitviper or McBudz does....I'm pretty sure he uses RO.

Don't play with PM. If u think there's a potential for PM and have the place to do it, burn sulfur (in veg, dunno bout flower), I've heard nothing but good things. Once ur plants get PM they got it till they die. Kinda like herpes. We can only attempt to minimize the damage of the outbreaks if t makes any sense to u. I know I know weird analogy, but it sticks in my head like that. When dealing with PM indoors environmental controls are tantamount to preventative success. Think temp and relative humidity. :peace:

Here is the add that I saw with those inserts for ebb and gro people like us. I put it on my thread so as not to impose on yours. Heres the link for the pic of the addhttps://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/100_1496_-_Copy.jpg

and heres a link to my thread if you would like to continue the conversation elsewhere.

Greenislands 5 Gallon Upgrade Ebb & Gro TEK

They look pretty neet to me!
I actually looked into those a bit, I just couldn't find any reviews on it. (too new) If you go on youtube, and type sure to grow, there is a guy who talks about them, plus gives a couple cool ideas for your Ebb and grow. (cool idea for using garden stakes) involves a binder clip.

Updates,
Well everything is looking really good, I think all the plants are pretty much done with the shock. Of course another concern crossed my mind, I am getting 30-40RH throughout the day. I have sprayed them once, and it did raise the humidity a bit but went down in like an hour. I am really happy with all my temps, so I don't want to stop my ventilation. Any cheap Ideas?

Don't play with PM. If u think there's a potential for PM and have the place to do it, burn sulfur (in veg, dunno bout flower), I've heard nothing but good things. Once ur plants get PM they got it till they die. Kinda like herpes. We can only attempt to minimize the damage of the outbreaks if t makes any sense to u. I know I know weird analogy, but it sticks in my head like that. When dealing with PM indoors environmental controls are tantamount to preventative success. Think temp and relative humidity. :peace:

I think i just have paranoia from getting it before. I will probably end up buying the sulfur burner.

I actually looked into those a bit, I just couldn't find any reviews on it. (too new) If you go on youtube, and type sure to grow, there is a guy who talks about them, plus gives a couple cool ideas for your Ebb and grow. (cool idea for using garden stakes) involves a binder clip.

Updates,
Well everything is looking really good, I think all the plants are pretty much done with the shock. Of course another concern crossed my mind, I am getting 30-40RH throughout the day. I have sprayed them once, and it did raise the humidity a bit but went down in like an hour. I am really happy with all my temps, so I don't want to stop my ventilation. Any cheap Ideas?

Is that insert "sure to grow?"

I was interested in this stuff too....until I saw it in action. We have a hydro shop here where the guys really know their stuff. They've got hundreds of plants growing right there in the shop, using different products, etc.

Sure to Grow is crap. It holds too much water and most stuff they tried to grow got rot. Seeds suffered from damping off....they won't sell it there.

If you're using this stuff successfully, I'd love to see it. I thought it looked really cool, but after seeing what a gelatinous blob it is when it gets wet and talking with some dialed-in growers, this stuff is not good.

Yes it is a sure to grow "insert", I just dont see how it could turn into a wet mess, if anything it would seem like it was too dry. Actually they say you have to flood your plants more often so that leads me to beleive that it holds water less than your typical medium, ie hydroton, higromite, etc. I dunno though, it should be easy enough to test out eh? OH and PS, it is pricey too so that REALLY sucks, lol

Back
Top Bottom